Will you be watching?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be watching?

• Yes, I can't wait!
    • No, I hate good movies!

Featured Posts

Flippy

Ariel5.png

The Little Mermaid is a 2023 American musical fantasy film directed by Rob Marshall from a screenplay written by David Magee. Co-produced by Walt Disney Pictures, DeLuca Marshall, and Marc Platt Productions, it is a live-action adaptation of Disney's 1989 animated film of the same name, which itself is loosely based on the 1837 fairy tale of the same title by Hans Christian Andersen. The film stars Halle Bailey in the titular role, alongside Jonah Hauer-King, Daveed Diggs, Awkwafina, Jacob Tremblay, Noma Dumezweni, Javier Bardem, and Melissa McCarthy. The Little Mermaid follows a mermaid princess Ariel who makes a deal with a treacherous sea witch Ursula to trade her voice to human legs in order to impress Prince Eric, who is saved from a shipwreck, before the time runs out.

Plans for a remake of 1989's The Little Mermaid were confirmed in May 2016. Marshall joined the film as director in December 2017, and much of the main cast signed on from June to November 2019. Production was expected to begin in London between late March and early April 2020 but was delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Filming ultimately took place primarily at Pinewood Studios in England and in the island of Sardinia, Italy, from January to July 2021. Composer Alan Menken, who worked on the original animated film's soundtrack, returned to compose the score and write new songs alongside Lin-Manuel Miranda, who co-produced the film with Marc Platt, John DeLuca, and Marshall.

The Little Mermaid premiered at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on May 8, 2023, and is scheduled to be released theatrically in the United States on May 26, 2023, in RealD 3D, IMAX, Dolby Cinema and 4DX formats, as well as in conventional theaters.

trailers.png

Spoiler

posters.png

Spoiler

The-Little-Mermaid-official-artwork.jpgkx49lheg8t.webpThe-Little-Mermaid-29-Poster.webpunnamed-621.jpgThe-Little-Mermaid-1080x1350-Digital-PosFup-OWQs-Xo-AIdxz-U.jpg

Fun-Rz-Gwac-AA6kn-L.jpgFun-LJ8k-Xg-AEwtpv.jpg

Character Posters

Fup-Va-Ra-Ww-AAe7tw.webpFup-Vfxf-Xg-AQJup-V.webpFup-Vlye-Xg-AM766l.webpFup-Vrk5-X0-AIj-WQ.webpFup-V8-Jp-Xw-AEt-o-V.webpFup-Vxo-XWAAAck-Co.webp

dolls2.png

little-mermaid-4dx.webp

Featurettes and Clips

Spoiler

Cast-Interviews.png

Spoiler

Access Hollywood

Spoiler

Extra TV

Spoiler

GMA

Spoiler

Live Kelly & Mark

Spoiler

Screen Rant Plus

Spoiler

Collider

Spoiler

Pay or Wait

Spoiler

ETalk

Spoiler

Cocoa Kids TV

Spoiler

Soundtrack (Apple Music & Spotify)

Part of Your World Live Performance

No negativity on this thread, thank you!

This thread is for those of us who are super excited for the film. Here you can post official updates and news!

Constructive criticism is welcome, however just plain rude comments or gifs will be reported.

giphy.gif

footer.png

Edited by Flippy
TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 5

mamo

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • YAAAS 10
  • Love 3
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

• mamo changed the title to The Little Mermaid Trailer
Rahrahbitchson

Slaying. Anyone complaining about a skin color is getting reported, period

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Reality

I have a confession...I've never seen The Little Mermaid in full until literally this afternoon :giveup: 

This looks great though. I really like the visuals and Halle's voice is incredible! 

🖤👹
  • Love 1
  • Shook 2

ModernEcstasy

It looks great! But why does half the movie have to look so damn dark. Hate when that happens

COOOK

Obsessed, she's the perfect Ariel and he's the perfect Prince Eric... I can't wait!! This is gonna be incredible :giveup:

Edit: where's my Prince Eric :messga:

Edited by COOOK

Maxine Puth

Ok this actually looks really good, maybe the first live action Disney movie I’m interested in seeing when it comes out

• PartySick changed the title to The Little Mermaid (2023)
  • Flippy changed the title to The Little Mermaid (2023) - Official Thread
  • PartySick featured this topic
  • PartySick unfeatured this topic