Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would You Be Here for ‘Do What U Want (Gaga’s Version)’?

SlayMeToVenus

Featured Posts

SlayMeToVenus

Let’s say she does what Taylor is doing & does an ARTPOP 10th Anniversary Box Set, with Act l & Act ll, would you want Do What U Want included, but a Gaga’s Version? I’m hoping it’s included in some way. :enigma:

I don't have a Diamond Heart.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

ARTPOP is not ARTPOP without DWUW.

But permanently removing and not replacing with the solo version is so ARTPOP.

Defmix100

was it ever specified which lyrics R Kelly is still credited for in the solo version?

I always assumed she recorded the solo version we have before he was ever brought in but that wouldn't make sense for his credits then

Ziggy

Honestly just let it go lol at the end of the day it’s a great song but if I were her and I’d written so many songs in my career I’d be like “and I will write another” and keep it moving

LateToCult

No. It has to stay buried. Releasing a solo version would only bring attention to the R Kelly mess again. This time around the gp might find the music video leaks and performance. Cancelation of the year me thinks. :poot:

marrytheminogue

DWUW is a highlight of ARTPOP and definitely deserves to be celebrated for its anniversary - it’s really a shame the song and its meaning was tarnished by R Kelly.

A solo version would be most welcome but we at least have the Christina Aguilera version (which should have replaced the R Kelly version on the album back in 2019 instead of being completely removed imo).

Starmie25

I have a gut feeling she'll do a one-off performance of "DWYW" someday and that'd probably be its final one (closure)

tylerjs

Nah I truly never cared much for the song in general anyway. I always thought it felt very out of place on ARTPOP in that it was self-aware, but in the wrong context. To be perfectly honest with you it almost feels like it belongs on The Fame, but let me not get the girls too riled up :traumatica:

edit: I am not saying it’s a “bad” record or that me disliking it is the reason it belongs on The Fame :sis:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Bowman

We still have the Xtina version, that’s enough for me 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Agunimon

I am glad I have a purchased copy of ARTPOP (despite how I feel about it) so I can continue to listen to DWUW as it was released because it is a spectacular song.

Railing
4 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

was it ever specified which lyrics R Kelly is still credited for in the solo version?

I always assumed she recorded the solo version we have before he was ever brought in but that wouldn't make sense for his credits then

The solo version was the intended version and the only version that existed until around the time of Applause's release, when R Kelly was suddenly brought in

He has that credit because the duet is the original version that was registered & released, and that credit also exists on the Xtina version

Archived