movie

Scream VI is getting rave first reviews

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dubstep111

Yaaaaas!!! I’m so excited it’s all I think about. I’m a little nervous to go to the movies by myself but once the movie starts I’ll be good 👍 

Taco al pastor

So excited to see my Mexican queens Jenna Ortega and Melissa Barrera

Jenna Ortega IS DOING THE THING!

TEANUS

Jenna just can’t lose :firega:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Anderson123

The moment I heard the creators of Ready or Not had the rights to these movies I knew it was in good hands. I'm so happy we've gotten 2 Scream movies in 2 years and can't wait to see this one. I've been way more excited for this than the one from last year because of the New York setting and all of the promo posters and videos they've been doing. As much as I love Neve, this is a good move for the franchise. Hope they close this chapter on a 7th film with her coming back but still, the new cast has been incredible, not to mention Kirby's return and Queen Gale taking the lead on this one.

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

The moment I heard the creators of Ready or Not had the rights to these movies I knew it was in good hands. I'm so happy we've gotten 2 Scream movies in 2 years and can't wait to see this one. I've been way more excited for this than the one from last year because of the New York setting and all of the promo posters and videos they've been doing. As much as I love Neve, this is a good move for the franchise. Hope they close this chapter on a 7th film with her coming back but still, the new cast has been incredible, not to mention Kirby's return and Queen Gale taking the lead on this one.

Unpopular opinion but I'm actually glad there were some budget issues making Neve's return not possible. Not because I support her not being paid as much as she wanted but mainly because I wanted them to put a break on her character. She didn't really add anything big to the last two sequels. I feel like a break from Sidney Prescott was something that was needed to give the development the new characters need and to give Courtney Cox the focus she needed in the franchise.

The reviews seem to go in the direct of my own opinion about Scream 6 being a strong sequel that doesn't need resting on Neve Campbell's shoulders. 

Anderson123
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

Unpopular opinion but I'm actually glad there were some budget issues making Neve's return not possible. Not because I support her not being paid as much as she wanted but mainly because I wanted them to put a break on her character. She didn't really add anything big to the last two sequels. I feel like a break from Sidney Prescott was something that was needed to give the development the new characters need and to give Courtney Cox the focus she needed in the franchise.

The reviews seem to go in the direct of my own opinion about Scream 6 being a strong sequel that doesn't need resting on Neve Campbell's shoulders. 

I feel the same way about it. Whether it's all just a strategy or Neve's actual decision, I'm glad Sidney is not on this one because the franchise needs to be able to stand on it's own without her. We have so many characters on this one, I'm so excited to see what they do with all of them and finally Gale gets some spotlight, and of course Kirby. It's just a lot of characters to focus on in 2 hours.

Flippy

I’m so ready for Thursday!!!! Super excited! :giveup:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Ziggy

Yesssss this makes me so happy bc changes of settings and characters can be a gamble. Glad this one pays off

A D A M

I'm counting on the success of movie but always skeptical towards reviews. They always say "this is finally IT, great comeback, more and better etc." and it was the same with Scream 5. I hold myself from watching the movie for about a year keeping in my head all good stuff people did say about the fifth installment. When I finally watched it I felt kinda robbed, it was correct movie for a slasher but I was expecting so much more of self-awareness twist which actually never happened. But imho the 5 didn't really have a concept besides bringing a new generation into play, the new movie actually looks like it wants to serve something new and I hope its not just a setting but the plot will also keep us on toes.

Archived