đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Daisy Jones & the Six

LaFama

Featured Posts

daisy-jones-the-six.r_d.414-340.jpeg

Based on the New York Times best-selling novel of the same name, the show follows the story of (fictional) 1970s band Daisy Jones & the Six, their rise through the LA music scene and their quest for worldwide icon status. How they suddenly called it quits and how decades later, the band members agree to reveal the truth behind their breakup. 

The show premieres next week, on March 3rd on Prime Video. 

Official trailer:

Songs released so far:

Spoiler

I'm excited for this, I really enjoyed the book and loved the interview/documentary format it had. The show seems promising so far. Will you be watching? Have you read the book? Are the characters and music like you imagined? 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Never heard of this but I like it already, looks promising. Sadly I don't have prime but will definitely check out the book :holdmyhand:

Alannah

Daisy Jones & The Six has been my favorite book in the last ten years. I cannot wait to see how they interpret the book for the series. The singles dropped have been absolute bops, too. I got giddy hearing the music, tbh. They sound exactly how I imagined in the book. It's such a magical feeling!

• 2 weeks later...
kaojen

It’s out today!! This is such a good book! I’m obsessed! Can’t wait to watch tonight! 

• 4 weeks later...
LaFama

So now that the show is over I have to say that I loved it!

The acting was great and I'm glad they found a way to include the orginal interview format without slowing the pace of the show. I even think they added a little more intensity to the story that I felt the book was missing. 

The music was also pretty cool, I liked some songs better than others, but I think they did a great job recreating the sound of that period with new songs. My only complaint, idk if it's a mixing thing or what, but I think the music sounds better on the show than it does on streaming, it's like sometimes you can't barely hear the voices over the instrumentals. But the songs slap anyway :lolly:, The River and Let Me Down Easy are amazing. 

They did the characters right, but they kinda missed with Camilla, I feel like she was a lot more secure in their relationship in the book, but I guess they needed that extra drama for the show. And I liked how they gave Simone more spotlight on the show (it's been a while since I read the book, but I kinda remember her not being as present). I think everyone did a great job bringing their characters to life, specially Riley as Daisy. 

And I'm so happy they added that little extra scene at the end, got me smiling like an idiot.  

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Archived