Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana's DYKTTATUOB became the fastest-selling album of 2023 so far in the UK

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Lana Del Rey has landed a sixth UK No.1 album - and achieved one of her biggest weekly sales totals to date.

Lana’s ninth studio album became the fastest-selling of 2023 so far. It sold 9,717 CDs, 20,809 vinyl albums, 2,582 cassettes and 998 digital downloads, as well as 7,819 units from sales-equivalent streams.

Lana Del Rey previously hit No.1 with Born to Die (2012), Ultraviolence (2014), Lust for Life (2017), Norman ****ing Rockwell! (2019) and Chemtrails Over The Country Club (2021).  

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 9
  • Love 3
  • Shook 1

weed

good for her. she's literally just doing her thing and making music lol and the fans support it

• Like 11

tyler k

honestly, good for her!!

the album is fantastic and her best since NFR (imo) and I'm happy to see an artist truly embracing their work and the fans still showing up to support!

I wish she could go #1 in the US 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 6
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

LaFama

I'm happy for her and the success she's having, she deserves it :heart:

On the other hand, streaming is kinda fcked up, she has like millions of streams and that's not even 10,000 sales :toofunny: 

Its not a fedora u f*ck
  • Love 1

Debithius

When MM drops an album every 3rd - 4th year, I am thankful that Lana drops one every year.

VasilisVas

Good for her. I love Lana but this album was a letdown for me. Since NFR all of her albums sound like one big never ending song. I’m a bit tired of the piano ballads and the mumbling singing voice she’s been using. I need her to go back to Born to Die/Paradise, Ultraviolence, and Honeymoon type of songs to switch up a bit finally. 

Teletubby
8 minutes ago, LaFama said:

On the other hand, streaming is kinda fcked up, she has like millions of streams and that's not even 10,000 sales :toofunny: 

I think it's fair that 1 album sale is equal to 1,000 streams (this is less than in the US where 1 album= 1,250 paid streams or 3,750 free streams) otherwise, the most streamed artist could be on top indefinitely.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀
  • Like 1

TMM90

Finally an album of hers that has been released in Dolby Atmos - the only thing I wished for since the introduction of DA.

LaFama
49 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

I think it's fair that 1 album sale is equal to 1,000 streams (this is less than in the US where 1 album= 1,250 paid streams or 3,750 free streams) otherwise, the most streamed artist could be on top indefinitely.

I guess it's true, like I don't think 1 stream should be the same as 1 sale, but it's kinda shocking to me how even the most streamed artists have so little sales counting :toofunny:, it makes me think about how low the numbers for indie and smaller artists/bands might be. But I guess it has more do with the state of the industry than streaming itself. 

Its not a fedora u f*ck