💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Joe talking about his sobriety on Fox News

Nite

Featured Posts

Night Vision
1 hour ago, Dr Fudge said:

I know this is controversial and believe me, I’m as liberal as they come, but I think the silver-lining to Joe becoming this recurring guest on Fox News is that MAYBE it provides hope that this political divide in the US can be lessened in some sort of capacity through his affiliation with Gaga. 

agreed that it’s a choice to do it on her bday tho

I can promise you that Lady Gaga's dad becoming a Fox News mouthpiece will have zero impact on the political divide in the US.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borisapillar
18 minutes ago, old sanuk said:

I don’t think that Gaga’s family relationships are any of our business, as they cannot escape from the side glow of her large spotlight while trying to live their own lives. I also think it most unkind to Gaga diss her Dad, or any of her family. Family is sacrosanct. I watched the interview clip and her Dad never mentioned Gaga, but only spoke of his cold turkey sobriety anniversary and non-alcoholic cocktail theme nights at his restaurant, so congratulations to him. Fox News is not my scene, so I only know of his interview from this hysterical thread.

If a news outlet invited me on to discuss my accomplishment I’d probably do it, and if a famous relative had a same day birthday, so be it, I’d attend to that, too. I don’t care for politics, but follow my own mind.

He is making himself a public figure by going on Tucker Carlson’s show. We are absolutely allowed to discuss this and express our opinions.

Schwerk
12 minutes ago, old sanuk said:

I don’t think that Gaga’s family relationships are any of our business, as they cannot escape from the side glow of her large spotlight while trying to live their own lives. I also think it most unkind to Gaga diss her Dad, or any of her family. Family is sacrosanct. I watched the interview clip and her Dad never mentioned Gaga, but only spoke of his cold turkey sobriety anniversary and non-alcoholic cocktail theme nights at his restaurant, so congratulations to him. Fox News is not my scene, so I only know of his interview from this hysterical thread.

If a news outlet invited me on to discuss my accomplishment I’d probably do it, and if a famous relative had a same day birthday, so be it, I’d attend to that, too. I don’t care for politics, but follow my own mind.

It's true he doesn't mention her, which is respectful to her, but the problem is that he doesn't have to mention her, because they already do that for him and he knows. They litterally call him Lady Gaga's dad, not Joe Germanotta, not NYC Restauranteur, Not "NYC bar owner talks sobriety" etc etc. If not for Gaga, to them he'd just be an average Joe that wouldn't get a platform. He frequents Fox a lot and there's often, like in this case, not a newsworthy reason for him to appear on a news channel. This also makes it seem like he volunteers himself. Or he's on their calllist when they're are all out of nonsense cause he always says yes. 

I worked in news for 13 years, there's always people like this that love this type of attention and validation.

I do still respect him as her father and I would not ask Gaga to publicly address this, because its still a private matter and I don't see much harm in what he does. It's just a bit silly to me.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Dr Fudge
3 minutes ago, Night Vision said:

I can promise you that Lady Gaga's dad becoming a Fox News mouthpiece will have zero impact on the political divide in the US.

Tbh I know. It’s 100% me being delusional and holding onto the smallest iota of hope. Believe me, I see how awful Tucker is lol

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Gaga loves her dad and u people all trashing him on the internet is not right, Gaga wouldn’t wanna touch u with a 10 foot pole. 

JoanneMonster
35 minutes ago, urgirl said:

Gaga loves her dad and u people all trashing him on the internet is not right, Gaga wouldn’t wanna touch u with a 10 foot pole. 

I love brownies, doesn't mean they are good for your health

I See You

djBuffoon

Congrats on being sober, Joe. Now get a damn clue and stop associating with truly abhorrent people like Tucker Carlson. :green:

Bowman

Good for him. whatever it is that people don't like about him doesn't mean anything to me, I adore Gaga so much so it feels only right to respect him as it's her dad so I think everyone should do the same. We also don't really know him entirely well as much as her own family

đ•Żđ•”, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

lasagna
26 minutes ago, Bowman said:

Good for him. whatever it is that people don't like about him doesn't mean anything to me, I adore Gaga so much so it feels only right to respect him as it's her dad so I think everyone should do the same. We also don't really know him entirely well as much as her own family

nah. if hes going on television hes allowing people to discuss and criticize him.

joe votes for/has voted for and actively supports people that are currently criminalizing being transgender, being gay, and doing drag, and thats not even scratching the surface. on top of that he voted for a president that attacked his daughter. as much as i love gaga and can respect her love for her dad, many of us do not like joe for very valid reasons. anyone with a narcissistic and manipulative parent can see whats happening here.

human turd

SarahYuko

I say this begrudgingly (for obv reasons) but good for him. Hope Cynthia's doing well too given her complicated position amidst all this. Family, trauma, addiction, politics... can't be easy for anyone.

Nickypie101

Tucker Carlson really? It’s blatant disrespect for him to keep talking to these host who support the man who has publicly bashed Gaga many times, why can’t he be more like Lana’s dad? :yennefer:

Bowman
2 hours ago, lasagna said:

nah. if hes going on television hes allowing people to discuss and criticize him.

joe votes for/has voted for and actively supports people that are currently criminalizing being transgender, being gay, and doing drag, and thats not even scratching the surface. on top of that he voted for a president that attacked his daughter. as much as i love gaga and can respect her love for her dad, many of us do not like joe for very valid reasons. anyone with a narcissistic and manipulative parent can see whats happening here.

Yeah i understand what you’re saying here about his bad political choices and it’s a real shame. I’m sure we can all agree here that we dislike that fact he supports these types of people, but to dislike him personally? no, he hasn’t hurt anyone (unless you can think of a valid reason). I remember me and others bumped into him at ArtRave and he was very kind towards us despite our small interaction 

We are all people with different beliefs. You can dislike/hate a person’s beliefs / religion and opinions, but trying to see the best in someone and be kind to them as much as you can makes life a better place for everyone unless they have gone out their way to physically hurt you or have done / said bad things. We need to try to get along and realise individuals will be different

And let’s face it, i’m pretty sure he does not support and agree with criminalising drag, trans and gay rights especially after bringing up his own gay icon daughter, their are probably certain things that are important to him and that’s fine 

Edit: After giving this another thought I do think Joe should of thought more about everything especially after Trump dragging Gaga, that was very stupid of him, but i still dont think we should throw hate at Joe all the time though, lets just hope he changes his views one day 

đ•Żđ•”, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Archived