💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

TWICE’s Chaeyoung apologizes after posting photo wearing a shirt with a swastika

Teletubby

Featured Posts

27monster27

She absolutely is wrong for this, but I need to say something about her not knowing. I've read recently that in the East (specifically Asia) that the swastika is not as well known or stigmatized as heavily as it is in the West because they didn't have to deal with Nazi atrocities like Europe. Again, to be clear, she's wrong for this. However, I can understand her not knowing with her background.

he/him/his

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debithius
3 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

She absolutely is wrong for this, but I need to say something about her not knowing. I've read recently that in the East (specifically Asia) that the swastika is not as well known or stigmatized as heavily as it is in the West because they didn't have to deal with Nazi atrocities like Europe. Again, to be clear, she's wrong for this. However, I can understand her not knowing with her background.

Well do you know why it isn't stigmatized? I think you should check where the Swastika came from and how it was stolen.

Battle 4 Ur Life
35 minutes ago, 420 said:

Please educate yourself the meaning of swastika here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Also, fun little fact, the world doesn't revolve around you or your stupidity.

I know what’s a swastika like I know it has plenty of meanings so, based on that, you should be smarter and realize that not everyone is going to like or understand your specific point of view. in case it’s ambiguous, you should be ready to deal with whatever it is they throw at you, good or bad. if you HAVE to wear a swastika just please have some damn common sense and place it into context. that’s what ARTISTS do.

she’s famous and rich af she can’t afford to be dumb. maybe her fans (you) don’t care about that but NEWSFLASH: “FUN LITTLE FACT, the world doesn’t revolve around you or your stupidity.”

and honestly I am proud that I have nothing in common with swastika or qanon. if that’s part of YOUR world I guess I should feel sorry for you.

spoiler: I don’t.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

skaxboy

Well, Sid Vicious and other punks of the 80’s wore it for shock value. I’m going to go out on a limb and say she doesn’t listen to the Sex Pistols. I am not defending her, but she was probably just not aware of it. 

My friend love K-Pop and I went to a K rapper show recently. Catchy beats, catchy flow, overall entertaining. I couldn’t help but laugh at the hood-inspired persona or the mumbling that is popular with rap today. It felt so inauthentic and fabricated to me but hey, it sells. 

Debithius
2 minutes ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

I know what’s a swastika like I know it has plenty of meanings so, based on that, you should be smarter and realize that not everyone is going to like or understand your specific point of view. in case it’s ambiguous, you should be ready to deal with whatever it is they throw at you, good or bad. if you HAVE to wear a swastika just please have some damn common sense and place it into context. that’s what ARTISTS do.

she’s famous and rich af she can’t afford to be dumb. maybe her fans (you) don’t care about that but NEWSFLASH: “FUN LITTLE FACT, the world doesn’t revolve around you or your stupidity.”

and honestly I am proud that I have nothing in common with swastika or qanon. if that’s part of YOUR world I guess I should feel sorry for you.

spoiler: I don’t.

So I guess Asians with their ancient traditions should conform to our western POV instead educating ourselves? Okey.

27monster27
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Well do you know why it isn't stigmatized? I think you should check where the Swastika came from and how it was stolen.

No I am aware that was stolen. It's just that there isn't as much stigma because Asia didn't have to deal with Nazi rule. When a swastika is seen regularly as a religious symbol there it doesn't get a second glance like it would in the West. (I'm not saying that there aren't people that would view it weirdly, but still it is much less than in the West.)

he/him/his

Battle 4 Ur Life

if a swastika if a eastern virtue symbol, all fine and dandy. enjoy it with your peers.

If you’re selling a s* ton of albums on the west and you’re clueless about anything related to the swastika in the last half of the century, you need to go back to school or just don’t wear that s*.

gross period

RAMROD

This is quite dumb tbh. Someone who dressed her probably thinking that was the Buddhist swastika, not Nazis. Which is quite common there to begin with.

manji2.jpg

Like say, in Japan, which called Manji, it is even shown on road signs, to signify a temple is nearby.

manji9.jpg

So honestly can't blame them for not knowing or unfamiliar with the Nazis one, that is indeed the one shown on that shirt.

Y'all Westerns need to stop pushing y'all standards and guilt to others, especially the groups who are far removed from the WW2, which most Asian countries did.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Mocchi
1 hour ago, dnzr said:

You guys are reaching, Asians are very unaware of world politics other than local politics, during world war 2, Asians were more concerned about the Rising Sun symbol (Japan) than Germany. She genuinely did not know and was set up by her stylist. 

In the Kpop industry standards, she is one of the most vocal and open about human rights. She openly encouraged korean fans (insanely homophobic society) to watch Carol, a lesbian movie and told them to be more open minded.

I somehow agree that they might not be the most aware of certain things because I have seen similar cases with other asians. 

But in this case do people here know what an swastika is? Not gonna excuse her because it seems the tshirt seems quite in context, but in some eastern religions the symbol is an spiritual one. So I think we have a double ignorance background (hers for not realizing what it means in the West, and some westerns for thinking that the symbol is only associated to nazis)

Battle 4 Ur Life
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

So I guess Asians with their ancient traditions should conform to our western POV instead educating ourselves? Okey.

lol condescending is an understatement here.

they can also educate themselves about what it means in the contemporary world or just fly that stuff where it doesn’t need context.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

if a swastika if a eastern virtue symbol, all fine and dandy. enjoy it with your peers.

If you’re selling a s* ton of albums on the west and you’re clueless about anything related to the swastika in the last half of the century, you need to go back to school or just don’t wear that s*.

gross period

Except the school in Asia don't teach that stuffs so much, they have their own history, all that long war and tragedies in thwir own soil, that they need to learn. Stop being and feeling this superiority syndrome smh 

Mocchi
1 minute ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

they can also educate themselves about what it means in the contemporary world or just fly that stuff where it doesn’t need context.

That would be awesome but do we westerns educate ourselves about eastern things? Please...

Debithius
5 minutes ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

Oh really, something that is stolen from them by the west is somehow their responsibility too? Please, don't make me laugh. We westerners talk about people around the world having to educate themselves but refuse to do so ourselves, just shut up already.

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Battle 4 Ur Life said:

It you rn actually 

Battle 4 Ur Life
Just now, Debithius said:

Oh really, something that is stolen from them by the west is somehow their responsibility too? Please, don't make me laugh.

that’s not what I’m discussing. I’m discussing the image, the fashion industry has been going too far lately.

I’m not even blaming this 100% on her, she’s most likely wearing someone picked out for her (benefit of the doubt). I’m criticizing that being as big as they are they shouldn’t be exposing this kind of issue to a young audience.

if the west “stole” it and tarnished it, be aware who you’re showing it to and what may or may not be perceived. THAT is my point.

NOT SAYING SHE IS BUT Nazis, QAnon, Racists and Fascists deserve all hell they get and I will die on this hill. proudly.

Archived