šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lana Del Rey - Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

alsemanche

Featured Posts

Love the album, I do hope she goes back to her storytelling kind of music rather than personal poetry style music but I still enjoy itĀ 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we please talk about the genius of putting the phrase ā€œwhen you know, you knowā€ on P,T and Margaret in completely different context. I love herĀ :applause:

bpmMonkey

Im now on my 4th attempt to listen to this album (itā€™s 5:37pm here) and I just canā€™t go further than 2-3 songs in a row.. loved Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and LfL, maybe i grew out of her music idk

happy for yā€™all tho <3

tomsches
56 minutes ago, Elohim said:

Another masterpiece, please give her a damn grammy already.

I feel like sheā€™s going to be one of those artists that influenced generations of musicians after her but wonā€™t be awarded, like Bjƶrk.

LaFama

A&W really made me think we'd get something more upbeat, but that's on me lmao. Overall I really liked it, I agree that it kinda drags around the middle, maybe if the interludes were around 1:30 (the Judah Smith one beingĀ almost 5 minutes long, baby that's a whole ass songĀ :alsemanche:).Ā 

It really switched it up after Paris, Texas (maybe my favoriteĀ after myĀ first listen along with TTXVB), I actually liked having the collabs in the last part, I think the features really added to the experience. Paris, Texas feels different from the distinctive Lana sound but still feels like her.Ā Ā Ā 

Also, when you start to recognize the chords from Venice Bitch? Proving again why it's one of her best songs. And the "that's why they call me Lanita when I get down like bonita", she really said:Ā 

jlo-mi.gif

Ā 

I preordered the white and the dark pink vinyl and I can't wait for them to arrive and giveĀ the album a listen with full attentionĀ :heart:.

And I'll say what others have said before, she's an amazing lyricist andĀ one of the greatest of thisĀ generation, I feel like she's underrated in that apsect but I know history will make her right and will go down as a very influential artist.Ā 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Battle 4 Ur Life

Lana is an interesting artistĀ and her songs are good but honestly this is her least enjoyable album to me on first listen.

I literally stopped midway to take a nap. Iā€™m not joking.

some tracks like A&W and Paris, Texas stand out but the rest dragged on. Iā€™ll give it more listens eventually maybe.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

swakby

After a few listens, the only songs I dislike are Sweet and Peppers.Ā 

Also, this is the album that has her best opening (The Grants) and closing (Taco Truck x VB).Ā 

GunninMan

I have very mixed feelings about this album. On one hand I find some of the songs to be dreadfully boring, and then on the other hand some of the songs sound like her best work. I think itā€™s a definite improvement from BB, but part of me still longs for the Ultraviolence/Honeymoon sounds that made me love her so much.

Having said that, Paris, Texas is an immediate top 5 best Lana song for me. Itā€™s incredible from start to finish.

Songs I enjoyed:

- Paris, Texas

- Candy Necklace

-A&W

- TT X VB

- DYKTATUOB

- The grandpa one

- Fishtail

HookerOnAChurch

I personally think that among all of her albums, this is the most complicated, refined and elegant. You have to be in the right mood, it's pure art and usually you don't go to an art exhibition if you're not in the right mood. This album is a canvas that recalls Picasso's style, sometimes surreal and very melancholy. I repeat, it is a work of art.

Ā 

Ladle Ghoulash

I love Taco Truck, but I really wish the outro was something with a similar feel that wasn't from VB

dollardays
2 minutes ago, deactivated001 said:

I love Taco Truck, but I really wish the outro was something with a similar feel that wasn't from VB

Agreed, kinda jarring to hear VB there

Agunimon
4 hours ago, gypsy Hero said:

Im now on my 4th attempt to listen to this album (itā€™s 5:37pm here) and I just canā€™t go further than 2-3 songs in a row.. loved Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and LfL, maybe i grew out of her music idk

happy for yā€™all tho <3

I stan someone who loves Ultraviolence and Lust For Life. Those are my favorites!!

Archived