💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Grimes tweets about Gaga as Harley

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

The tweet is in the spoiler below because she posted a photo from set.

It says: "I prob have the most opinion abt Harley Quinn of anyone but taking on Robbie's utterly iconic performance gna be near impossible for anyone besides gaga"

Spoiler

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Knife

I don't care for Margot Robbie's portrayal of Harley Quinn, or any of those Suicide Squad movies so I won't be comparing the performances. Totally different movies with completely different tones. :volantis:

Pennywise

Before El*n I'd be like "okay, now collab", but now it's like....

FrdPMICX0AISeKQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

SonOfAphrodite

She is right I can't imagine anyone else. Gaga will give us such a performance I can feel it but it's a shame we gotta wait :huntyga:

Reality

It's frankly really stupid that people keep trying to compare Margot and Gaga. Yes they're playing the same characters, but they're two completely different versions of each other. I loved Margot's portrayal of the character, but I'm also very excited to see what Gaga brings, especially because this is going to be much darker and grittier if it's anything like the first movie.

🖤👹

bionic
4 minutes ago, Reality said:

It's frankly really stupid that people keep trying to compare Margot and Gaga. Yes they're playing the same characters, but they're two completely different versions of each other. I loved Margot's portrayal of the character, but I'm also very excited to see what Gaga brings, especially because this is going to be much darker and grittier if it's anything like the first movie.

Its really not stupid to compare two people playing the same role. The fact that they're playing different versions of the same character is literally a comparable factor. They can be compared within the context of their own films based on a myriad of qualities. Its definitely stupid to compare them at this stage while filming is underway tho

I didn't really like Margot's Harley even though the films were fun. I didn't like Joker but am holding out reservations for Gaga's Harley because its not going to be a typical (super?)villain film

buy bionic

LunaUniverse

Both Harley's are valid at the end of the day and that's what matters. I really hope we don't have to go through another award season of needlessly pitting women against each other

1# Samoyed Stan

bionic
1 minute ago, LunaUniverse said:

Both Harley's are valid at the end of the day and that's what matters. I really hope we don't have to go through another award season of needlessly pitting women against each other

I think DC stans are generally humble(d). They debate which Batman they prefer pretty politely on the whole. 

If its an award season thing then really its no competition because one will probably be Oscar nominated come 2025 and one never will be

buy bionic

Reality
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

Its really not stupid to compare two people playing the same role. The fact that they're playing different versions of the same character is literally a comparable factor. They can be compared within the context of their own films based on a myriad of qualities. Its definitely stupid to compare them at this stage while filming is underway tho

I didn't really like Margot's Harley even though the films were fun. I didn't like Joker but am holding out reservations for Gaga's Harley because its not going to be a typical (super?)villain film

Maybe my phrasing wasn't totally right, but what I was trying to say is that it's stupid to have expectations for Gaga's Harley Quinn that is comparable to that of Margot's. I've seen some people say that Gaga's version doesn't "feel like" Margot's version, which has largely become the mainstream approach to Harley. But it doesn't make sense to compare those two like that in the first place. Margot's Harley was set in a very different universe than Gaga's does. Aside from the fact that they're both crazy, the two are taking completely different approaches to the character.

At the end of the day, the two are going to probably going to co-exist because it's likely that James Gunn will keep Margot in his new DCU, and that's ok. I'd actually love it if we had 2 Harleys running simultaneously in film. 

🖤👹

bionic
1 minute ago, Reality said:

Maybe my phrasing wasn't totally right, but what I was trying to say is that it's stupid to have expectations for Gaga's Harley Quinn that is comparable to that of Margot's. I've seen some people say that Gaga's version doesn't "feel like" Margot's version, which has largely become the mainstream approach to Harley. But it doesn't make sense to compare those two like that in the first place. Margot's Harley was set in a very different universe than Gaga's does. Aside from the fact that they're both crazy, the two are taking completely different approaches to the character.

At the end of the day, the two are going to probably going to co-exist because it's likely that James Gunn will keep Margot in his new DCU, and that's ok. I'd actually love it if we had 2 Harleys running simultaneously in film. 

I think I understand what you mean and totally agree with you. Gaga + Margot are playing the same character but they're set in very different universes and neither character would work if transplanted into the other.

Anyone setting expectations based on prev versions at this point in time is delulu and looking for drama

buy bionic

57 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Before El*n I'd be like "okay, now collab", but now it's like....

FrdPMICX0AISeKQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

I feel the same it's kind of sad..

Bowman

theres so many people saying that they want margot back, but this movie is so different to the one she was in. it wouldn't work for her as this one is darker, it suits gaga perfectly imo 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

badfaith
1 hour ago, Bowman said:

theres so many people saying that they want margot back, but this movie is so different to the one she was in. it wouldn't work for her as this one is darker, it suits gaga perfectly imo 

If Margot's Harley were to be transported here, it would be a bit OOC cause she's fckin crazy in Suicide Squad lol

Archived