Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Melanie Martinez is performing at Lollapalooza Argentina tonight

LovingIsACherryPie

Featured Posts

hoeslay

Bitch the prosthetics? The commitment to going THERE with this new era? I’m gagged and living. 👏🏻

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bully Pop

So, a part of me is confused what’s playback and what could potentially be live pitch correction. If I have anything positive to say about that specifically, is that if it’s live pitch correction, I think it matched with the vibe immaculately, wasn’t too warbly, I think she pulls it off great; if it’s playback and she’s lip synching, I can at least appreciate that it’s not just the lead studio vocals and sounds more akin to live vocals with pitch correction on it. That’s just me, I appreciate the technical sides of live performance like that and don’t think it’s always a bad thing, but I do think it can be a little disingenuous considering how insane ticket prices are lately (lookin at you, Taytay). 
I hope she follows a similar pattern that she did with the K-12 Tour where she alternated; there’s not a lot of proof, but I’m certain she lipsynched Wheels on the Bus (gotta start with a bang), but Nurse’s Office was definitely live. I think, practically, this is a great way to keep a vocalist’s voice safe during intensive tours like that. And from the fry in her voice here lately, I don’t think that would be terrible for her. 

Anyway, that off my chest, I do think the live performance was captivating and if it’s a brief taste of what we have to come, I think we have a lot to look forward to. 

Archived