Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's special sheet music

Gaby15

Featured Posts

Gaby15

Gaga is often seen using special handwritten notes to play the piano instead of regular sheet music, most recently during the Oscar rehearsal. At other times, especially when she is singing covers, you can see regular sheet music in her hands.

Can anyone tell me how common this type of notes is in general or why she is using them?

The Fame

I obviously can't answer for Gaga but I wonder if with the covers she just takes them from a song book (since she didn't write them) and for her original songs she just uses her handwritten notes I assume she writes as she composes a melody. 

Gaby15
5 minutes ago, dollardays said:

Hmm why it may not be your cup of tea but do you have to call it **** music? :bradley:

?

Lukas96

from what I've seen, she just has the chords written in American notation and without the rythmical figures instead of having them written in a pentagram... It's not unusual, that's how I wrote them when I studied guitar, it's easier for a quick read specially if it's simpler music ( let's face it she's not playing classical piano when she's palying in her shows) and I guess, since she sometimes improvises, it helps her remember the tonality she's playing in.

pussycat

Song like hold my hand or like you and i have simple repeated chords its just in case she forgets tbh 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, Gaby15 said:

Gaga is often seen using special handwritten notes to play the piano instead of regular sheet music, most recently during the Oscar rehearsal. At other times, especially when she is singing covers, you can see regular sheet music in her hands.

Can anyone tell me how common this type of notes is in general or why she is using them?

it’s called a chart. it has the basic chord structure/ changes and professionals usually include rhythmic notations so that you can just hand it to any band and they can wing it. 

Archived