Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦

bionic

Featured Posts

TheSlash

Presumably, Sweden and Spain already reached out to Ukraine and offered to host next year's ESC if the Russian invasion is still going by then.

https://eurovoix.com/2022/05/10/🇮🇹-eurovision-2022-mayor-of-stockholm-offers-to-host-eurovision-2023-in-event-of-ukraine-win/

https://eurovoix.com/2022/05/15/spain-offered-to-host-eurovision-2023/

Ew, David!

tomsches

Hope my country doesn’t submit a boring ass song for the 100th year in a row :iamfair:

Juanlittlem
10 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Hope my country doesn’t submit a boring ass song for the 100th year in a row :iamfair:

Halo was a bop! Pia Maria couldn't defend the song that well live but studio version was Top 10 material.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • YAAAS 1

TheSlash
35 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Same with Germany. At times it seems Germany doesn't even want to win or at least have a good placement :saladga:

Edited by TheSlash
Ew, David!

Bellatrix
12 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Same with Germany. At times it seems Germany doesn't even want to win or at least have a good placement :saladga:

Tbh I fail to see the cause of Germanys flop this year. Rockstars was one of my favorites and I think Malik performed it well.

CAPRISONGS

https://eurovisionworld.com/esc/president-zelensky-wants-eurovision-2023-in-mariupol-free-peaceful-and-rebuilt

President Zelenskyy wants Eurovision 2023 in Mariupol

I'm sorry but I don't think there is any possible way that Eurovision will be able to be hosted in Ukraine, let alone Mariupol which is one of the most targeted cities in the war. I think the hosting duties should go down to second place (UK) and if they don't accept go to (Sweden) and further until we have a country that wants to host or put it up for bids like they do with the World Cup and Olympics.

TheSlash
6 minutes ago, CAPRISONGS said:

https://eurovisionworld.com/esc/president-zelensky-wants-eurovision-2023-in-mariupol-free-peaceful-and-rebuilt

President Zelenskyy wants Eurovision 2023 in Mariupol

I'm sorry but I don't think there is any possible way that Eurovision will be able to be hosted in Ukraine, let alone Mariupol which is one of the most targeted cities in the war. I think the hosting duties should go down to second place (UK) and if they don't accept go to (Sweden) and further until we have a country that wants to host or put it up for bids like they do with the World Cup and Olympics.

No, @Admin already clarified (and as I re-read his post, I saw it as well :sweat: ) that he hopes to one day welcome ESC contestants, fans, etc. to a rebuilt Mariupol, as he also states that he believes that this won't be the last time for the Ukraine to win the ESC :pray: .

Ew, David!
  • Like 1

TheSlash
19 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Tbh I fail to see the cause of Germanys flop this year. Rockstars was one of my favorites and I think Malik performed it well.

Well, many Germans were actually delighted to see Germany failing that hard. Not because of Malik or the song, but rather what was going on in our National Finals with that whole Electric Callboy situation, and then having only songs that basically sounded the same to vote for :awkney: .

Ew, David!

CAPRISONGS
1 hour ago, TheSlash said:

No, @Admin already clarified (and as I re-read his post, I saw it as well :sweat: ) that he hopes to one day welcome ESC contestants, fans, etc. to a rebuilt Mariupol, as he also states that he believes that this won't be the last time for the Ukraine to win the ESC :pray: .

if you think that is going to happen in less than a year... then ur delusional

TheSlash
1 minute ago, CAPRISONGS said:

if you think that is going to happen in less than a year... then ur delusional

I'm just quoting Zelenskyj on this. I also highly doubt that this will be managable to do in a year. I read that the EBU are already in preparation for talks about the organization, tho.

Ew, David!

Okinawa
10 hours ago, Levine said:

And who choose the hosting country in case Ukraice can't do it?

The ESC will be hosted in 2023 either in Warsaw, Poland or in Cracow (Kraków), Poland if the war will continue in Ukraine. So it will be in these cases Poland. Warsaw, because it is the capital but alternatively Cracow because it is the second-largest city and the closest/easiest accessible major city to Ukraine, which could be easier visited by Ukrainian people.

Poland has been chosen because it has (by far) the largest Ukrainian diaspora living outside of Ukraine.

~We are Reel Cool~
  • Like 1

TheSlash
29 minutes ago, LoliLux said:

The ESC will be hosted in 2023 either in Warsaw, Poland or in Cracow (Kraków), Poland if the war will continue in Ukraine. So it will be in these cases Poland. Warsaw, because it is the capital but alternatively Cracow because it is the second-largest city and the closest/easiest accessible major city to Ukraine, which could be easier visited by Ukrainian people.

Poland has been chosen because it has (by far) the largest Ukrainian diaspora living outside of Ukraine.

From what I know there's nothing certain yet. But Poland would make the most sense - especially if it'd be held in Kraków, as it's near the Ukrainian border.

Edited by TheSlash
Ew, David!

• 2 weeks later...
  • bionic changed the title to 🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦
  • River pinned this topic
  • River unpinned and pinned this topic
  • River unpinned this topic