opinion

I want Gaga to stop giving a f*ck

AURAOFSHEISSE

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SevenWonder

I love, love, love Chromatica, most of Joanne, and especially the soccer mom ballads on ASIB. (ARUTW is better than anything she's ever done, imo. And it's just a basic ballad executed to utter perfection.)

I don't think Gaga needs to be "out there" to write profoundly moving music. 

So I might be part of the problem and I can totally live with that. 

Benji
5 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Where are the ARTPOP haters?, I'm really waiting for one you to write a thesis about how truly basic ARTPOP is sonically so i can "yas" react it :franminervini:

I don’t have the energy to hate on ARTPOP anymore.  We’ve had great albums since, we have moved on from it and it deserves to be left in the past :traumatica:

old sanuk

Everyone grows up, and time waits for no one. I’d like to see Gaga take a couple of years off, for herself, get married, have a couple of kids and make her own happy family. Then, come back strong with serious movie roles and her own original jazz album, a Broadway show, and Vegas residencies; perhaps another pop/dance album if she’s so inclined, now in midlife. She’s given us so much that perhaps we owe her a break to fulfill herself.

chromaticainmyhead
1 hour ago, Sandrology said:

To be completely honest, I don't think she is scared of experimenting... Or not going anywhere.

Personally I think "Joanne" was the bigger shift from her Albums all in the Pop/Dance/EDM genre, while Joanne had heavily country/folk influences that weren't big at that time.

Also she was working with Producer Sophie (R.I.P.) who was a trailblazer for the genre PC Music.

Chromatica ended up with a very "Mainstream Production", maybe due to her Working with Bloodpop and Max Martin, while also having Tchami, and Boiznoise who are more an the alternative side.

At the end, we don't know who makes which decision, but I'm for sure, she is not scared of experimenting and knows exactly what she wants to sound like.

And I don't know about Beyonce, Björk or Lana having over 10 year old songs in the radio right now, but Gaga has, so, I think she's fine.

this. I would even go further and say she still doesn't give a f*ck. Her choice of diving into acting, something which was near to her before her music career took off, is maybe a new rebellic side of her which doesn't translate into wearing crazy costumes on the streets but it translates into actually portraying characters with complex struggles that she probably equally relates to... it's her new way of artistic expression and the lone fact that she got one of the most coveted role in the world is just equally rebellious as wearing the meat dress to me lmao bc at the end of the day she's still Lady Gaga and not Margot Robbie, don't get me wrong Gaga is perfect for that role but we know that many people don't relate that she got it. I'd say even within the film business there surely are many voices that are against pop stars taking over Hollywood even though that is too short of an argument when we look at Gaga's example. I am looking forward to have her once again all these haters proved wrong

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, Aga Gydal said:

She’s super calculated. I think she’s been building this goodwill with everyday people for many reasons, but a big one is so that she can be an ambassador for queerness in spaces that otherwise wouldn’t check for us. I think another reason is to give herself the capital to go balls to the wall experimental for whenever she’s ready. I 100% see her making weird cookoo music when she’s older, but building the public’s confidence in her talents as a musician will make the impact of those future things even bigger. 

Speaking of calculated, I think some fans didn’t realize how impactful her Oscars performance was. That’s why I tell fans to stop being little managers and enjoy the journey. She knows what she’s doing more than people think. 

This. Her best work has yet to come and no one sees that lol.

When she releases a hot adult contemporary piano driven album next y’all can seethe. 

Edonis

I have mixed feelings. Not saying OP believes this, but I think a lot of this line of thinking stems from the idea that because LG sometimes dresses in an avant-garde way, or has videos that aren’t necessarily always easy to digest, that her music also has to be experiential or “weird” to a degree to match the persona we see. And I kind of see where people are coming from, but also disagree to an extent. 

I guess the point I’m trying to make here is that if you look at her pop influences (and specifically, the songs that she’s referenced by pop singers, the music that inspired a lot of her dance catalog, even the eras that she’s cited as inspiration behind her records), you can tell that the music she puts out now kind of aligns with her tastes.

I think a lot of people see her appreciation of metal and classic rock, her formal jazz training, etc. as being an indicator that she’s trapped in the pop-music world making mainstream sounding stuff, but I’d really challenge fans to dig deeper into what she actually has gone on record to say as an influence and then connect it to the output she shares with the world each album cycle. It’s not too far off and I’d seriously argue that she’s not interested (right now) in releasing an avant-garde, experimental record. But I’m kind of rambling at this point and maybe this is better suited for a different thread lol. 

She doesnt give a f*ck, it's her life and she is in control more than ever. She plays safe for a reason.

holy scheisse

But that would alienate people and she lives for the GP’s applause and the academy awards and good PR for her makeup sales etc :kry:

1 hour ago, old sanuk said:

Everyone grows up, and time waits for no one. I’d like to see Gaga take a couple of years off, for herself, get married, have a couple of kids and make her own happy family. Then, come back strong with serious movie roles and her own original jazz album, a Broadway show, and Vegas residencies; perhaps another pop/dance album if she’s so inclined, now in midlife. She’s given us so much that perhaps we owe her a break to fulfill herself.

Thats a bit much to expect from a person isnt it? I mean yes fulfill her self but for the sake of trying to sell out in everything afterwards? This fanbase is so messy :duck:

monstrosity

Why not reinventing yourself and experimenting not always rehashing the same basic and boring « « « « analysis » » » » of Gaga’s artistry :triggered:

She has loads of petrol in her tank still. I would expect an album sometime between completion and release of Joker, and I look forward to seeing what it is, because it could be anything, absolutely anything.

It's only a week since the Oscars. There was no craziness, no shock and awe, but she still caught everyone out with a surprise attack. 

Starmie25
2 hours ago, Benji said:

ARTPOP was her first “safe” album

Umm ain't nothing safe bout that album. 

Sorry but Gaga wants you to not give a fck. She does what she wants and rn she's in her best form. Mental health always goes first luv.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Archived