Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ed Sheeran wrote another album with Aaron Dessner

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Ed yanked three tracks from 'Subtract' that felt too joyous, and realized they were the start of something else.

“It was very quickly seen that we were making two different things,” says Sheeran. He went on to write an entirely separate second album with Dessner. He’s already mixing that one, though he’s not sure when it will come out; he wants to give – a chance to breathe. “I have no goals for the record,” he says. “I just want to put it out.”

Sheeran has five more albums in mind using another category of symbols, one he’s not ready to share, at least on the record.

He starts out by playing an airy ballad, “Magical,” from his second album with Dessner. “This is how it feels to be in love,” he sings. “This is magical.” Another Dessner song, a likely single, has a bright “Solsbury Hill” feel: “Saturday night is giving me a reason to rely on a strobe light,” he sings, amid more meditations on grief. A third Dessner production is a surging Bruce Springsteen-inspired track called “England.” 

There is, as it turns out, yet another completed album waiting in the wings, a collaboration with reggaeton superstar J Balvin. The album is all ready to go, complete with already-shot videos, but again, with no release date in sight. He plays a track that bridges Afropop and reggaeton, with Burna Boy joining him and Balvin. Another Balvin production is a collaboration with Daddy Yankee, with Sheeran singing a hook between rapped verses; yet another is a slower reggaeton song where Sheeran actually raps in Spanish. “I wrote it in English,” he says, “and they translated it in the studio.”

There are collaborations with Pharrell Williams and Shakira as well — turns out Sheeran has been writing for her next album, too, because why not?

source

R1374_COV_Ed-Sheeran.jpg?w=844230117_Black_Tee_0005-1.jpg230117_Gray_Hoodie_0017.jpg?w=683

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

LostBoyfriend

So I understood right? He has one album coming out and two already made? 

Wow, it must feel like doing homework ahead of the teacher asking for it and giving yourself the rest of the week.

And also, he says he has shot at least one video already for an album he isn't sure when is coming out. How do you convince an studio to give you money for a project with no release date in sigh? I'm curious about that.

And also the money for the studio rental, like is the studio in the known he's using money for future projects or do they think they're using money focusing on the project next to come out. Very curious.

StarstruckIllusion

I mean, if it’s anything like the Collabs 6 album… then yes!

HiddenWeirdo

Can't wait for the grammatic tour then. 

Ed exploring the basics of elementary school is just..:traumatica:

InTheCloset
29 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

230117_Black_Tee_0005-1.jpg

Is that a bicep?:oprah:

Ima need to start stanning i guess:vegas:

The abyss stares back

InTheCloset
30 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

230117_Gray_Hoodie_0017.jpg?w=683

I love when guys wear or take hoodies off n you get a glimpse:pole:

The abyss stares back

River

f0491b2bc45407b24eb1ee4a4e34ae64.gif

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Teletubby
16 minutes ago, LostBoyfriend said:

And also, he says he has shot at least one video already for an album he isn't sure when is coming out. How do you convince an studio to give you money for a project with no release date in sigh? I'm curious about that.

And also the money for the studio rental, like is the studio in the known he's using money for future projects or do they think they're using money focusing on the project next to come out. Very curious.

he shot 5 music videos in 3 days last year maybe he got 5 music videos for the price of 4.:anveeroy:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

ModernEcstasy

So am I right in thinking that “Subtract” will be a low energy/ ballad kind of album? 
I really enjoyed “Equals”, so am looking forward to hear what he has cooked up  

I guess that his next albums will be titled “Question” and “Exclamation” :ladyhaha:

Joshie S

His final album will be "period" confirmed. :glamourpuss:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Anderson123

Not Ed Sheeran out of all people having his own Folklore/Evermore sister albums era. 

StrawberryBlond

It amazes me how often and quickly he writes. I don't know why he doesn't worry about over-saturation. He's still big in the UK but he reached peak over-exposure in the US after Divide. His last #1 there was Perfect in 2017. And he's only had 3 top ten singles ever since. Meanwhile, he's had 6 #1's as a soloist plus and extra 3 as a feature in the UK. Clearly, he still has a lot of fans who want to see him live but his power as a #1 hitmaker has been waning from an international perspective. I don't know why he wants to sit on future material for so long as many artists would worry about it becoming dated or for another artist to release something similar first. He never seems to fear burnout. And I thought he said that now he has 2 children that he wanted to take more time out? I just wish he had a more organic take on songwriting instead for having a 5 year plan with multiple projects on the go.

13 hours ago, LostBoyfriend said:

He definitely has his own home studio. He lives in a huge house and has bought other houses surrounding it in order to make a little village that's been dubbed Sheeranville. It's so he can have everything he needs without having to do any travel.

Archived