đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (95th Academy Awards)

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Okay well I wasn't a huge fan of the stylistic choices, and especially the camera work during her performance..

BUT I love that I literally never know what to expect from her she is always surprising us and that's part of why I stan her :tony: 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EGOT2027

it seems like gaga left right after song. i wonder if she has to be on set in the morning lol

Ziggy
3 hours ago, Lava said:

It was actually genius being so simple. Nobody would have expected this. The grunginess almost reminded me of Jo Calderone. She already performed her version at the Chromatica Ball, I feel like this was to replicate the theme from Top Gun and show off her vocals. Legendary, as usual!

And also is easier on her from a practical standpoint lol she had minimal time to rehearse so she gave it damn near bone dry lmao

Jarvin

This was a teaser. She was still in character. This is the local and musical style of the Joker soundtrack. This was Harley. The sad, psychotic talking, the new vocal style. Bookmark me.

Schwerk
2 hours ago, misha4ever said:

I have the theory that she wanted to make a Jo Calderone performance but she wasn't mentally ready to leave Harley and go into Jo so that's why she was so raw in her style.

Jo and her Harley could stem from the same place in her mind maybe. That NYC IDGAF attitude, feeling mistreated, angry and crazed. The accent will probably be similar and maybe even the body language in parts. 

To me she seemed to channel a lot of herself in this performance, but it's also apparent she's working on a movie and that character is with her. The song being about mental health and love seems very fitting.

When she changed the line to I once gave up on myself, I felt it deeply.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

LateToCult
2 hours ago, misha4ever said:

I have the theory that she wanted to make a Jo Calderone performance but she wasn't mentally ready to leave Harley and go into Jo so that's why she was so raw in her style.

Perhaps a Jo performance as a protest to the anti-drag narrative happening in the conservative states was an idea?

Rifek

Wait. Did she actually perform in the Theatre live or that was from another room or pre-recorded? 

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

Monstermilo

i feel like she felt like she needed to do that to preserve her relationship with them, but that doesnt sit right with me, she seems so tired and i hope she isnt feeling like shes being pulled in a million directions all at once

Monstermilo
1 hour ago, Xardas said:

Well, watched this already 7 times or so and still mixed feelings. The idea itself of stripping it down was good, but in this arrangement and band she didn't deliver this song's full organic potential. Doing it in this outfit, fully a capella with the regular melody and big vocals at the end, without bad, starting laying on stage then slowly rising on her knees and then standing proud would have been much more impressive in its simplicity in my opinion. Yet, it wasn't bad. It was just a bit missed

the arrangement bothered me, it seemed like a dress rehearsal and not a tv performance. 

and idk the vocals were mehhhh - there were a lot of pitch issues, placement was all over the place, i dont like HMH, but if she wouldve sung it more like she did it on tour, i feel like it wouldve been more effective. 

Sorcerer

It was so raw and riveting. So different than expected. It was very emotional. I was scared her voice would crack, but I'm glad she still hit those high notes.

I'm glad the public loved it! It's now #3 on US iTunes!

Isn't the swap between her red carpet look and the stage look already one similar to Harley - Harleen :oprah:

Sarah H

That was gorgeous. I wasn't expecting a version like that! I actually prefer the song like this. 

bpmMonkey
1 hour ago, Rifek said:

Wait. Did she actually perform in the Theatre live or that was from another room or pre-recorded? 

Noo, she actually was there and got standing ovation, as deserved <3

giving „business-casual“ an entire new meaning 

Oriane

Looks like they insisted for her to come even though she had a busy schedule and she was like "okay I'll perform but don't expect any effort makeup or costume-wise :fthis:"

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived