Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor performs 44 songs in 3+ hours

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Future Lovers
5 minutes ago, Pretty Savage said:

If it was Gaga, Beyonce or even Rihanna i would be impressed but she's not doing any hard choreos, she's not singing or belting that much, i just don't get the hype. I love Taylor and her songs but it's a fact that she's a lil bit overrated :haroon:

I can tell you from experience that simply being on stage and doing anything is mentally and physically exhausting. I’ve done many plays where I have no musical numbers and choreography and still ended the show exhausted. Performance of any kind, no matter choreography or not, is hard on you. You have to be mentally engaged to an insane degree, still hit a ton of cues even without dancing (which she is still dancinf which makes this even harder), and doing all that for 3 hours would be absolutely draining. I imagine she feels at the end like Gaga or Madonna do after their normal two hour show. Add that into the rigors of touring which pretty much every artist alive has said is hell on your body both mentally and physically, and it is indeed a wonder that she’s able to pull this off. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucas

I wish the music industry took example on her. She's the only artist that is not following the rules, 3h15 show, releasing music way more often than the average artist, all the suprise releases, releasing lots of unreleased songs, revisiting past eras, releasing different versions of her songs, all the easter eggs in her visuals etc... Pop industry should be fun like this.

God I wish I was a Swiftie. I just can't click with her music or her vibes no matter how many times I've tried :fatcat:

"back to you, f*cker"

badfaith
25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I wish the music industry took example on her. She's the only artist that is not following the rules, 3h15 show, releasing music way more often than the average artist, all the suprise releases, releasing lots of unreleased songs, revisiting past eras, releasing different versions of her songs, all the easter eggs in her visuals etc... Pop industry should be fun like this.

The thing is though, Taylor could do this because she has a lot of fanbase, like a ton of people would still buy her music or support her. I do love the easter eggs and I wish morr musicians should do it.

Flippy

Omg :bradley:

I really wish she’d perform I Bet You Think About Me :cryga:

But then again, I can’t afford to go, so… :billie::selena:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

BornAsUnic0rn
9 hours ago, C Rose said:

How many did she actually sing without a back track? Im curious. :iamfair:

Isn’t our fave the one who regularly gets overpowered in the chorus by the background vocals?

badfaith
7 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Isn’t our fave the one who regularly gets overpowered in the chorus by the background vocals?

You say that when you can clearly hear her in CBT. During the later dates, you can hear the strain in her voice too and yet the backing track stays the same.

gabeoz
3 hours ago, Pretty Savage said:

If it was Gaga, Beyonce or even Rihanna i would be impressed but she's not doing any hard choreos, she's not singing or belting that much, i just don't get the hype. I love Taylor and her songs but it's a fact that she's a lil bit overrated :haroon:

She’s capable of doing hard choreo, she did in past tours, especially the rep one. But this is a nonstop 3+ hour show, it’s just not realistic to have that same burn of energy for such a long time. Trade offs have to be made somewhere. 

StrawberryBlond

Gotta say, I was amazed how she paid her first three eras dust. As it's called The Eras Tour, I'd expected more than a few songs per era. I get it, in retrospect, her first 3 albums are nowhere near as successful or known as her more recent work but it's a bit weird to overlook it this much (to only put in a non-single from Speak Now is a very unusual choice). I honestly think this would've been a better idea as a tour to keep people going in between albums so she could give equal attention to all eras instead of putting so much focus on the last three as she's never toured with them so needed to put more importance on them.

Chromatography
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Gotta say, I was amazed how she paid her first three eras dust. As it's called The Eras Tour, I'd expected more than a few songs per era. I get it, in retrospect, her first 3 albums are nowhere near as successful or known as her more recent work but it's a bit weird to overlook it this much (to only put in a non-single from Speak Now is a very unusual choice). I honestly think this would've been a better idea as a tour to keep people going in between albums so she could give equal attention to all eras instead of putting so much focus on the last three as she's never toured with them so needed to put more importance on them.

last four actually. midnights, folklore, evermore, and lover. she gave all of those pretty equal size in the set list.

ProfessionalClown
3 hours ago, Pretty Savage said:

You gotta be joking lmao. Like cmon. She did 44 songs. Over 3 hours. She still did a LOT of performance pieces as well and transitions and still had slight choreo. Some people can’t even do basic 10 song sets with 0 choreo and get winded and have no stamina.

ProfessionalClown
24 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I mean this tour IS for the last 4 albums she hasn’t been able to tour for, so of course it’s gonna take up a majority of space. Yes it’s the eras tour, but even then she never toured for lover, folklore, evermore, or midnights (obvi).

Enchanted is by FAR the fan favorite from speak now and means the most to fans, aside from long live.

If she did a decent like say 4 songs each to hit that regular 40 mark it would still leave out a LOT, especially considering these past 4 albums would be paid dust for being the only ones not toured yet have no central part of the tour. 

faysalaaa1
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

From what I remember, her first three albums were extremely successful that it broke records. I remember she was all over the news for years about how shes selling in an era of no album sales. Her and Adele were the top selling artists.

Archived