• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism
42 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

She was snubbed for HOG :selena:

23 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

She was nominated for every major award in the world :bradley:

I think some of you need to let go, unfortunately that movie wasn’t award worthy and well, there was other better acting then her at the time and that’s ok. 
She’s shinning as per usual after all and I’m sure she got way more to

come :legend:

15 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Edit: Just to add to below that I LOVED her performance at the Oscars.

I’d like to make a comment that is in no way meant to be bad criticism. I feel since after ARTPOP, Gaga seems to always try hard to empathise her vocals, the rawness and it’s often followed by tears. I love all of her but I do hope she can be happier and give us more of that and less sorrow. 

We have C2C and LFS 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Tyler1992

She executed the night flawlessly, in my opinion.

She had one toe in Hollywood, one toe in Joker, it was a very nice balance.

Im sure Gagas team has been in talks with producers from day one about her performance, and what it would look like with her filming. I bet during that time there were so many iterations of what it could, would, or wouldn’t look like. The agility of all parties to pinpoint something down on short notice is commendable.

The performance felt like she was in her comfort zone. She started slow and steady, then ended big, you could tell she felt more at ease and confident as she went along.
Sometimes a “raw” performance comes off as the opposite, Gaga included. But it really did feel like her emotions pulled the performance out of her. From beginning to end you could actually see and feel a sense of triumph.

Aussie

Agreed! And indeed also serves her movie role as well. I think many are waiting in excitement for her Joker 2 role.

RAMROD

Queen of Last Minute :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Tyler1992
27 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

I think some of you need to let go, unfortunately that movie wasn’t award worthy and well, there was other better acting then her at the time and that’s ok. 
She’s shinning as per usual after all and I’m sure she got way more to

come :legend:

I like to reframe it.

She was a huge snub of the year, yes. The narrative was that she should have been one of the nominees. But this was only her second foray into acting on the big screen. Had she been nominated, the narrative may have changed, and it could have questioned her privilege to jump from one medium to another.

In a way, her missing the nom plays very well in cards. She had the merit, the credibility from every other body (SAG, BAFTA most importantly), and with the surprise upset narrative, she was still considered one of the best of the year.

Its better to be snubbed and have people shocked, instead of nominated and questioned why they were there.

It’s possible if she went 2:2 in best actress nominations:films ratio, she may have to work a lot longer in more roles to get an acting win. With the HOG snub, it may come quicker, as her narrative is that of humility from that snub.

Sorcerer

I think she felt like it didn't make sense that her song is the only nominee that will not be performed. Remember when she wanted all nominees to be performed in the show when only "Shallow" and "All the Stars" were planned to be included by the producers? 

She probably also wanted to honor the film and give it a bit of presence in the show. She's a genius for making a tribute to the late director Tony Scott.

Gagaism
5 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

I like to reframe it.

She was a huge snub of the year, yes. The narrative was that she should have been one of the nominees. But this was only her second foray into acting on the big screen. Had she been nominated, the narrative may have changed, and it could have questioned her privilege to jump from one medium to another.

In a way, her missing the nom plays very well in cards. She had the merit, the credibility from every other body (SAG, BAFTA most importantly), and with the surprise upset narrative, she was still considered one of the best of the year.

Its better to be snubbed and have people shocked, instead of nominated and questioned why they were there.

It’s possible if she went 2:2 in best actress nominations:films ratio, she may have to work a lot longer in more roles to get an acting win. With the HOG snub, it may come quicker, as her narrative is that of humility from that snub.

I agree. And we know soon or later she will get that award for best actress because we know how talented and dedicated she is. Who would think that crazy girl who came up on 2008 would make it so brilliant on her way to be where she is right now? 
At this point EVERYBODY knows how much potential she has so it’s just a matter of time. In the meantime, all of us old or new fans will just keep on enjoying and appreciating all the art and love she has to give for us.

Im so so proud to see how far she went into her career and so happy to see our Lady just slaying everywhere at everything she does. 

Tyler1992
15 minutes ago, Sorcerer said:

I think she felt like it didn't make sense that her song is the only nominee that will not be performed. Remember when she wanted all nominees to be performed in the show when only "Shallow" and "All the Stars" were planned to be included by the producers? 

She probably also wanted to honor the film and give it a bit of presence in the show. She's a genius for making a tribute to the late director Tony Scott.

All of this.

It was also different time in 2019. The Academy were at a more desperate time to be relevant and were seeking Ill thought out measures to be relevant. Culling performances from less popular song nominees, cutting awards from the telecast, and attempting to add “best popular film”.

Gaga said she wouldn’t perform because the other nominees weren’t going to get their earned time.

I think you’re right in that she did it to celebrate and honour the film. 

DavidLuis198
1 hour ago, Aussie said:

Edit: Just to add to below that I LOVED her performance at the Oscars.

I’d like to make a comment that is in no way meant to be bad criticism. I feel since after ARTPOP, Gaga seems to always try hard to empathise her vocals, the rawness and it’s often followed by tears. I love all of her but I do hope she can be happier and give us more of that and less sorrow. 

During the WestField special in 2021 she said Tony told her to go deeper and deeper on her emotions when she's singing, it does sing that's her mode now, it's great cause she always delivering unforgettable performances, but yeah, would be great to see her more happy (not pretending of course, I just hope she's happy)

I don't know how to write in english

Tyler1992
13 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

I agree. And we know soon or later she will get that award for best actress because we know how talented and dedicated she is. Who would think that crazy girl who came up on 2008 would make it so brilliant on her way to be where she is right now? 
At this point EVERYBODY knows how much potential she has so it’s just a matter of time. In the meantime, all of us old or new fans will just keep on enjoying and appreciating all the art and love she has to give for us.

Im so so proud to see how far she went into her career and so happy to see our Lady just slaying everywhere at everything she does. 

Yes! At this point she is very favourable and loved by the academy. 

She’s quickly become a staple of the ceremony, and not only for singing, or acting, but both.. that’s tough! A lot of extremely famous actors and musicians try to break through but haven’t made it through. So many actors present, but have yet to be nominated. Or musicians perform, but haven’t been nominated, or have lost.

In 8 years, Gaga has performed 4 times, been nominated for song 3 times with one win, best actress 1 time, and helped present Best Picture!

Ziggy
51 minutes ago, Sorcerer said:

Absolutely these points. Especially with Tom Cruise not showing it was a good opportunity for her to be the face of the movie in some ways (yes Jennifer connely was there but that’s different than legit performing). I think showing face and repping your work is important to her

Archived