💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga has the top-grossing Vegas residency per show of the past 5 years

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Roronoa
3 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

nobody asked about that girl who can barely sing and cant dance. yet her tween stans are using mom and dads money to pay for 1000 dollar tickets 

#pathetic

I was making a joke. :anveeroy:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IndyMelissa
On 3/30/2023 at 6:38 AM, Mr S said:

Celine made it so that Vegas is for superstars and not the Tom Jones etc. But she was still a has-been which was always the stigma.

Britney made it so that Vegas is not for old people anymore. She was the first young and current artist. But she became a has-been after it and reinforced the stigma that is for has-beens.

Gaga made it so that you can be current and relevant even after doing Vegas. She was the first artist who was young and relevant and remained relevant after Vegas. she was the first to have a #1 hit single (two) after Vegas.

All 3 played a role and shaping what a Vegas residency is, but I'd argue Gaga made it cool to do and now you get Bruno Mars and Adele doing them.

Celine was definitely not a "has-been". Caesar's built that Colosseum specifically FOR HER. They would have never built a facility for her to launch her residency if they thought she was a "has-been".  Yes, it was definitely a stigma, but that did not apply to her. Her contract for that and a subsequent world tour-after her residency, from 2017-2026, received an unprecedented $500 million price in the music industry. I don't even like her, quite the opposite, but she was, and still is, a world-wide superstar.

I LIVE FOR THE APPLAUSE

StrawberryBlond

It's amazing how she pulled in all this money from just 52 shows in just under 3.5 years. Vegas gigs seem lucrative but you'll notice that the ones that pull in mega bucks have been going for years and years. The reason why Celine, Elton, Cher, etc have pulled in so much money from them is because each residency lasts 5+ years with literally hundreds of shows in that time. Because a theatre is much smaller than an arena, you can't make $1 million or more per show like you can at bigger venues, so you have to do a ton more work to really be on par with touring boxscores.

I only find it unfortunate that it couldn't be extended so she could hit that $100 million figure, she was so close to it. As you can see, J-Lo's residency made $101 million and she had to do 121 shows to make that, so Gaga was well on her way to hitting that figure and above with a whole lot less shows. I'm still shocked that Britney's residency lasted for 4 years and yet only pulled in $137 million with a whopping 248 shows. I felt she made a lot more money than that and deserved to, with all those constant gigs. It all depends on how much fans are willing to pay, I suppose. Gaga also benefited from having 2 completely different experiences by doing a jazz set on alternate nights as well, which made fans want to pay to see her twice and opened her up to an audience who wouldn't normally listen to her pop tunes but would be happy to pay to watch her sing the standards.

Archived