💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TWICE’s Chaeyoung apologizes after posting photo wearing a shirt with a swastika

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Meat
5 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

lmfao all the white ignorance and superiority complex in this thread :toofunny: 

I’m Indian and literally everyone here was taught about Nazi Germany in school. The auspicious Swastika and the Nazi one are different symbols. The people in this thread probably just want to defend their fave lmao

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meat
2 hours ago, dnzr said:

Mmost people here only see swastika as a buddhist / religious symbol here rather than a nazism symbol.

This is only true for old people or someone who never went to school.

AkariGaga

I live in an SEA country so swastika is a Buddhist symbol for me,it represents the Dhamma wheel  of Buddha and we can see a lot of swastika in our pagodas and temples.I also thought swastika used by Nazis is different from us. 

And we also learned about WW2 in our high schools and learned about opposing powers in WW2.But we were under Japanese rule in WW2 so we are more afraid of the word “Facists “and rising sun symbol.

Sepsami

I spent a good minute trying to find the damn symbol :air: makes me wonder if there are people out there analysing every single thing in order to cancel people, not saying wearing a shirt like that is okay tho 

NATAH
11 hours ago, weed said:

I don't see how a Sid Vicious shirt would evoke Buddhist vibes

FINALLY SOMEBODY SAID IT LMAO

mother, what must i do?

Chromatography
1 hour ago, Cauliflower said:

Westerners uneducated about things in the East and Easterners uneducated about things in the West. You see why cancelling people doesn’t help anybody? You want to be so righteous you’re starting another war. This is what’s wrong with the internet. 

not a single person in this thread wants her canceled

The debate here depends on how you see the world from an absolute or relative perspective.

Generally I wouldn't judge someone or be offended by someone without context on their understanding of the offensive act. Intent is the most important thing for me and I don't think her intent was to harm others. 

Her choice of fashion really seems ignorant rather than offensive. She's apologized so there's not much else to say.

Natalia Kills
6 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

lmfao all the white ignorance and superiority complex in this thread :toofunny: 

I sense and appreciate you're just expressing your frustration with some responses here, but I wish people wouldn't say statements like this because all is does is gaslight people. 

Roronoa
1 hour ago, Chromatography said:

not a single person in this thread wants her canceled

I take back what I said. I want her cancelled because I enjoy cancel culture. I don’t know what I was thinking defending this behavior.  :traumatica:

monstrosity
14 hours ago, weed said:

I don't see how a Sid Vicious shirt would evoke Buddhist vibes

This tbh

Aurajandro
4 hours ago, Sepsami said:

I spent a good minute trying to find the damn symbol :air: makes me wonder if there are people out there analysing every single thing in order to cancel people, not saying wearing a shirt like that is okay tho 

that pic was posted like a good 3weeks ago and no one noticed and said anything about the symbol until now :awkney:

with that said people really shouldn’t accuse her of being ignorant and stuff since the symbol is that unnoticeable:poot:

most likely it’s just a careless mistake:madge:

ALGAYDO
10 hours ago, Cauliflower said:

We are, it’s just not the main focus because the Japanese were raping women and stabbing our babies. World War, not European+American war. There were atrocities committed on the other side of the world too. 

Yeah but the nazis literally killed over 6 million Jewish people while embracing the swastika symbol, how is that not common knowledge everywhere? Literally the biggest genocide in the history of the human race. 

Roronoa
2 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Yeah but the nazis literally killed over 6 million Jewish people while embracing the swastika symbol, how is that not common knowledge everywhere? Literally the biggest genocide in the history of the human race. 

Nazis killing Jews is less important to Malaysians whose families were killed by the Japanese. Nazis killing Jews is less important to Koreans whose families were killed by the Japanese. It’s their history so it takes priority over what happened on the other side of the world. Put yourselves in their shoes think about how they feel. 

You ever heard of the Cambodian genocide from 1975-1979? 1.5-2 million people were brutally slaughtered. The people are still haunted by it everyday and yet the world rarely acknowledges it because it’s “not our problem”. It’s a, as Trump put it, “shithole country”. And just like that, a couple million lives slaughtered goes forgotten. Why are their lives less important than the Jews? Because it’s not as big? Because it’s not European?

What I’m saying is every country has its own violent and bloody history. The world doesn’t revolve around America and Europe. Every country studies their own history in school because they want to preserve their heritage and culture. 

If you want them to remember Nazi Germany so bad, then you have to study all their violent history too. 

No one is defending the swastika shirt, what we’re saying that some people literally don’t know better and you need to allow them to learn and grow. 

Do you understand what I’m saying? The girl apologized and she (and many others) will learn from this. Move on. 

The Z
On 3/21/2023 at 6:22 PM, AURAOFSHEISSE said:

swastika is and exactly what it entails

I’ve actually never heard about swastikas before, I’ll Google it now cause I feel stupid:cryga:

Edit: oh it’s the cross:shocked: I just didn’t know the name of the symbol, but yeah, that looks bad

Meat
On 3/23/2023 at 2:32 AM, Cauliflower said:

Nazis killing Jews is less important to Malaysians whose families were killed by the Japanese. Nazis killing Jews is less important to Koreans whose families were killed by the Japanese. It’s their history so it takes priority over what happened on the other side of the world. Put yourselves in their shoes think about how they feel. 

You ever heard of the Cambodian genocide from 1975-1979? 1.5-2 million people were brutally slaughtered. The people are still haunted by it everyday and yet the world rarely acknowledges it because it’s “not our problem”. It’s a, as Trump put it, “shithole country”. And just like that, a couple million lives slaughtered goes forgotten. Why are their lives less important than the Jews? Because it’s not as big? Because it’s not European?

What I’m saying is every country has its own violent and bloody history. The world doesn’t revolve around America and Europe. Every country studies their own history in school because they want to preserve their heritage and culture. 

If you want them to remember Nazi Germany so bad, then you have to study all their violent history too. 

No one is defending the swastika shirt, what we’re saying that some people literally don’t know better and you need to allow them to learn and grow. 

Do you understand what I’m saying? The girl apologized and she (and many others) will learn from this. Move on. 

The Japanese were literally allies with Nazis. This is taught in every school in Asia. The paragraph you wrote made absolutely no sense. Sure, she should be given a chance to learn and grow but don’t post senseless stuff like this please.

Archived