💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga get Flo Rida on The Fame?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

Gagz & Flo Rida collaborated on ‘Starstruck’, which was released in aug 2008.

if I’m following the timeline correctly, Flo Rida had already exploded on the scene with hits like ‘Low’ prior to the fame’s release.

does anyone know roughly when starstruck was composed/recorded? Cause it seems odd that gaga, an unknown newcomer would be able to get an artist like Flo Rida on her debut record, especially considering he wasn’t signed to interscope - whereas Colby makes more sense as both him and Gaga were associated with Akon at the time.

Unless it was recorded before Flo Rida had his breakthrough (Low hit number 1 in December 2007) as a way to give exposure to both artists? 

also I’m aware Flo Rida wasn’t exactly royalty but he was big around the time 

always been enigma to me that these two even collaborated in the first place :derpga:

faysalaaa1

The real question is why did Gaga agree to collab with him? Even at that time when his song was a hit, it was seen as a joke.

Madame Goo Goo

I mean she was signed to a record label so I imagine they did that for her 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Onlygaga

I’ve honestly never put much thought into it but, now I’m curious lol. Her wiki page literally doesn’t say anything except for “The song was written in January of 2008 and was finished in September 2008.” maybe he was friends with Akon? 

holy scheisse
15 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

record label

This I’m sure

Mirrion Rizzons
21 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

The real question is why did Gaga agree to collab with him? Even at that time when his song was a hit, it was seen as a joke.

Exposure is exposure at the end of the day, she probably saw an opportunity and went for it - although it is super weird how little we know regarding the creative process of the song, except he is credited as a writer 

Mirrion Rizzons
17 minutes ago, Onlygaga said:

I’ve honestly never put much thought into it but, now I’m curious lol. Her wiki page literally doesn’t say anything except for “The song was written in January of 2008 and was finished in September 2008.” maybe he was friends with Akon? 

Yeah I’m thinking akon had many connections and probably pitched Gaga’s song to him which he then agreed to join 

Edonis

100% the label. You still see these random collabs here and there on debut albums from pop stars and it's usually the label trying to secure at least a moderate hit by bringing in someone slightly successful.

Grigio Guy

I agreee with everyone above about the label pulling some strings. But that being said, I completely forgot about this hidden gem. I might have to jam debut on my way home tonight :flutter:

Religion is a product to sell.

Kimmo

Is pretty much the way Kesha ended up on Flo Rida’s song "Right Round", he was recording the song and Kesha passed by and he asked her to do the vocals… at the time Flo and Akon had worked with Flo for “Available” so is possible that Akon asked Flo to work with Gaga for the exposure or promo 

he also expressed interest in working with her again…

By the way he’s such an underrated Hottie… :giveup:

68799ED9-AAF7-4D83-8FD0-FF97BEB060A0.jpe

Hottie Detector

Economy
52 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

I mean she was signed to a record label so I imagine they did that for her 

I was thinking this too. Probably they knew and planned to push Gaga marketing wise and arranged for this.

The real question is why starstruck wasn't a single. It had mega hit written all over it tbh

ALGAYDO
27 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Is pretty much the way Kesha ended up on Flo Rida’s song "Right Round", he was recording the song and Kesha passed by and he asked her to do the vocals… at the time Flo and Akon had worked with Flo for “Available” so is possible that Akon asked Flo to work with Gaga for the exposure or promo 

he also expressed interest in working with her again…

By the way he’s such an underrated Hottie… :giveup:

68799ED9-AAF7-4D83-8FD0-FF97BEB060A0.jpe

The rainbow in the background leading to him.. is Florida a hunty? 🤔 

Ziggy
41 minutes ago, Economy said:

I was thinking this too. Probably they knew and planned to push Gaga marketing wise and arranged for this.

The real question is why starstruck wasn't a single. It had mega hit written all over it tbh

That’s actually the most interesting question imo bc usually these collabs are arranged specifically for being singles. I wonder if the success of Just Dance and Poker Face kinda made the label give her more of a say in the single selection (doubt it but wondering what the reason would be otherwise).

Archived