💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (95th Academy Awards)

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

gumzy3000

This woman has so much talent, its unbelievable. We really do stan a legend 

trolly troll troll

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

She sounded great.

Edited: Lord, half of film twitter is dragging her again (it's pretty mild, tho) for that intro (the intro, not the performance itself). I thought it was fine, a tiny bit dramatic, but nowhere near dramatic as she has been in the past. TBH the whole film twitter/film journo crowd is just so, so nasty (not just towards Gaga, tbf, they are nasty in general and even worse towards people like Taika Waiti, etc.). TBH I feel like she'e too nice/good for that crowd most of the time, and the music industry (however problematic it can be) appreciates big personalities and strangeness more.

They are being so cruel about Stephanie Hsu that the 'it's not the deep' thing about Gaga looks very mild in comparison. I swear twitter brings out the worst in people.

My Name Isnt Alice
1 minute ago, POPLOVER said:

A vocal queen like Gaga almost being off tune at the beginning of this performance cause she was  trying to be too dramatic... Miley's album bombing despite flowers being a huge hit... is there a thing we can be sure of during these times? :cryga: I love our queen, get what she was trying to do but sis stick to the arrangement, don't sing another song the direction of the melody in the first part  is as messy as our lifes :cryga:

Here's another perspective, a charming one

When you're vulnerable, on someone's hands, be raw, be natural, give up perfection, and let humanity shine through. That's what I'm seeing here and I'm loving it.

ChicaSkas
5 minutes ago, actsleazy said:

Mother. This is so punk

It's the ripped jeans and the pat benetar vibes 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Ultimecia

This performance actually made me appreciate the song, more than I ever did before.

It was incredible. :bradley:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

Starmie25

If you're reading this Gengar and Bobbi please upload it (HMH Oscar version) to streaming, because that was really pretty. Very nice indeed.

WhiteShadow90

So they said Rihannas performance is coming up next twice (even before the last commercial break) but never Gagas.. 😐😅

Mister G

She went from Glitz and Glam to Joanne era vibes and said, yeah this is last minute so let’s keep it classy but stripped back. I thought she did well. 

G U C C I

I actually adore the stripped back rawness of the performance of HMH had been done with anyone besides bloodpop I think it would have been an incredibly well done soft rock ballad instead what was released. This arrangement and vocally she had some weird moments but it was ok. It’s just not a great song from the jump so I think anything you do with it is gonna seem off a bit.

I will always think her at the piano is superior. I really don’t hate the jeans and t shirt and converse but the over the top emotions that seemed to distract from the vocal delivery and performance was not it. But it’s nice to never know what to expect with her. And she does always deliver in the end. 

Omar Vela
3 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

She sounded great.

Lord, half of film twitter is dragging her again for that intro. I thought it was fine, a tiny bit dramatic, but nowhere near dramatic as she has been in the past. TBH the whole film twitter/film journo crowd is just so, so nasty (not just towards Gaga, tbf, they are nasty in general and even worse towards people like Taika Waiti, etc.). TBH I feel like she'e too nice/good for that crowd most of the time, and the music industry (however problematic it can be) appreciates big personalities and strangeness more.

I've seen positive reactions on GP from Mexico and latin america... 

marrytheminogue

It’s giving ‘Lady Gaga: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert (Hold my Hand Performance)’ with how stripped back it was and how little you see of the stage. In fact, I would have thought this was remotely shot or pre-recorded if we hadn’t seen her on the red carpet earlier lol

I also don’t know if it’s a combination of the little makeup and her attitude but I’m getting Jo Calderone too - but also with the aesthetics of the Joanne era? Vocals are great as always - nice to see her singing again since TCB.

djfreemymind

She did that!!!!! Loved it. Completely unexpected. She was rly like... oh y'all wanted me to perform to the point of "annoyance??"

Love that it was totally minimalistic. She's not in competition with Rih, never was. Even if the media extorted it and tried to compare acts.

The mood was sad... We have to keep in mind that she used to self-harm. "You don't have to show me again." She even referred to this lyric in her mental health interview with Oprah. I feel like the dramatic build-up of the song...once the guitars came in, it got way more hopeful. Really carried the point home

What was up with her earpiece???? 

I like that Shallow was all glam and the whole stage and house were lit up, and this was the opposite.

On a side note, I was worried after her last Grammys performance... don't hate me. That for some reason her vocals weren't gonna be on point — but she killed it. For a last minute performance tooo ??? I just want to give her a hug, she's so hard working, such a pro. Motherrrrrrrr

Master, play me your symphony; I will answer to anything. Take me on a trip,

LuvitLevit

I loved it! Easily one of my fav performances by her. I was not expecting that, and I can’t stop watching ❤️

Archived