achievement

Shallow's now the biggest song EVER on Itunes Europe

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Really?

I thought it was still super popular!

What do people use now? Just streaming?

Yeah I think you only need to sell a few thousand copies to be #1 on iTunes now :ladyhaha:

Guillaume Hamon
16 hours ago, SlayMeToVenus said:

Pretty much. Apple Music & Spotify mostly. 

Oh okay!

And here I am still using YouTube. 😆

Guillaume Hamon
16 hours ago, Karl said:

Yeah I think you only need to sell a few thousand copies to be #1 on iTunes now :ladyhaha:

Oh my haha...

Well it still got the all time record so we can still celebrate lmao!

moonsago

If there’s one era I wish she truly milked the heck out of, it was this one. ARUTW would of reached nr. 1 with some real push on BB, and INLA could of been AT LEAST a top 10 hit if not bigger. But whatevs... 

TEANUS
On 3/18/2023 at 12:59 PM, Fuffy said:

it came out nearly 10 years after iTunes started to decline. 

Not really :huntyga:

iTunes didn’t really tank until 2015/2016 when Apple introduced AM and artists like Drake, Rihanna, etc. got huge on Spotify. Even in 2016 PI still pulled 100k digital sales in its debut which is almost unheard of since

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

tylerjs

Very happy for them! I will say I personally don’t understand the hype for Shallow, I truly find it to be one of her weakest songs to date. But then again, the GP always shows us they want the most digestible, straightforward records so nonetheless I’m very happy for her! She deserves more of her music to be acclaimed this way tbh :firega:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point

Mocchi
On 3/18/2023 at 12:14 PM, Benji said:

It’s insane how Shallow really captured the GP like that.

I like the song but it’s not even my favourite ballad from the soundtrack, ARUTW is better to me but damn.

Maybe if ARUTW was the lead and received the same promo it would’ve been number 1 for five years, Brexit would be reversed, Putin would’ve died on it hitting #1 and we would’ve solved world hunger… who knows? :max:

I agree on that ARUTW is a better song, but can we deny a huge part of Shallow success was because of Bradley and his chemistry with Gaga? :ally:

Archived