new music

Lana Del Rey - Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

alsemanche

Featured Posts

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

But the vocals, the production, and the songwriting are great. Not a fan of the interludes or Peppers, though.

retroglamx

does anyone know which vpn I can use to stream the album in spotify?? it's not out in my timezone yet :(

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

tomsches

First impressions:

The Grants - I LOVE the harmonies in the intro, I wish I could hear them clearer during the chorus. Love the song. Love that she's writing about her family.

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd. - Very solid Lana song. Love the lyrics, especially "**** me to death".

Sweet - Again, I love the lyrics on this one, especially when she's saying "If you want a basic bitch go to the Beverly Center and find her". Upon the first listen, I don't really hear a clear melody. But that just goes to show that she's experimenting more. It's a SWEET little song.

A&W - I love it. The outro is so cool and probably one of the most experimental things she's done. But this is track 4 and clearly stands out. let's see if it makes more sense after listening to the whole album.

Judah Smith Interlude - I mean, the background music is great and it's very theatrical but, like, what is this? What's this interlude's purpose on the album?

Candy Necklace - It's a bit meh. Again, not a bad song at all but it's not moving me. And why is she rhyming "restless" with "restless"? I love the outro though.

Jon Batiste Interlude - Just like the other interlude, the background music is great, but ... yeah I wouldn't sit down and listen to this. I wish it had a melody.

Kintsugi - WOW! 

Fingertips - WTF???? This is her must difficult song to listen to. Both cause of the extremely sad lyrics about death and because it's musically really complex. It's AMAZING!

Paris, Texas - Ok this is gonna be my somber summer anthem. Sounds very different for her, great melody and lyrics.

Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing - So I wish that at this point of the album there'd be something more upbeat, but I like how the song is growing!

Let The Light In - This one feels like the most "Lana"-esque songs after the last 5 tracks. It's cute but not really doing much for me right now.

Margaret - Beautiful! My favourite part is "... in a minor key"

Fishtail - I mean this song is perfection! But it's so out of place. Doesn't make any sense with the rest of the album.

Peppers - Gurl... nothing against this song cause I actually like it, but how did we get from The Grants to Kintsugi to this?

Taco Truck x VB - Glorious ending!

So overall this is an absolutely stunning album. her most experimental, most mature. a departure from what she usually does. It's definitely her most challenging album to listen to and her least commercial/poppy. Probably not the best choice to listen to in the background while you're driving or cleaning the house or something. But an album that's supposed to make you think and feel and pay attention. My only criticisms are that the interludes are a bit unnecessary and some songs are not very cohesive.

tomsches
Just now, Cyber Babylon said:

Why does her album after nfr sounds like the same album?

First of all her album after nfr are 3 albums and if you think that they all sound the same you either haven’t listened to them or you’re lacking knowledge about music. You might as well say that TFM, BTW, ARTPOP and Chromatica all sound the same 

Cyber Babylon
53 minutes ago, tomsches said:

First of all her album after nfr are 3 albums and if you think that they all sound the same you either haven’t listened to them or you’re lacking knowledge about music. You might as well say that TFM, BTW, ARTPOP and Chromatica all sound the same 

That‘s MY opinion, NOTING NEW, NOTHING CHANGE.:ohwell: You can compare from LFL to this album that's what different sounds is, But from NFR-COTCC-BB to this new album IT IS souding the same TO ME.

Lona Delery
17 minutes ago, Cyber Babylon said:

That‘s MY opinion, NOTING NEW, NOTHING CHANGE.:ohwell: You can compare from LFL to this album that's what different sounds is, But from NFR-COTCC-BB to this new album IT IS souding the same TO ME.

i would see an ear doctor in that case

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Cyber Babylon
13 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

i would see an ear doctor in that case

You probably should at this point:ohwell:

alsemanche
2 hours ago, Cyber Babylon said:

Why does her album after nfr sounds like the same album?

I haven't heard the album yet but COCC doesn't sound like BB at all, and the three singles we've gotten from Tunnels sound nothing like COCC and BB :poot:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived