question

Your music opinion that would get you in this situation:

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustTea

Beyonce, Taylor, Rihanna and their discographies are incredibly overrated. :iamfair:

DWUW should've never been deleted and its MV should've been released. :koons:

Sexxx Dreams and Venus are among the worst of ARTPOP... :bye:

Werewolves Wanted
1 hour ago, 2School4Cool said:

I know it’s a bit long but if you want to check out an interview this is a great one in my opinion. Very open and honest and really fascinating:

If you’re a fan of The A Team I’d suggest Give Me Love, Tenerife Sea, Small Bump, One, Hearts Don’t Break Around Here, Kiss Me, etc. I could suggest so so many haha. If you end up checking any of this out feel free to DM me and let me know your thoughts!

Thank you so much!! Will do!!

IWantYourLove

TS has potential but is so boring with everything that she does it’s unbelievable 

Lemondeduerl

- I don't think Beyoncé is overrated. Like she can sing, she can dance, she has stage presence, her looks and her visuals are so good. The only thing I could reproach her is that her shows are almost the same since 2016. The problem is that she's overexposed by the media. 

- Madonna is actually a great artist and performer, even though she isn't a very good vocalist. 

- Ed Sheeran is a good singer and songwriter, his first two albums are in my all time favorite list. However I enjoyed him better from 2011 - 2017. 

-  Folk/acoustic Taylor > Pop Taylor. She's good but I think she always sings about the same topic. 

- Hey Girl is a GOOD song and Jewels & Drugs isn't that bad the instrumental is good and Gaga's parts are pretty decent. 

- Joanne is a good album and even though at first it felt a little bit underwhelming the Joanne era is one of her best moments in her career. 

:)

Lady Palutena

Taylor Swift is severely overrated.

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Morphine Prince

Taylor Swift is incredibly mediocre. Her music and performances.  

She appeals to the "safest" audience and is popular because of it. She has taken zero REAL risks in her career and always frames herself as a victim. 

She has her occasional good songs that I enjoy but I find her severely overrated and underwhelming. 

Joshie S

Lady Gaga has no bad songs or skips in her entire discography/unreleased. 

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Ladle Ghoulash
On 3/15/2023 at 6:59 AM, NATAH said:

i only feel this way about the stevie wonder tribute because wow, she BODIED that

And the Sting tribute! Maybe one of the best vocal performances of her career tbh 

rinasawachanta

- It's a shame that many tasteless fans keep putting Gaga in the "popstar" league, when she proved to be way above it and play her own game. I feel like she knows it and it ENERVES her, like when several years ago she was compared to Katy Perry (!). I think that affected Gaga's confidence and was one of the reasons she decided to make that career shift.

- Gaga's impact on the music and audiovisual scene is IMMENSE, but there seems to be a tacit consensus about not making it explicit. While there has been a bit more recognition in recent times, it's nowhere near what it should be.

rinasawachanta

The popularity that some 'artists' enjoy proves that it doesn't matter that the music you make is bad, or that you have no talent or stage presence; all that matters is being vapid and challenging NOTHING to have a good amount of fans to sustain you and contribute to the narrative you want to create (being a great songwriter, the top artist, or whatever). Ultimately, it's all about a popularity contest. This aspect manages to really cloud the perception of people (who, in general, don't have good judgment or great taste) who end up buying anything.

Archived