Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna Adds Nashville Tour Date and Calls Out Anti-LGBTQ+ State Laws

Evil R

Featured Posts

Evil R

Pop icon Madonna won’t allow a troubling trend of state legislation targeting the LGBTQ+ community impede her career-spanning Celebration Tour, announcing plans to perform in Nashville just weeks after Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee signed a law restricting drag shows in the Volunteer State.

Tennessee Senate Bill 3 creates a new felony offense for anyone engaging in an “adult cabaret performance” on public property or in any location where the performance “could be viewed by a person who is not an adult.” In announcing her plans to perform at the Bridgestone Arena on Dec. 22 — one of nine new shows added to the sellout tour that now stretches to 80 dates across North America and Europe — Madonna and tour opener Caldwell Tidicue, who performs as Bob the Drag Queen, seem prepared to confront and possibly break the law. Maybe.

Madonna addressed the issue in a press release announcing the Nashville show, among others.

“The oppression of the LGBTQ+ is not only unacceptable and inhumane; it’s creating an unsafe environment; it makes America a dangerous place for our most vulnerable citizens, especially trans women of color,” she said. “Also, these so-called laws to protect our children are unfounded and pathetic. Anyone with half a brain knows not to f–k with a drag queen. Bob and I will see you from the stage in Nashville where we will celebrate the beauty that is the queer community.”

Madonna noted that there are over 100 anti-LGBTQ+ bills currently making their way through various state legislatures around the country, with the longtime activist committing to donating a portion of proceeds from her to show to support trans rights organizations.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/madonna-nashville-tour-date-celebration-anti-lgbtq-state-laws-1235292871/

People may have strong opinions about her but I will forever be grateful for the fight she fights for us all and continues to do so late in her career. :pawsup:

Gagaism

Nothing but respect for Madonna, I really wanna go to this show I hope my wallet allows me to :anveeroy:

Bonkers

who can lend me some kids so i can go viral crying

"Maawh keeds saw drag queens at the bad lady concert?"

:messga:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, Borisapillar said:

This is fierce and harkens back to the old days of her career

My thoughts exactly.

Ziggy

Good for her. Honestly, she’s far and away the community’s best ally among celebrities and has been for decades. There’s a reason gays and queers have stood by her. She knows that she’s an ally (not the top of the community), advocates, and works to make space. Whatever faults she may have, and they exist,  she’s a real one

Borisapillar

This will be interesting to watch play out. Like, will Bob be arrested? This whole attack on drag is so unbelievably stupid. What a waste of time and resources.

Meanwhile children keep getting shot at school.

Future Lovers

The way i wanna get tickets to see the show a second time just for this. im interested to see what happens. Bob is her opener and there’s likely to he a lot of drag imagery in the show bc she came up in a lot of gay clubs so we’ll see how far TN is willing to push this bill of theirs. Either they get her in trouble and face massive pushback for coming for someone of her stature or they do nothing and get exposed for hypocrisy and anyone they DO charge has the example of her and bob not getting in trouble to defend themselves. 

Archived