Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TikTok CEO admits Taylor Swift account was boosted

Kimmo

Featured Posts

bionic
9 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Or at least people who didn't send messages by carving them into dinosaur bones and tossing them into each others' caves.

OT: Is this a scandal or something? Money = promo, it's been that way forever. And even if her team didn't directly pay them to boost her account, boosting a successful artist like her benefits them anyway.

Its part of a big Congressional enquiry into TikTok- have you been keeping track?

buy bionic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography
Just now, bionic said:

yes but its not illegal or anything

the congressman and the CEO are talking about two different tools used in the same effect

yeah no i don’t think it was wrong or anything. it’s just payola for a different medium

PartySick
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Its part of a big Congressional enquiry into TikTok- have you been keeping track?

Nope!

I have zero faith in social media companies like TikTok and even less faith in congress so

🖤

thefamebitch

This is honestly laughable… someone pays for a service (advertisement via algorithm) and gets that service in exchange for compensation. It’s giving :flop:

Plastic Flower

This whole thing was embarrassing but specially for the Congress :traumatica: 

Drop it

Papergangstuh

social media companies have marketing departments, this shouldn't be news or reflect poorly on anyone. 

TEANUS
3 hours ago, Reality said:

Right? Some of the questions that they've been asking are mind boggling stupid.

A lot of them are probably formalities keep in mind

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Ziggy
3 hours ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Literally all artists do this,

it’s like when Gaga is given an Apple Deal or Billie was as well

Well not quite the same since Apple is in the music selling business lol

TortureMeOnReplay
13 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Well not quite the same since Apple is in the music selling business lol

So is Tik Tok. 

LateToCult

Everybody cancel Taylor! Nobody go to that heifer’s concert! If you have tickets, sell them for cheap so the whole world can see how little interest there is in her show! Let’s embarrass her! :grr:

If you have tickets and aren’t sure how to resell them then you can transfer them to my account and I’ll do it for you. :teenidle:

FATCAT
3 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

All big names must get deals like that no?

It’s probably not a “deal”, just a boost to give them a reason to keep coming back.

Purr more, hiss less.

AkariGaga

I just feel like he just name dropped Taylor to avoid talking about important issues like pushing PRC agenda , censoring Ughur Genocide on tiktok.Last week, I commented on a tiktok about ethinic groups in PRC asking where are the ughurs and then I got notified about violating community standards. LIKE SERIOUSLY!!! And I mostly follows fitness tiktokers and movies and series and Korea dramas , my algorithm should be within this zone but this week I can only see tiktokks of this guy with crazy edits like I am not interested in you and your PRC agenda.

If you think US congress is bad and don't trust in them, I got to break it to you , PRC is coming for your freedoms and democracy with their dictatorship and censorship.

Trust me .

Ziggy
1 hour ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

So is Tik Tok. 

No it isn’t lmao they aren’t a streaming service or directly selling music. I get the argument of they have a hand in music bc it benefits their app’s traffic but that’s not the same as literally distributing music. TikTok incorporates music for sure and it is vital to the app but that’s not the same as being an actual distributor like Apple with Apple Music, iTunes, etc.

Economy
4 hours ago, bionic said:

yes but its not illegal or anything

the congressman and the CEO are talking about two different tools used in the same effect

And in situations like this I hate it when the interrogator asks "yes or no" like he did at the end

Sometimes a question the way it's asked, there is isn't always a firm yes or no that is accurate. Sometimes it can be somewhere in between or depending on the situation...

Yet they want a yes or no forcing u to either appear to lie to omit something if u say no, or u admit more than what is true if u say yes

Emvee
58 minutes ago, AkariGaga said:

I just feel like he just name dropped Taylor to avoid talking about important issues like pushing PRC agenda , censoring Ughur Genocide on tiktok.Last week, I commented on a tiktok about ethinic groups in PRC asking where are the ughurs and then I got notified about violating community standards. LIKE SERIOUSLY!!! And I mostly follows fitness tiktokers and movies and series and Korea dramas , my algorithm should be within this zone but this week I can only see tiktokks of this guy with crazy edits like I am not interested in you and your PRC agenda.

If you think US congress is bad and don't trust in them, I got to break it to you , PRC is coming for your freedoms and democracy with their dictatorship and censorship.

Trust me .

If the American govt behaved like the CCP, BLM, Me Too, Migrant absuses, and LGBT issues would have been banned a looooooong time ago in the name of national security and cultural cohesion. And that’s exactly what States like Florida are trying to do. 

Archived