Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I want Gaga to stop giving a f*ck

AURAOFSHEISSE

Featured Posts

AURAOFSHEISSE

A Gaga think piece that no one asked for:sis:

As most artist’s careers progress it seems that they naturally tend to start experimenting, evolving and overall making the art they love and not caring what anyone else thinks. Take Lana, Björk and Beyoncé for example they keep evolving and exploring their sound and style and they are more respected and adored than ever before. In Gaga’s case it feel like her music is going backwards she was so fearless and uncompromising as a young artist but since ARTPOP it feels like her music has been so safe and has lacked an element she once had even her style has become less daring. I’m sure ARTPOP’s reception traumatized her in a way we will never understand and is her current “safe” musical style a result of that or just another iteration of “Lady Gaga”Obviously people will mention Dawn of Chromatica but we all know she had virtually no involvement in that she was just giving fans what we wanted( and I am thankful!):tony:

anyway I’m curious to hear your thoughts:ororomunroe:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

Yeah I do really want this from her... and tbh as of now I fear we might never get it but there's still hope

chaeri pls

dubstep111

I know I miss getting excited for Gaga music and performances. Now she boring. Melanie Martinez is atleast killling it right now tho!

ALittleMonsta

I feel like that but it also feels more like she simply matured, whether it's in music, artistry or fashion. The Chromatica Ball had a feeling of her dark times translated into very mature art. Especially with the unique interludes. 

Sandrology

To be completely honest, I don't think she is scared of experimenting... Or not going anywhere.

Personally I think "Joanne" was the bigger shift from her Albums all in the Pop/Dance/EDM genre, while Joanne had heavily country/folk influences that weren't big at that time.

Also she was working with Producer Sophie (R.I.P.) who was a trailblazer for the genre PC Music.

Chromatica ended up with a very "Mainstream Production", maybe due to her Working with Bloodpop and Max Martin, while also having Tchami, and Boiznoise who are more an the alternative side.

At the end, we don't know who makes which decision, but I'm for sure, she is not scared of experimenting and knows exactly what she wants to sound like.

And I don't know about Beyonce, Björk or Lana having over 10 year old songs in the radio right now, but Gaga has, so, I think she's fine.

Aga Gydal

She’s super calculated. I think she’s been building this goodwill with everyday people for many reasons, but a big one is so that she can be an ambassador for queerness in spaces that otherwise wouldn’t check for us. I think another reason is to give herself the capital to go balls to the wall experimental for whenever she’s ready. I 100% see her making weird cookoo music when she’s older, but building the public’s confidence in her talents as a musician will make the impact of those future things even bigger. 

Speaking of calculated, I think some fans didn’t realize how impactful her Oscars performance was. That’s why I tell fans to stop being little managers and enjoy the journey. She knows what she’s doing more than people think. 

AURAOFSHEISSE
7 minutes ago, Sandrology said:

And I don't know about Beyonce, Björk or Lana having over 10 year old songs in the radio right now, but Gaga has, so, I think she's fine.

Exactly. It’s an old song. At this point in Gaga’s career (and Lana’s, Björk’s,and Bey’s) they have already proven themselves on the charts there is no reason to chase after radio success lol, bc they have transcended that level of pop music now they make ART.

7 minutes ago, Sandrology said:

Also she was working with Producer Sophie (R.I.P.) who was a trailblazer for the genre PC Music.

Ahh what Chromatica could have been:madge:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

SevenAteNine

i think its natural for people to settle into a style eventually, i still get excited to see her perform and hear new music.. I do miss the cray cray stuff a bit but im content with everything we have over the years.

Gaga did get a bit back into that style with chromatica so its not like its completely gone

RIP 9.

LG666

You have to remember too that there are other elements at play behind the scenes.

A record label can really impact the direction of an album, for better or for worse. Sadly... with such big names, they will only care about figures and how to reach certain sales.

At least Gaga is involved in her decisions. I think she's calculated and also just more mature now. I sometimes look back at videos from 2009/2010 where she seemed much more fearless but at the same time, you can tell she's figuring herself out. With times comes maturity. 

I actually like having grown up with her and seeing where she's at now. She has taken a lot of risks with Joanne, the first Oscars performance, jazz, and her acting. I like that she cares about what direction to go in and I respect and admire that. I know we get nostalgic about the older times but I'm excited to see what's next.

I will just briefly say.... Enigma was such a missed opportunity to do something very edgy. But alas, Vegas is a hub for high volumes of people and as such, it makes sense from a commercial POV why it was rather mainstream. Anyways.

I certainly understand your sentiment. I would argue she has one true pop album since ARTPOP,  which she made very cohesive (Chromatica). Seemingly a direct response to ARTPOPs criticism.

Obviously she has done a ton of side project and non-pop albums. She’s incredibly diversified as an artist. It’ll be fascinating to see where she goes with this next (pop) album. 

Benji

Outside of Aura, ARTPOP wasn’t experimental though.  It sounded the same as most pop/dance records coming out around the early 10’s.  If anything, it sounded pretty dated on release.

Future Lovers

Everybody wants this until she does it and you hate it so be careful what you ask for

LateToCult

Have y’all not heard Joanne? She really don’t give af and will slap anything onto an album. :ladyhaha:

dollardays

Her heart is in acting and making songs like HMH right now but you aren't ready to have that conversation :traumatica:

Archived