Joshie S

Weak Live Vocals (Taylor's Version) :oops:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProfessionalClown
6 hours ago, EdX said:

I get it.. but at the same time in this particular song Lana is obviously not needed to perform it live as her vocals are so minimal. 

Tbh her vocals are pretty much backing 75% of the song tho 

DontCallMeAlice
31 minutes ago, bionic said:

I watched the show on TikTok live and it didn't really appeal to me but happy for her fans who have good chance of getting their fave songs performed. 44 songs, 3+ hours a night is not sustainable without some lipping so I'm not going to hold that against her as long as her stans don't pretend she's singing 100% live consistently throughout the show the entire tour

That’s what I was thinking. This is a gigantic show and she 100% won’t sing live for 3hrs straight. 

Padam.

MelbHawker

Kudos for effort. But.. I saw vids of the show on Twitter & Insta and THATS what nearly ended Ticketmaster?

:toofunny:

Thomas P

ANNOUNCE TORONTO! NOW!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

thisboyisamonster

She's such a tank, we love it. I just hope she can sustain such long shows!

RodeckDanny

The STAMINA omg. As a professional singer I can tell that anything over 2.5h is very demanding no matter the difficulty of the song - it requires a lot of energy!

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

jimmytimestep

For everyone concerned about her stamina, Bruce Springsteen has been doing 3+ hour shows his entire career (I went to one that was FOUR hours once). Taylor will be fine. She is well aware of the expectations the world had set for her with this tour and will take care of herself in order to deliver on those expectations. 

Legends gotta do legendary stuff. 

3 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Does it really matter…. 44 songs. We ****ing wish

It matters to me.

LateToCult
2 hours ago, Gagaism said:

I can’t with people bringing comparisons between Madonna and Taylor Swift like, are you guys serious?

:littlepotter:

I know. Like, bffr. Taylor has been writing better melodies than Madonna since she was a teenager. :ladyhaha:

faysalaaa1

Why only 1 song from Speak now?! and Our Song and Red should have been add to the setlist.

Gagaism
42 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

I know. Like, bffr. Taylor has been writing better melodies than Madonna since she was a teenager. :ladyhaha:

I mean, it’s not even necessary to point out their differences. They’re both amazing and talented on their own paths which are totally different from each other 

Alannah
1 hour ago, jimmytimestep said:

For everyone concerned about her stamina, Bruce Springsteen has been doing 3+ hour shows his entire career (I went to one that was FOUR hours once). Taylor will be fine. She is well aware of the expectations the world had set for her with this tour and will take care of herself in order to deliver on those expectations. 

Legends gotta do legendary stuff. 

Springteen shows are next level in terms of stamina. Dude is in his 70s and still leaves no crumbs. :giveup:

Future Lovers
2 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

Kudos for effort. But.. I saw vids of the show on Twitter & Insta and THATS what nearly ended Ticketmaster?

:toofunny:

Indeed it was! Judging a 3+ hour concert off of brief clips on social media is not going to give a fair assessment of show when

1. If sourced from Taylor centric accounts are still, well, clips rather than demonstrations of the whole show and each moment so they won’t show much

2. If sourced from random stan accounts, stans love to take out of context clips to support tired, petty, played out stan narratives. It could be the greatest show in history and they’d comb through footage to find any specific moment to make it look bad.

The show is a spectacle. It’s massive stadium show that includes thematic interpretations of every era of her career with theatrical presentations of each. It fetures theatre inspired performances of a witch ritual, a cottagecore wedding party, a dinner between parting lovers, a funeral procession, a massive fan dance, a burlesque inspired chair routine, a recreation of the Look What You Made Me Do and Blank Space music video, and a fairytale ballet. 

It includes physical sets such as a large forest on stage and the Folklore cabin from the Grammys only larger. 

It’s all staged on one of the largest and most technologically complex stages ever built for a live tour that has one of the largest video screens ever built at the back of the stage, a stage floor that is itself a massive video screen, a stage floor that can move independently and take on different shapes and configurations, and is complete with a massive light show and pyro effects. 

It is a tour quite worthy of the hype and stands as a larger spectacle than many of her peers are even attempting to pull off today. Really only Gaga and Madonna are still doing shows with this much happening, so she’s joined an elite club with this one. 

Pretty Savage

If it was Gaga, Beyonce or even Rihanna i would be impressed but she's not doing any hard choreos, she's not singing or belting that much, i just don't get the hype. I love Taylor and her songs but it's a fact that she's a lil bit overrated :haroon:

Archived