💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I want Gaga to stop giving a f*ck

AURAOFSHEISSE

Featured Posts

Obobo

As much as I want crazyga I think from now on everything has to be safe. She literally was becoming irrelevant and she did a whole rebrand to becoming a household name again. The only downside is that she built a diverse fanbase and the remainder of her career will be a balancing act of her image. She can't go too crazy or the GP can't relate and if she goes too safe her true supporters will forget about her. As much as I want her to go full on crazy she is responsible for the livelihood of her team which consists of family like her sister and some close friends like Bo.

Although...I have this gut feeling that if Joker FAD does really well, Gaga might find that spark of confidence because this is the first work where the GP will see that side of her again and be open to see more of it in the future.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monstermilo

how has beyonce who doesnt write her songs and has 50 collaborators on each project "evolved" gaga has evolved and is more versatile than beyonce ever was

nodandsmile

woman released DoC and "Love for Sale" back to back, two genres she knows won't sell sh*t... I actually do not think she cares, she's just not going the direction you'd want her to!

faysalaaa1

I think Gaga has really changed as an artist, and her drive and passion is gone because shes stuck with what she created. She clearly wants to evolve as an artist but isnt taking that step! Gaga needs to stop caring about her career and legacy, and focus on being an artist no matter what the outcome is.

I have to admit though, if Gaga decides to do what she actually wants, she will lose the GP and her fans.

faysalaaa1
3 hours ago, Obobo said:

As much as I want crazyga I think from now on everything has to be safe. She literally was becoming irrelevant and she did a whole rebrand to becoming a household name again. The only downside is that she built a diverse fanbase and the remainder of her career will be a balancing act of her image. She can't go too crazy or the GP can't relate and if she goes too safe her true supporters will forget about her. As much as I want her to go full on crazy she is responsible for the livelihood of her team which consists of family like her sister and some close friends like Bo.

Although...I have this gut feeling that if Joker FAD does really well, Gaga might find that spark of confidence because this is the first work where the GP will see that side of her again and be open to see more of it in the future.

Why does she care about the GP though? and you seriously think Gaga isnt changing as an artist because it could effect the livelihood of her team?

faysalaaa1
3 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

I respectfully disagree :triggered:

Anyways, ARTPOP isn't as experimental as fans thought it was. Aura was the most experimental song on the album, and even then, it's still very pop. I would argue that BTW is even more experimental, but even then it's still pop. Just because 

Gaga is a POP artist, she always has been. She's never been super experimental with anything. She loves to dives into different genres, blend them and incorporate them to pop music. 

And what is this comparison to Beyoncé and Lana. Renaissance literally rehashed the genre used in Chromatica...

Anyways she still doesn't give a ****. Who would even think that Joanne is an album pandering to mainstream music:ladyhaha: Chromatica is a pop-house album with a heavy concept, released in a trap/disco-pop musical landscape. She still doesn't give a ****.

You think pop cant be experimental? lol pop music is the most experimental genre ever

She kind of lost it/me with how Chromatica was produced. Lyrics were great, melodies as well (so songwriting on her part = excellent) but damn, what was that production? Every song had the same structure, every song had a tired ass drop after the chorus that was SO uninspired, basically someone (bloodpop ehm ehm) just banging the chords of the song using a basic synth. If she wanted to go that way, there is SO much inspiration - how catchy are the drops/instrumentals in Narcotic - Liquido, The Bad Touch etc., all with the 90s sound? The only song that kind of stands out to me is 911. It is aggressive, has deep meaning, is catchy - all that Gaga used to be.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

thisguyN

I agree with the OP. Many here pointed out her rebranding, catering to GP etc. but it is not about wearing crazy outfits, or going controversially ‘Gaga’. It’s more about the music itself. She has the skillset to go above and beyond, but her solo music has gone stagnant a bit. Everything up to and including Born This Way album were boundary-pushing in terms of pop music, and that got her majority of her staple hits. While I really enjoyed Joanne and Chromatica, they were quite safe and not bringing much to the table. Her discography really needs a bit of working. But I believe she will deliver it with her new album, and I like to think she is still very passionate about making music.

thisguyN
3 hours ago, nodandsmile said:

woman released DoC and "Love for Sale" back to back, two genres she knows won't sell sh*t... I actually do not think she cares, she's just not going the direction you'd want her to!

DoC is literally a remix album, and Love for Sale is a cover album. Surely her jazz inclination is very interesting to watch and I admire her courage to go that route. But at the end these two projects aren’t exemplary of her original, solo music that we discuss here.

Starmie25
5 hours ago, Monet said:

I became a fan of hers with AHS too :enigma:

I became a fan after "Perfect illusion" ☠️

MelbHawker

I think she’s doing exactly what she wants to be doing. I think ARTPOP was the catalyst for a complete rebrand to occur - it didn’t perform commercially like her previous works, she tried to move away from what worked for her to make a statement and for many reasons, it didn’t resonate with the masses.

I think going back to her roots for Joanne really grounded her - I think that album came without much commercial expectation from her/her label because it wasn’t pushed as heavily as previous work, not was it ‘popular’ or ‘radio friendly’. Enter Jazz / cover performances and she really nailed rebranding herself as a vocalist / artist - the Super Bowl did wonders for her career and what followed with ASIB was her re-peak.

I’ve loved her acting projects and I liked, not loved Chromatica. Shes reached a point now where she can do exactly as she pleases and she’s no longer crucified for the commercial result/her creativity by the media/people - it’s showing too, because she’s only seen when she wants to be. 

Ziggy Stardust
11 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

It became that way overtime. That album and era was revolutionary In pop culture.

If you are from the US, yes, maybe. For me, as a European it sounded like the Eurodance sound that was huuuuuge in the 90s and something I would listen to a lot as a little kid. When I first heard Gaga on the radio, I immediately thought of Leyla K, a big Eurodance star from the 90s. This was just the first time that somebody from the US made that kind of dance music that we Eurooeans had been fond of since the early 90s and was successful with it. That was the main reason for me to actually become a fan. Because it sounded so familiar and like the songs I loved as a child, songs that were big hits around here and everybody would listen to.

Ladle Ghoulash
18 hours ago, dubstep111 said:

I know I miss getting excited for Gaga music and performances. Now she boring. Melanie Martinez is atleast killling it right now tho!

Melanie Martinez? Girl, I- 

Archived