💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ryan Reynolds' mobile company sells for $1.3 Billion

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

Versace

It’s not as outlandish as you may think when it comes to acquisition deals. Never knew he had a mobile company tbh. It might have had potential and T-mobile stepped in to probs prevent more competition. 

It's not necessarily a bad thing for competition considering the US allow wireless resellers and prices there are reasonable and competitive with the rest of the world. Wireless prices in Canada on the other hand...:bear:

InTheCloset
27 minutes ago, Versace said:

It’s not as outlandish as you may think when it comes to acquisition deals. Never knew he had a mobile company tbh. It might have had potential and T-mobile stepped in to probs prevent more competition. 

Yeah i read somewhere that it was cheaper and offered better plans than t mobile

The abyss stares back

River

a way to kill competition but slay this is how u make money these days:ororomunroe:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

hieronymus
54 minutes ago, River said:

a way to kill competition but slay this is how u make money these days:ororomunroe:

it's what starbucks does/did to coffee shops too

River
2 minutes ago, Hold My Ham said:

yeah and McDonald's to many fast food hamburger chains around the globe.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

hieronymus
5 minutes ago, River said:

yeah and McDonald's to many fast food hamburger chains around the globe.

propaganda capitalism GIF

HiddenWeirdo
1 hour ago, Hold My Ham said:

Thank god Italy supports its own coffee culture. Starbuck coffee is oversugared :bon:

TortureMeOnReplay
4 hours ago, Fzz said:

It's not necessarily a bad thing for competition considering the US allow wireless resellers and prices there are reasonable and competitive with the rest of the world. Wireless prices in Canada on the other hand...:bear:

Prices are definitely far from reasonable, but still better than other places. Europe has better pricing but it somewhat reflects their connectivity offering. 

4 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

Yeah i read somewhere that it was cheaper and offered better plans than t mobile

Better plans depends on view. Better price for amount of data, but speeds depend on congestion with T-Mobile prioritizing its own customers over its own wholesale partners. It only tried to be a carrier. Because Mint only offers wireless without extras (Netflix, Spotify, etx) it can charge less.

Agunimon

T-Mobile is swallowing the market now.

I remember like 10 years ago when someone said they had T-Mobile and people were like oh that's cute? Surely that wasn't just a thing around where I lived.

Economy
2 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Prices are definitely far from reasonable, but still better than other places. Europe has better pricing but it somewhat reflects their connectivity offering. 

Better plans depends on view. Better price for amount of data, but speeds depend on congestion with T-Mobile prioritizing its own customers over its own wholesale partners. It only tried to be a carrier. Because Mint only offers wireless without extras (Netflix, Spotify, etx) it can charge less.

What are prices like in the US? What are the typical profit margins of telecom companies there?

Here in Canada we are definitely gauged, not surprising given our sector is so monopolized :madge:

Wasn't it his marketing strategy to be cheaper and better than T-Mobile & Co?

Yes it was. Funny that when money appears he'll throw that out of the windows 

TortureMeOnReplay
11 hours ago, Economy said:

What are prices like in the US? What are the typical profit margins of telecom companies there?

Here in Canada we are definitely gauged, not surprising given our sector is so monopolized :madge:

TMobiles gross margin is around 50% and Verizon reported a 18% net margin. Prices for basic unlimited plans start at $70-80/month for 1 person. But if you share plans with family or roommates you can get it at around $40/month per line. 

Archived