Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TWICE’s Chaeyoung apologizes after posting photo wearing a shirt with a swastika

Teletubby

Featured Posts

TheSine
4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

We need a critical thinking and theory course for GGD because some of you bitches are so..... :bear:

Literally. :saladga:

🖤TheSine🖤

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography
6 hours ago, Debithius said:

So I guess Asians with their ancient traditions should conform to our western POV instead educating ourselves? Okey.

the holocaust is one of the biggest atrocities ever committed in human history. i just can’t believe we are defending this at all :franminervini:

moonsago

The problem with the world today is that we never give people the benefit of the doubt. We have such a negative mindset, we always assume that when somebody does something bad they absolutely meant it. We never take in account other possibilities other than that they are evil and horrible and so we have a superiority complex that allows us to trash them immediately. Some of the people in these comments are so out of touch with actual reality, and so stuck in their righteous mindset that they can’t leave room for people to explain themselves ( or believe them when they do ) or allow them to grow. If you always portray somebody as evil when they do something bad, that is a reflection of YOU, your mindset, who YOU are, if negativity is all that you see always, that is who YOU are, not necessarily that other person. And some of you are really really ugly people. We also talk about ‘educating’ while being ignorant as hell, we think the world revolves only around OUR social, political, economical problems and everybody on the globe should we aware of them by birth because OBVIOUSLY we are also aware of everybody else’s problems... NOT. Because only OUR histories matter and how dare somebody from a completely different background not know about it. Cause again, we know about theirs too... NOT. Make sure that while you fight against ignorance, you don’t become ignorant yourself, or even worse, a bully. 

Chromatography
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

This is quite dumb tbh. Someone who dressed her probably thinking that was the Buddhist swastika, not Nazis. Which is quite common there to begin with.

manji2.jpg

Like say, in Japan, which called Manji, it is even shown on road signs, to signify a temple is nearby.

manji9.jpg

So honestly can't blame them for not knowing or unfamiliar with the Nazis one, that is indeed the one shown on that shirt.

Y'all Westerns need to stop pushing y'all standards and guilt to others, especially the groups who are far removed from the WW2, which most Asian countries did.

it’s sid vicious on a sex pistols shirt. i think context clues would say that it’s not buddhist sh!t. lmao 

monstertoronto

The nameless “racist stylist” is the new, darker “gay intern”. 

moonsago
8 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

it’s sid vicious on a sex pistols shirt. i think context clues would say that it’s not buddhist sh!t. lmao 

Lmao as if rockstars don’t use other religious symbols for their artwork. Does a cross on a rock band’s t-shirt merch not mean a christian symbol anymore? Have some perspective please before you try to frame this girl as some crazy nazi. She clearly did not know the context in which the symbol was being used in the west, is it that crazy to you that maybe she’s not an evil person? She apologized for her ignorance, what do you want more?

Chromatography
6 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Lmao as if rockstars don’t use other religious symbols for their artwork. Does a cross on a rock band’s t-shirt merch not mean a christian symbol anymore? Have some perspective please before you try to frame this girl as some crazy nazi. She clearly did not know the context in which the symbol was being used in the merch, is it that crazy to you that maybe she’s not an evil person? She apologized, what do you want more?

i don’t think she is evil. where did i say that? my guy you will not change my mind about this. she did not wear it for any religious reason and i find it just incredibly hard to believe she didn’t or her stylist didn’t know what a swastika was. i’m all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but i think it’s incredibly unlikely multiple people in this chain didn’t understand it’s a symbol of hatred and ethnic cleansing that killed literally millions. :max:

moonsago
8 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t think she is evil. where did i say that? my guy you will not change my mind about this. she did not wear it for any religious reason and i find it just incredibly hard to believe she didn’t or her stylist didn’t know what a swastika was. i’m all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but i think it’s incredibly unlikely multiple people in this chain didn’t understand it’s a symbol of hatred and ethic cleaning that killed literally millions. :max:

I didn’t say she wore it for religious reasons. The fact that you can’t comprehend the idea that if somebody in that chain on people knew, they wouldn’t allow her to post it on social media to risk her career is what’s actually crazy here. What exactly would she or they have to gain? And I know that for all the educated people like yourself, it’s hard to believe that some people just don’t know stuff, but it’s actually true. I live in a European country and I know people that don’t know sh*t about history and they attended school. They wouldn’t know what the symbol is either. Have you seriously never seen a video of people on the streets getting asked basic questions that you would think everybody knows and they don’t? Also, please, don’t be ignorant yourself, not everybody on this entire globe will understand all the social, political, economical, historical, etc problems the west have the same way we don’t with theirs. Things that to them would be also ‘hard to believe’ that we don’t know because to them it’s so engrained in their culture. Please, as I said, have some perspective and don’t be so negative, if you always assume the worst of people, that is a reflection of who YOU are. And this is not defending the holocaust as you made it seem in your previous comment, this is about understanding that multiple possibilities can exist at the same time. 

