💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ryan Reynolds' mobile company sells for $1.3 Billion

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

Economy
13 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

TMobiles gross margin is around 50% and Verizon reported a 18% net margin. Prices for basic unlimited plans start at $70-80/month for 1 person. But if you share plans with family or roommates you can get it at around $40/month per line. 

Is $70-$80 with or without a tab paying off a phone? And by unlimited do u mean internet in addition to text?

If that plan includes a typical 2 year tab then it's definitely still slightly cheaper than in Canada but not by a lot (cuz we have to factor the currency difference too). If I wanted to switch my plan to unlimited Data my bill would jump to $115 a month (like $90USD) although that includes some $20/month phone tab that will end once I pay off the tab by August

As for performance, I think net margins (real profit) is the most relevant one. 18% is definitely quite high still

I have not searched up the numbers but I'm willing to bet it's over 20% here in Canada

In other monopolized and consolidates sectors like banking, profit margins are like 20% to 30% in Canadian Banks 🤯

I can imagine something Simmilar for telecoms

TortureMeOnReplay
52 minutes ago, Economy said:

Is $70-$80 with or without a tab paying off a phone? And by unlimited do u mean internet in addition to text?

If that plan includes a typical 2 year tab then it's definitely still slightly cheaper than in Canada but not by a lot (cuz we have to factor the currency difference too). If I wanted to switch my plan to unlimited Data my bill would jump to $115 a month (like $90USD) although that includes some $20/month phone tab that will end once I pay off the tab by August

As for performance, I think net margins (real profit) is the most relevant one. 18% is definitely quite high still

I have not searched up the numbers but I'm willing to bet it's over 20% here in Canada

In other monopolized and consolidates sectors like banking, profit margins are like 20% to 30% in Canadian Banks 🤯

Without paying on a phone. You can add an extra $20-30/month if you wanna add a new phone. So both our prices are crazy. Sad thing is that reliable and noticeable 5G is nowhere near prevalent. 

Helxig
14 hours ago, Eido said:

Wasn't it his marketing strategy to be cheaper and better than T-Mobile & Co?

Yes it was. Funny that when money appears he'll throw that out of the windows 

I think any of us would sacrifice our integrity for that much money :huntyga:  

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

HotLikeMexico
16 hours ago, Agunimon said:

T-Mobile is swallowing the market now.

I remember like 10 years ago when someone said they had T-Mobile and people were like oh that's cute? Surely that wasn't just a thing around where I lived.

It’s still cute In a way. 

gabeoz

I dont think some of yall understand that small carriers like Mint Mobile just use the extra bandwith rented to them from major carriers like t-mobile or verizon. While the big 2-3 carriers definitely need new competition, Mint Mobile is not competition, it's an equivalent of services like Straight Talk.

gabeoz
3 hours ago, Economy said:

Your first question really depends on the carrier and the deals they offer. Many will offer a free or heavily discounted phone upgrade depending on the company for switching for 2 years. But if you do have to pay for the phone, the cost is separate from the existing $70-80 plan. And yes unlimited means unlimited internet data (but there are many carriers who have "unlimited" plans with "soft caps" that will slow your speed to basically nothing after a certain amount of GB is reached)

Archived