music news

Taylor performs 44 songs in 3+ hours

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

CaliforniaDreamin
18 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Me trying not to be jealous/advocate for my faves to get on her level:

not-saying-mother-for-an-entire-minute-c

I mean talk singing doesn’t wear you out that bad… 

imagine your fav real singer trying to belt 44 songs in a row.    They’d sound like a dying cat by number 20 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DontCallMeAlice

In order to be able to pull off these shows I guess she’s relying a lot on backing vocals, a little bit of playback (that Don’t Blame Me high note is definitely not live, I just can’t see her performing such a high note in a 44 songs set for 52 dates straight, that would destroy her vocals cords I fear), limited/minimal choreography and a lot of time in between dates to recover from the shows. 

Padam.

ELECTROHEART

I think is great, but you can't be jealous for this because Taylor isn't a performer, she doesn't dance and there are a lot of pre-recorded stuff, not trying to shade but you can't ask Gaga, Beyonce of Madonna to perform 44 songs because they would die at first show because they're great performers and put so much effort on stage with one single song.

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Future Lovers
29 minutes ago, ELECTROHEART said:

I think is great, but you can't be jealous for this because Taylor isn't a performer, she doesn't dance and there are a lot of pre-recorded stuff, not trying to shade but you can't ask Gaga, Beyonce of Madonna to perform 44 songs because they would die at first show because they're great performers and put so much effort on stage with one single song.

Being a good performer =/= having to dance in your shows.

There is so much more to performing than choreography. You can dance all you like but that is no replacement for theatricality, an ability to connect with your audience, and creating a moment that sticks with the crowd once they leave. Madonna and Gaga’s best live moments come not from their big dance numbers but rather the performances they’re doing theatre pieces or exploring a specific theme which is what Taylor does a lot in her shows. If I had to pick 5 of the best Madonna and 5 of the best Gaga performances, only maybe one would be one where they were doing more than basic choreography. 

The stan mindset that you have to be a dancer to be a good performer has completely ruined any appreciation for any other type of performance. Some of the greatest performers in the history of music don’t perform with choreography and yet they’re still more impressive live than most artists who tour with dance extravaganzas. Dancing is only one facet of performance and it’s often the least exciting one. 

Agunimon
15 hours ago, DavidLuis198 said:

Well, I would like to know who could perform this while singing live

I gotta say, I've only seen a few other Madonna performances - but this one eats them all up. She's really serving the energy, acting, vocals and action with this. It makes me want to listen to the song.

HeavyMetal Halcyon

Okay. So. It just got out, and honestly. F**K, that was so good. I’ve never seen such level of production. 

monstertoronto

I watched a livestream of this last night and she ate. This is an amazing production. We shouldn’t be dragging her out of loyalty to Gaga. She put together an amazing set list and amazing production and we should just enjoy.  

HermioneT

Impatiently waiting for an announcement of the European dates:enigma:

She / hers

Taylucifer

she truely did the most, it is crazy to see how far she has come and to think how she would come off stage during 1989 about to pass out and now she can go for 3 hours WITH her vocals still sounding good the WHOLE time. Also I just really appreciate that the set list isn't just the hits (which she definitely could do) but a solid mixture of songs for locals and swifties, this tour is unmatched:nick:

Spoiler

now she just has to announce international dates:stalkga:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Kim Petrus

so many haters on this thread omg 

i mean, she’s doing a 3h she of fan favourite tracks of all her eras. She might not be te best singer performer etc but she’s feeding her fans so much that’s great!

i know you wish it was gaga or Madonna but it isn’t and that’s alright why do you need to compare them all the time :toofunny:

Cody James
14 hours ago, Kim Petrus said:

so many haters on this thread omg 

i mean, she’s doing a 3h she of fan favourite tracks of all her eras. She might not be te best singer performer etc but she’s feeding her fans so much that’s great!

i know you wish it was gaga or Madonna but it isn’t and that’s alright why do you need to compare them all the time :toofunny:

Thanxxx. I was going to say, we are nearing BreatheHeavy level of hate. I saw a thread the other day about Sam Smith, and everyone was misgendering and saying they are ugly, yet, no mods came through to check anyone. They must appeal to the Trump base or something idk, it was gross. 

Dennis

The pool thing is fake right? Would've been quite a feat if it was real. I was disappointed when it turned out to be fake.

Cody James

For anyone sad about Speak Now and her debut being snubbed, I am sure it is because she is planning on the re-releases and knows when she does give them the love they deserve, that Scooter will not be making pennys as she calls them off her hard work. Although, I must say my expectations are higher for the re-releases now! I really need to hear those songs live 🥺😭

Alfonso
On 3/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, Cody James said:

For anyone sad about Speak Now and her debut being snubbed, I am sure it is because she is planning on the re-releases and knows when she does give them the love they deserve, that Scooter will not be making pennys as she calls them off her hard work. Although, I must say my expectations are higher for the re-releases now! I really need to hear those songs live 🥺😭

I certainly hope so, otherwise besides being sad to me (because its my favorite album) it just feels off and unfair considering this is an "eras" tour and every other album got at least 3 songs.. not to mention she has payed dust to them for a long time 

Archived