Featured Posts

Flippy
2 hours ago, TylerMedeiros said:

I’m going tonight at 6pm!

Me too! I’m so looking forward to it! 

2 hours ago, heygurlhi said:

hahah this movie is such a dumpterfire this remakes have to end 

Thanks for giving me this information that I absolutely needed :huntyga:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

CoolTrainerTerry
2 hours ago, heygurlhi said:

hahah this movie is such a dumpterfire this remakes have to end 

So you've seen it??

• Thanks 4

GovernmentHookah

So guys, I’ve just come back from tonight’s special screening. 5/10

Complete Disney Channel movie quality for me. Not just in cinematography, but in acting and writing. The new songs :smh:

The only saving grace in this movie is Halle and Melissa. 

• Like 1

Flippy

I actually went to the early screening a few hours ago and I actually love it! Much better than the previous LA remakes! My 8 year old niece loved it and she can’t wait to watch it again, same for me! 
My friends also loved every part of it! We laughed, we cried and cheered for Halle! I enjoyed the in-depth characterization that they gave Prince Eric and I personally enjoyed it so, so much! It didn’t even feel a little over 2 hours :sara: Ready to rewatch it again today! And then again, Sunday! 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Levine

In italy more than 600k euros in less than 24 hours. And we are talking about a Wendsney.

So all those people crying because "she's blaaackkk the real ariel is whiteeee boohooo" did nothing, as usual. lol

I can only watch it next week tho :( I got ****ing covid

Edited by Levine
  • Sad 3

Villanelle

I wanna know if we see Ariel naked like in the animated. I was always shook Disney did that 

• Like 1

Flippy
35 minutes ago, Levine said:

In italy more than 600k euros in less than 24 hours. And we are talking about a Wendsney.

So all those people crying because "she's blaaackkk the real ariel is whiteeee boohooo" did nothing, as usual. lol

I can only watch it next week thos :( I got ****ing covid

I’m so sorry you got COVID! I hope you heal and feel better soon! 
I’m so glad the movie is doing so good… AND on a Wednesday! :flutter: All the haters can seethe

16 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I wanna know if we see Ariel naked like in the animated. I was always shook Disney did that 

We still get slight glimpses but nothing explicit. It’s done very tastefully I think! :flower:

• Love 1

TylerMedeiros

no spoilers:

I thought it was enjoyable… but I made an excuse twice to go use the restroom..got pretty slow and boring for me. 

I wish Vanessa looked more like Ariel like in the original movie. And I didn’t understand (not talking about representation) how Eric’s mother was black when he’s white as can be. 

King Triton’s palace seemed to be very dark  and not as grand as it did in the original. 

I’d give it a 7/10, for the nostalgia and excitement that both my best friend and I felt at so many different moments…and it’s our favorite Disney Princess movie. But idk. I didn’t like dark it was, like there’s no way you could watch this at home on tv in the daylight without darkening blinds. 

I just don’t know how I feel. It felt incredible and also…visually was lacking some bright colors. Movies nowadays all have such dark esthetics that you can barely see. 

YEET

Galvon
2 minutes ago, TylerMedeiros said:

no spoilers:

I thought it was enjoyable… but I made an excuse twice to go use the restroom..got pretty slow and boring for me. 

I wish Vanessa looked more like Ariel like in the original movie. And I didn’t understand (not talking about representation) how Eric’s mother was black when he’s white as can be. 

King Triton’s palace seemed to be very dark  and not as grand as it did in the original. 

I’d give it a 7/10, for the nostalgia and excitement that both my best friend and I felt at so many different moments…and it’s our favorite Disney Princess movie. But idk. I didn’t like dark it was, like there’s no way you could watch this at home on tv in the daylight without darkening blinds. 

I just don’t know how I feel. It felt incredible and also…visually was lacking some bright colors. Movies nowadays all have such dark esthetics that you can barely see. 

I've heard there was a reason for why Eric's mother is black and he is not, but I won't spoil it here. Maybe you missed the detail because you left a few times.

Also I agree that a lot of movies are unessecary dark nowadays. For example the last 2 Harry Potter movies. I love them, you just need a very good tv to watch those, otherwise you can hardly see anything in the night scenes. But I think with disney livaction remakes they tried to make it look more dark because it's realistic. Deepest oceans are very dark because sunlight can't reach there. The deeper the ocean the darker it gets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Battle 4 Ur Life

guys, this movie was awesome.

Halle and Melissa both ate and left no crumbs. The only bad part of this movie was Prince Eric musical act which was kinda hard to sit through but the scene itself was pretty well shot and edited and it’s honestly not even that bad. The rest is a whole slay.

It’s a feel good movie for kids (young and old like me) and honestly if you’re expecting a philosophical experience you can read Nietzsche or Kafka, b*.

it’s 100% Disney magic and I’m seeing it again. so many people hating on this movie before they even bother to see it’s a freaking shame but that’s the society we have nowadays.

It’s a very delicate movie. fit for the Princesses inside of us. the ogres can honestly f off

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Omar Vela

Gonna see it tomorrow, too excited for Vanessa's trick scene (almost got spoiled on tiktok lol). I know Im gonna like it as much as I liked Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast (with latin american dub because our Belle could actually sing).

Alkso...I just want to keep lin manuel miranda away to anything related to Disney musicals, that scuttle and Sebastian song was painful to hear on the album. I'm just tired of that overrated man...

Edited by Omar Vela
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

boiswifty
35 minutes ago, Omar Vela said:

Gonna see it tomorrow, too excited for Vanessa's trick scene (almost got spoiled on tiktok lol). I know I gonna like it as much as I like it Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast (with latin american dub because our Belle could actually sing).

Alkso...I just want to keep lin manuel miranda away to anything related to Disney musicals, that scuttle and Sebastian song was painful to hear on the album. I'm just tired of that overrated man...

You'll like it better than Aladdin and BATB I can promise you that 

• YAAAS 2

• PartySick unfeatured this topic