question

Rate the album Joanne

Maxine Puth

Rate the album Joanne  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the album Joanne

Featured Posts

Cello

7 from me, I have mixed feelings about this album. I love most of the tracks, namely Million Reasons, Hey Girl, Perfect Illusion, Diamond Heart, Sinner's Prayer, Just Another Day and Joanne piano version. For some reason though the album overall just feels a little flat compared to others in her discography and I don't find myself revisiting it all that much.

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

NATAH
34 minutes ago, Cello said:

7 from me, I have mixed feelings about this album. I love most of the tracks, namely Million Reasons, Hey Girl, Perfect Illusion, Diamond Heart, Sinner's Prayer, Just Another Day and Joanne piano version. For some reason though the album overall just feels a little flat compared to others in her discography and I don't find myself revisiting it all that much.

exactly the same as me :udidnt:

mother, what must i do?

Cello
3 minutes ago, NATAH said:

exactly the same as me :udidnt:

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

tomsches

I think overall it’s a good album and - especially when it came out - I appreciated her going for a more singer/songwriter type of approach and a more organic instrumentation. My problem with the album is that her whole down to earth, girl next door, struggling artist, persona felt more like a costume. And then there she was in her interviews reciting the lyrics of her own songs like she was Shakespeare throwing in „man“ after every sentence and throwing her hands as far apart as she could. 
musically, there are a couple of songs that I really like. I remember when it came out I was an absolute Stan because I had always wanted Gaga To make more music like that but that quickly faded and most of the album now doesn’t really blow me away anymore. 
nevertheless, I still like it, I think it’s a good album and it was extremely important for her career. 

Maxine Puth
1 hour ago, tomsches said:

I think overall it’s a good album and - especially when it came out - I appreciated her going for a more singer/songwriter type of approach and a more organic instrumentation. My problem with the album is that her whole down to earth, girl next door, struggling artist, persona felt more like a costume. And then there she was in her interviews reciting the lyrics of her own songs like she was Shakespeare throwing in „man“ after every sentence and throwing her hands as far apart as she could. 
musically, there are a couple of songs that I really like. I remember when it came out I was an absolute Stan because I had always wanted Gaga To make more music like that but that quickly faded and most of the album now doesn’t really blow me away anymore. 
nevertheless, I still like it, I think it’s a good album and it was extremely important for her career. 

I definitely remember loving Joanne more when it came out than now too. The songs I used to love like Sinners Prayer and Diamond Heart though, were mostly because they were the closest stuff to what I wanted her to do if that makes sense.  But when ASIB was released I realized that she could do that sound much better than what she did with Joanne. I still love a couple of songs, especially JAD, but the rest are just ok to me now. 

HookerOnAChurch

That album really did something for me. Great songs, great production, and Mark Ronson + Gaga was a dream of mine since i have memory. 

Ultimecia

Technically flawless, but devoid of style, flair and personality. :koons:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

A Real Panda

I thought the results would be an average so I voted 10 just because I know a lot of you dont like it.

Joanne is actually my 3rd Gaga favorite just because I can listen to it from start to finish. I know the best track on Joanne is not as strong as the best track on the other non-Jazz albums. However I skip a few of the songs on The Fame, Born This Way and ARTPOP.

Joanne just like Chromatica, A Star Is Born, and The Fame Monster are Gaga albums I can listen to from start to finish.

Agunimon

I voted an 8, because I view it in retrospect of her other albums. It's in my top three, Chromatica is a 10, and Born This Way is a 9 for me - so Joanne is an 8. I love Joanne. I only skip Angel Down - and I just replace that with the piano version because I like it way more than the production / instrumental on the studio one. I hope she returns to a sound similar to this in the future.

TEANUS

7/10. I wish she had gone more PI, John Wayne, DIC than Sinner’s Prayer and Joanne. Funky, still dancey but still an organic sound

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Lucas

Solid 7 for me. It's a nice touch of versatility in her discography. I honestly still think the dead aunt theme is a bit strange but Gaga's the artist, not me

I voted 6. I can’t stand “Million Reasons” (and Hey Girl, and Just Another Day, and even Come to Mama), but PI, Diamond Heart, DinC, JW and Sinner’s Player are amazing!

Very uneven album overall.

Promotion was weird too: Ayo was going to be a second single (before flopping), then she overdid it with Million Reasons (and video was terrible), JW had a good video (but was only a promo-single), and then…. just a few months after Joanne she released … “Cure”… What a mess :wtfga:

Archived