💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I want Gaga to stop giving a f*ck

AURAOFSHEISSE

Featured Posts

Jnick81

I disagree respectfully. But maybe Harley will unleash the IDGAF attitude some feel isn’t as present anymore for the next album.  

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starmie25
3 hours ago, AURAOFSHEISSE said:

In Gaga’s case it feel like her music is going backwards she was so fearless and uncompromising as a young artist but since ARTPOP it feels like her music has been so safe and has lacked an element she once had even her style has become less daring.

I'd argue "911" and "Replay" are some of her best songs to date and that was from 2020.

And ain't nothing safe bout "Perfect illusion" or even "Shallow" (structure)

Hell go look at the "John wayne", "911" mvs which are probably some of her best too.

bluemonkey

Well she literally doesn’t give a **** anymore so time to just appreciate what we get. This is how the Navy feels. 

Ziggy
3 hours ago, Sandrology said:And I don't know about Beyonce, Björk or Lana having over 10 year old songs in the radio right now, but Gaga has, so, I think she's fine.

Girl irreplaceable is like a staple of urban contemporary radio lmaooo

3 hours ago, Aga Gydal said:

She’s super calculated. I think she’s been building this goodwill with everyday people for many reasons, but a big one is so that she can be an ambassador for queerness in spaces that otherwise wouldn’t check for us. I think another reason is to give herself the capital to go balls to the wall experimental for whenever she’s ready. I 100% see her making weird cookoo music when she’s older, but building the public’s confidence in her talents as a musician will make the impact of those future things even bigger. 

Speaking of calculated, I think some fans didn’t realize how impactful her Oscars performance was. That’s why I tell fans to stop being little managers and enjoy the journey. She knows what she’s doing more than people think. 

I think you’re holding out waaaaaayyyy too much hope for some down the line thing. She doesn’t really embed queer people into the spaces she goes into nor does she particularly advocate anymore. She made this shift bc she enjoys it and it’s stable. She has been unstable for a very long time and likes to perform. She has found a means to have a pretty sustainable if somewhat blander career than she once did but it keeps her stable and happy. It’s really not for some far down the line crazy album to drop or she could have taken chromatica there even an inch and it was far and away her safest pop record so far. A nice record, a fun one, but very very safe.

Ziggy
3 minutes ago, Staryu17 said:

I'd argue "911" and "Replay" are some of her best songs to date and that was from 2020.

They’re good songs but also safe and that’s ok! Gaga has done that sound maaaany times over, though. In fact, that’s why people liked those songs so much lol they were solid pop songs with electro pop just like old school Gaga. 

Starmie25
12 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

They’re good songs but also safe and that’s ok!

I disagree. I don't think they're safe at all (especially lyrically)

AnglerfishbraBENUS
35 minutes ago, Staryu17 said:

Umm ain't nothing safe bout that album. 

it was doomed to fail before it was even released lol a lot of the media criticism was before it even came out  

NATAH
36 minutes ago, Staryu17 said:

Umm ain't nothing safe bout that album. 

it kinda was in comparison to her body of work at the time, EDM was big and she was really going with trends for the first time

the majority of the unsafe part was the concept behind the album and the extra parts that never happened

mother, what must i do?

Starmie25
9 minutes ago, NATAH said:

EDM was big and she was really going with trends for the first time

EDM in general is a huge umbrella of genres

Like I can't think of an artist back then that would drop a sleek, grungy/electro pop song like "Sexxx Dreams" or a video game inspired anthem like "Applause", or even the title track which is sonically ****ing gorgeous.

Was ARTPOP the most SPELL BINDING ALBUM of the decade? No. But y'all still do too much on it. The album had lots of new colour and personality.

Bowman

ARTPOP for me was the most mainstream thing she’s ever done imo

I think Chromatica was on another level in comparison

I felt like Gaga really stepped into her experimental side with the D&B breakdown in SFA. We need more of that! Alice and Replay as well were amazing too 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

LordByron28

I think everyone has made fair points about how she is challenging herself now versus other points of her career. I think perhaps what OP means is a pop song that really challenges the industry and is unlike anything we had heard from before. For those of us that can remember what it felt like listening to songs such as Poker Face, Bad Romance, Judas, Venus, and Aura for the first time when they released. 

monstertoronto

I disagree. Her career does not read as one who is pandering and giving so many ****s to the public. How many pop stars that give a **** release a country-esque album, two jazz albums, and then pure pop again. She’s constantly doing what inspires her. The fact that some fans might think Chromatica is too safe, that’s just their opinion. The album was lauded with tons of great reviews about her personal lyrics and great tunes. And many of the monster LOvE that album. She doesn’t have an issue about giving too many ****s. I think it’s some of her fans that do. 

27monster27
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

it kinda was in comparison to her body of work at the time, EDM was big and she was really going with trends for the first time

the majority of the unsafe part was the concept behind the album and the extra parts that never happened

1 hour ago, Staryu17 said:

EDM in general is a huge umbrella of genres

Like I can't think of an artist back then that would drop a sleek, grungy/electro pop song like "Sexxx Dreams" or a video game inspired anthem like "Applause", or even the title track which is sonically ****ing gorgeous.

Was ARTPOP the most SPELL BINDING ALBUM of the decade? No. But y'all still do too much on it. The album had lots of new colour and personality.

What @Staryu17 said. She did EDM but NOT the common genres. Gypsy was the only song on the album to follow a common EDM genre. Everything else, not at all.

he/him/his

Starmie25
6 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

What @Staryu17 said. She did EDM but NOT the common genres. Gypsy was the only song on the album to follow a common EDM genre. Everything else, not at all.

This! 

The proper narrative that should be discussed more.

Benji
1 minute ago, 27monster27 said:

Eh?  The whole album sounds like Zedd’s 2012 album Clarity and even though I love MJH, it sounds a lot like what Madeon was already producing too… probably cause it recycles an old instrumental.

Archived