đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga has the top-grossing Vegas residency per show of the past 5 years

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

chromaticainmyhead
5 hours ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

I'm a Britney fan, so don't get me wrong but Britney's residency was kind of the prime example for a career’s graveyard

But that had more to do with how people perceived her above all the media than her actual shows. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimmytimestep
6 hours ago, heygurlhi said:

How is bruno so high, cant imagine someone actually paying to see ha 

Bruno is a GREAT live show. He and Gaga are really great live performers, I'm not surprised at all.

NATAH
8 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

Again, I think this is what is what we don't agree about. This website is not a representation of what the general population thinks. You may have felt that way about Gaga going there. I bet younger fans of artists like Billie, Olivia, Ariana etc still might think it means it's the end of their careers. Britney ushered in the era of artists in their 30s being presented with the possibility of going there without it looking weird career wise. It would not have been a viable option for Gaga had Britney not attracted a younger audience already. 

i was actually v excited for vegas but her own fanbase was eating her alive for it outside of this website

mother, what must i do?

NATAH
6 hours ago, heygurlhi said:

How is bruno so high, cant imagine someone actually paying to see ha 

the gp adores bruno mars, he is always getting hits

mother, what must i do?

HotLikeMexico
6 hours ago, CCSir said:

As a French-Canadian, I gotta ask, please also credit our national queen

Celine Dion Cd GIF

I was going to say.. ^^^ she’s the real credit for this

tylertremallose
7 hours ago, monstrosity said:

Maybe idk? Britney is incredible of course and her residency was top tier but did she make it hype again? Idk I’m young, all I know is that when it was announced that Gaga was going the vegas route everybody was like « well her career is officially post-prime, that’s the usual route for fading popstars » (nicely put) and, after her residency, nobody would say that about an artist based on a vegas residency alone (eg. about Adele) 

The city of Las Vegas actually praised Britney for the influx of younger visitors, so she made residencies a thing again 

monstrosity
7 minutes ago, tylertremallose said:

The city of Las Vegas actually praised Britney for the influx of younger visitors, so she made residencies a thing again 

Again, not disputing that, but it doesn’t change the fact that having a residency was still seen as a symptom of a dying career 

and then Gaga’s residency came into play 

Jack3257

“Legacy Artists” (Celine, Elton, Cher) have created shows that are more of a career retrospective.  They managed to help change the mentality from it being a graveyard for dying careers to a place to hear the hits.

Britney is credited with launching the “pop spectacle” and drawing in a younger audience.  She still started deep in her career, but she created a full-blown pop concert.

Gaga turned the residency into what artists should do at the peak of their game.  In addition to a pop spectacle, she was able to provide something unique with Jazz & Piano.  She is the first artists that didn’t use Vegas as a way to make money/fill the time between tours, but rather to further her career.  It’s because of Gaga that artists like Adele, Katy, and Bruno have turned to sin city.

IndyMelissa
12 hours ago, monstrosity said:

She really made Las Vegas residency hype again and people don’t credit her enough for that

before her it was a career’s graveyard

Actually, it was Celine Dion that reinvented the Vegas Residency....

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/rob-prinz-icm-partners-co-head-of-worldwide-concerts-from-the-desk-of-7358123/

I LIVE FOR THE APPLAUSE

Monstermilo
18 hours ago, Roronoa said:

Taylor Swift coming for that spot. :anveeroy:

nobody asked about that girl who can barely sing and cant dance. yet her tween stans are using mom and dads money to pay for 1000 dollar tickets 

#pathetic

19 hours ago, TMM90 said:

Excuse me, you forgot what Britney did for Vegas! And Gaga learned from that.

Celine made it so that Vegas is for superstars and not the Tom Jones etc. But she was still a has-been which was always the stigma.

Britney made it so that Vegas is not for old people anymore. She was the first young and current artist. But she became a has-been after it and reinforced the stigma that is for has-beens.

Gaga made it so that you can be current and relevant even after doing Vegas. She was the first artist who was young and relevant and remained relevant after Vegas. she was the first to have a #1 hit single (two) after Vegas.

All 3 played a role and shaping what a Vegas residency is, but I'd argue Gaga made it cool to do and now you get Bruno Mars and Adele doing them.

monstrosity
55 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

nobody asked about that girl who can barely sing and cant dance. yet her tween stans are using mom and dads money to pay for 1000 dollar tickets 

#pathetic

Breathe

Borislshere

I’m going to Vegas next week and all they have is Katy perry :saladga:

never thought I’d be asking for enigma…:traumatica:

Archived