Benji
8 hours ago, Teletubby said:

she was recently wearing a QAnon shirt. Does her stylist hate her or what?:franminervini:

Whoever is styling her is sabotaging her for real :laughga:

I don’t think she’d intentionally be picking out these symbols to wear if she knew what they meant.  It does need calling out regardless - you aren’t going to make it in the west wearing Nazi symbols or things associated with far right theories… well, you might attract a certain crowd but I wouldn’t recommend them lmao

Chromatography
Just now, moonsago said:

The fact that you can’t comprehend the idea that if somebody in that chain on people knew, they wouldn’t allow her to post it on social media to risk her career is what’s actually crazy here. What exactly would she or they have to gain? And I know that for all the educated people like yourself, it’s hard to believe that some people just don’t know stuff, but it’s actually true. I live in a European country and I know people that don’t know sh*t about history and they attended school. They wouldn’t know what the symbol is either. Have you seriously never seen a video of people on the streets getting asked basic questions that you would think everybody knows and they don’t? Also, please, don’t be ignorant yourself, not everybody on this entire globe will understand all the social, political, economical, historical, etc problems the west have the same way we don’t with theirs. Things that to them would be also ‘hard to believe’ that we don’t know because to them it’s so engrained in their culture. Please, as I said, have some perspective and don’t be so negative, if you always assume the worst of people, that is a reflection of who YOU are. And this is not defending the holocaust as you made it seem in your previous comment, this is about understanding that multiple possibilities can exist at the same time. 

there’s no point in arguing because i absolutely will not change my mind. and that’s frankly embarrassing if your classmates can’t recognize the most well known symbol of hatred of all time. ignorance might be an EXPLANATION, but it’s never an excuse.

moonsago
Just now, Chromatography said:

there’s no point in arguing because i absolutely will not change my mind. and that’s frankly embarrassing if your classmates can’t recognize the most well known symbol of hatred of all time. ignorance might be an EXPLANATION, but it’s never an excuse.

This is not about arguing. It’s obvious that reasonable explanations don’t work with you because of pride. You are stuck in your own kind of thinking because of the superiority complex the self righteous side of the internet fuels into people. You said you’re all about giving people the benefit of the doubt but you actually aren’t. She, who did it out of ignorence VS you who can’t accept that because you just want her to be problematic so bad. Sorry, but she’s not the evil one here... 

Chromatography
2 minutes ago, moonsago said:

This is not about arguing. It’s obvious that reasonable explanations don’t work with you because of pride. You are stuck in your own kind of thinking because of the superiority complex the self righteous side of the internet fuels into people. You said you’re all about giving people the benefit of the doubt but you actually aren’t. She, who did it out of ignorence VS you who can’t accept that because you just want her to be problematic so bad. Sorry, but she’s not the evil one here... 

once again, please learn how to read. i didn’t say she was evil, let me reiterate one last time so you get it. 

moonsago
1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

once again, please learn how to read. i didn’t say she was evil, let me reiterate one last time so you get it. 

You don’t have to say it. By not wanting to accept that it was a genuine mistake when it was, it indirectly tells us that you still want to find her or the stylist or whoever evil/problematic. So don’t tell me about reading when I’m reading you through the lines. Have a good day, I hope you heal of that chip on your shoulder some day. 

RAMROD
38 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

And you think everyone know that? You are a westerner, and probably older than her, you might know Sid Vicious, but he is irrelevant to younger people now, unless you are into that genre he was doing, especially in Asia, hence, your pov is not the same with some in Asia did. They could seen it as some rando white guy in swastika. Just like I said, stop pushing Western standards and guilt to others.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Benji
5 minutes ago, moonsago said:

You don’t have to say it. By not wanting to accept that it was a genuine mistake when it was, it indirectly tells us that you still want to find her or the stylist or whoever evil/problematic. So don’t tell me about reading when I’m reading you through the lines. Have a good day, I hope you heal of that chip on your shoulder some day. 

It’s very hard to believe someone isn’t dressing her in these things though?  I could understand this recent one, I get how the symbol used to mean something else but no one is picking out a Q-Anon shirt randomly and thinking it’s fashionable.  It’s two very weird choices that makes me think they’re looking for some attention.  Her team, stylist or whoever is picking out these weird and offensive choices :laughga:

Archived