question

Rate the album ARTPOP

Blackout19

Rate the album   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Title.

Featured Posts

Blackout19

I am really curious with this album. Some fans love this albums, and others (like me) doesn't like this album at all. 

So how would you rate this album, from 1 to 10?

music video applause GIF by Lady Gaga

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

holy scheisse

8/10

imo, its the most cohesive gaga album yet and i love listening to it in order

RIP DWUW

Lucas

3/10. Sounds like a playlist of random songs put together, overproduced, not catchy, too much autotune on certain songs (Manicure should have raw vocals, Sex Dreams and ARTPOP shouldn't sound robotic and soulless as it's about sex and the core of the album)

River

an album with too many good ideas but with a lack of proper direction.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Cello

If you asked me in 2013/14, probably a 9. I give it a 6 now, there's only a few songs I still listen to. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Poltergeist

10/10 since day one, I'll never get bored with it!

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

ElectricChapelR

9/10

I really really enjoyed it the time it was released, I remember that I've converted some of my str8 friends to listen to this new music genre called "ARTPOP" and they really liked a lot of songs.

I'm especially attached to Gypsy because it's like an high school anthem for me and my friends.

Venus is still out of this world, galaxy, space and time.

Fashion! is the song that I've skipped for so long but now I think it's one of the best.

Mary Jane Holland - I still enjoy it very much.

Applause is still great.

DWUW still great.

Even if I don't actively listen to this album today, I still think it was a great experimental album, a whole mood that deserves its "ARTPOP Listening Party" nights.

Also, the artRave live Paris is one of the lives that I actually listen in my headphones when I'm walking on the streets, her speeches were so powerful.

I think people should stop rating an album based on its commercial succes or comparing it to different factors or periods.

Benji

5 or 6

The highs are great but there’s a few meh songs and a couple that are just straight up bad

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Everyone saying it doesn’t have a direction lol. 

ARTPOP is all about putting the ideas that the world ’painted’ about her and switching the perspective so that the art the media was creating was put back onto the artist. 

Alien, Sex, Drugs, Blonde, Fashion, shallow and only living for the applause. These are all things the media associated with Gaga and she took ownership of them in an explosive way to poke fun. 

Remember she said it was about putting the Warhol on the soup can. she is the soup can, the media/world is Warhol, and her reputation and public persona is the warhol painting 

HookerOnAChurch

8/10 

The concept is artful and logical. I'm going to fall into the usual cliché but it really is a forward thinking album absolutely ahead of its time.

ARTGOD

If I’m rating it on enjoyment alone then it would easily be a 10. It’s a thoroughly fun and exciting pop record that is always commanding my attention.

When taking into consideration everything it’s more like an 8.

What sets it back is the lack of a coherent and cohesive theme, and in the context of music as a whole, there are better pop records and better electronic records out there. Records that push their respective genres way further or excel tremendously at capturing a particular sound. ARTPOP seems a bit tame in comparison, especially when you consider how Gaga hyped it up as something revolutionary.

It’s still her best album and the closest Gaga has gotten to a truly great album, but there are a couple things missing for it to be put on the same tier as a Ray Of Light or a Discovery or even a What’s Your Pleasure.

I think she’s perfectly capable of releasing an album like that, and I think it’s coming sooner than we think.

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, ElectricChapelR said:

Fashion! is the song that I've skipped for so long but now I think it's one of the best.

same! used to think it was the weakest but its acc one of my favs now

AnglerfishbraBENUS
50 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

same! used to think it was the weakest but its acc one of my favs now

i don’t know why SO many people hate this funk masterpiece.

Like y’all want a funk or disco song but it’s right there 

Archived