Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦

bionic

Featured Posts

bionic

eurovision%20liverpool.jpg?width=1200&enable=upscale

The Eurovision Song Contest 2023 will be hosted in Liverpool, United Kingdom on behalf of Ukraine.

--

Two semi-finals took place on 9 and 11 May 2023 ahead of the grand finale on 13 May 2023. Did your faves make the cut?

_128479641_eurovision_semi_final_2_v2_2x640.png_128479636_eurovision_semi_final_1_2x640.png

This year's songs

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

TheSlash

Ukraine also managed to receive the most points from the Televoting in the history of Eurovision :firega: 

Ew, David!
  • Love 2

RAMROD

Would they have to move the hosting city if Ukraine still isn't conducive to hold an event by 2023, and would these people let Ukraine win again? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheSlash
Just now, RAMROD said:

Would they have to move the hosting city if Ukraine still isn't conducive to hold an event by 2023, and would these people let Ukraine win again? :oprah:

There were a few cases in ESC history where the event couldn't be held in the winning country. I remember the case of Luxembourg, which won in both 1972 and 1973 and due to the massive expenses this event has, the one in 1974 was held in London (fun fact: the one where ABBA won :diane: ).

Ew, David!
  • Thanks 1

TheSlash
2 minutes ago, Levine said:

And who choose the hosting country in case Ukraice can't do it?

I think the winning country can decide where to host it, I'm not sure tho. I could also imagine for the EBU to make that decision :oprah: 

Ew, David!
  • Like 1

Stupid Oreo
1 minute ago, Levine said:

And who choose the hosting country in case Ukraice can't do it?

Most likely the country that came in second shall host it.

Anyways, I am kind of disappointed in the winner of this year. They have a good song, but without the ongoing situation it would have never won knowing the jurys and the public (i have been a fanatic watcher for over 15 years). So the public votes were kind of meddled with in my opinion, and the pity points that went to Ukraine could have gone to other countries and make a difference there. 

• Like 2

TheSlash
Just now, Stupid Oreo said:

Anyways, I am kind of disappointed in the winner of this year. They have a good song, but without the ongoing situation it would have never won knowing the jurys and the public (i have been a fanatic watcher for over 15 years). So the public votes were kind of meddled with in my opinion, and the pity points that went to Ukraine could have gone to other countries and make a difference there. 

Agreed. I mean, Ukraine's song is good and definitely deserved Top 3, but they kinda took points from songs that deserved better imo. I was very disappointed by the few points France got. That was such a good song. And Switzerland didn't deserve the 0 points from Televoting.

Ew, David!
  • Thanks 1

Admin
2 hours ago, TheSlash said:

As of May 2022, it is unclear if the event will take place in Ukraine due to the ongoing Russian invasion. The Ukrainian president Zelenskyj was hopeful to hold the event in a rebuilt Mariupol, though.

Just to clarify: he said that he was hopeful that Mariupol can host “one day” not next year. Next year is totally unrealistic. But unless something totally unexpected happens, they are perfectly capable to host in Lviv and possibly even Kyiv.

• Like 2

Admin
14 minutes ago, Stupid Oreo said:

I don’t watch Eurovision, but isn’t it just countries voting for who they like every year? Ireland votes for the UK, Belarus votes for Russia, Austria votes for Germany, Moldova votes for Romania, Armenia doesn’t vote for Azerbaijan.

And that’s totally normal. Anyone would vote for their relative/friend in a competition. I’m sure actors vote for their friends at the Oscars, and musicians vote for their friends at the Grammys.

And this time it’s not just about who you like/dislike. There’s a literal war that has affected every single participating country and that is so much bigger than a song contest.

What was Ukraine supposed to do? Withdraw so that people wouldn’t vote for them? Wouldn’t that be so wrong and awkward and also disrespectful to the winning song because it would imply that Ukraine let them win?

• Like 6

Ivannn

Ukraine gets to decide where it will be held if they Are not in position to do it. Countries that would Like to host in their name will approach Ukraine. For me it would be logical that country near Ukraine host it in their name ( Molodva, Poland, Romania )

• Like 1

TheSlash
27 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just to clarify: he said that he was hopeful that Mariupol can host “one day” not next year. Next year is totally unrealistic. But unless something totally unexpected happens, they are perfectly capable to host in Lviv and possibly even Kyiv.

I just re-read his IG post and seemed to totally misread it ealier :selena: (I was honestly shocked how optimistic he was to rebuild not only the city, but also a suitable stadium in less than a year :awkney: ). I corrected my post :lana: 

Ew, David!

Dutch

I don’t want to sound rude, but @Bellatrix has been making this thread for years and have being doing a great job updating them. It kinda sucks that somebody else did now. Somebody I haven’t seen in the other years threads. I hope he puts the same energy in maintaining the thread… 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

TheSlash
7 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I don’t want to sound rude, but @Bellatrix has been making this thread for years and have being doing a great job updating them. It kinda sucks that somebody else did now. Somebody I haven’t seen in the other years threads. I hope he puts the same energy in maintaining the thread… 

I promise I do my best to do the incomparable and legendary@Bellatrix justice :worship2: :diane: . Also, I might not have commented on the other thread that much, but I have been following on what's going on ESC wise :tony: 

Edited by TheSlash
Ew, David!
  • Love 1

• bionic changed the title to 🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦
  • River pinned this topic
  • River unpinned and pinned this topic
  • River unpinned this topic