💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

EEAAO is now the most awarded film EVER

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
5 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

Hideous film. The worst film i've ever seen. The 'tiktokization' of cinema. Dumb humour and horrendous aesthetics disguised as 'deep' or 'meaningful'.

Seems like you didn’t understand the movie at all if you think it’s just dumb humor lmao 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
COOOK
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I went into it with really high expectations and it turned out to be...okay. I accept that it was a really well made and innovative movie but something about it didn't click for me.

Exactly this. Although I enjoyed it, I was hoping for a mind-blowing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind experience too- or maybe The Butterfly Effect.

It also didn't help that I recently read a book (The Midnight Library) with a very similar concept about the what-ifs, different choices that lead to different lives etc so I already went through those deep perspective on life thoughts that leave you in the end.

Pennywise
9 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

Hideous film. The worst film i've ever seen. The 'tiktokization' of cinema. Dumb humour and horrendous aesthetics disguised as 'deep' or 'meaningful'.

I was going to say something mean but a person of your taste level - or lack thereof - is not worth the pancakes tbh 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

alsemanche
9 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

I have on idea what movie you've seen because none of these things apply to EEAAO lmao

Soft, soothing, and succulent

alsemanche

I'm surprised that it broke this record tbh. As much as I love the movie, I feel like it got more Oscars than it deserved, especially compared to some of its competition. Don't get me wrong, I think it's brilliant and the cast is wonderful, but I think for example best supporting actress should have Kerry Condon rather than Jamie Lee because she was fantastic in Banshees of Inisherin and supporting actor could have gone to Brendan Gleeson too (but I'm VERY happy Ke Huy Quan got it too). Original Screenplay should have 100% gone to Banshees as well. 

Idk why they snubbed Banshees so much actually now that I think about it :selena: It was an amazing movie. 

Sorcerer
Just now, alsemanche said:

I'm surprised that it broke this record tbh. As much as I love the movie, I feel like it got more Oscars than it deserved, especially compared to some of its competition. Don't get me wrong, I think it's brilliant and the cast is wonderful, but I think for example best supporting actress should have Kerry Condon rather than Jamie Lee because she was fantastic in Banshees of Inisherin and supporting actor could have gone to Brendan Gleeson too (but I'm VERY happy Ke Huy Quan got it too). Original Screenplay should have 100% gone to Banshees as well. 

Idk why they snubbed Banshees so much actually now that I think about it :selena: It was an amazing movie. 

The Banshees of Inisherin deserved Supporting Actress and Original Screenplay at the very least. It was my Best Picture pick, as well as Colin Farrell for Best Actor.

I'm not sure how to feel about EEAAO breaking this record even though I really loved that film too. I think it makes sense as the Best Picture winner for the Academy considering its themes, but I want the awards to be spread out because there are so many other great films that deserve recognition.

Pennywise
38 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I hated it :bradley:

alsemanche
1 hour ago, Pennywise said:

I hated it :bradley:

I-

How :air:

NichuuB
5 hours ago, COOOK said:

Exactly this. Although I enjoyed it, I was hoping for a mind-blowing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind experience too- or maybe The Butterfly Effect.

It also didn't help that I recently read a book (The Midnight Library) with a very similar concept about the what-ifs, different choices that lead to different lives etc so I already went through those deep perspective on life thoughts that leave you in the end.

In my view the movie is much less about the what ifs and multiverse, and much more about the nihilism of life and how it doesn't mean life and joy is pointless, as is what you do with kindness that gives life its meaning. The whole multiverse and bonkiness is just the tool they used to give this message

Property of @Whale

NichuuB
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

Or Tár, like, this movie is a masterpiece and it was totally ignored

Property of @Whale

Pennywise
11 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I-

How :air:

The guy who kept cutting his fingers annoyed me so much :cryga:

if it was a proper drama I'd probably love it but the comedic undertones ruined it for me

Spoiler

but that's probably on me because I hate comedies :poot:

rinasawachanta
9 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Seems like you didn’t understand the movie at all if you think it’s just dumb humor lmao 

5 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I was going to say something mean but a person of your taste level - or lack thereof - is not worth the pancakes tbh 

What can you expect from a donkey but a kick? Keep on believing that you are watching real cinema. Keep thinking you're consuming an indie gem, from literally the same people in charge of Marvel crap. Keep thinking that this is a film that manages to capture (or even tries to capture) the sensibilities of the Chinese people, that pays homage to them in some way or respects them, and that it's not some disgustingly stereotypical Yankee crap. Anyway, keep eating sh*t and thinking it's caviar.

RAMROD
6 minutes ago, rinasawachanta said:

What can you expect from a donkey but a kick? Keep on believing that you are watching real cinema. Keep thinking you're consuming an indie gem, from literally the same people in charge of Marvel crap. Keep thinking that this is a film that manages to capture (or even tries to capture) the sensibilities of the Chinese people, that pays homage to them in some way or respects them, and that it's not some disgustingly stereotypical Yankee crap. Anyway, keep eating sh*t and thinking it's caviar.

The way you are so angry. That movie must have done something  right :ladyhaha:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived