Joshie S
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

OMGGGG I AM LISTENING NOW I LOVE LIVING IN AUSTRALIA :enigma:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • YAAAS 3

artdoll
10 hours ago, Nickolas724 said:

12 hours till Portals for us U.S hunties, let’s get exxxccitted:excited:

Yes!!! omg I'm SO EXCITED! In just an hour and a half we're gonna have Portals after nearly 4 years!!! :woohoo: :heart:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Plastic Flower

Just finished the album. This is definitely her best project. No doubt. :traumatica:

I'll listen to it a couple more times so I can give a fair rating to the songs. My favorites (apart from the singles) would be Evil, Spider Web and Womb. 

Drop it
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 2

Nickypie101
26 minutes ago, artdoll said:

Yes!!! omg I'm SO EXCITED! In just an hour and a half we're gonna have Portals after nearly 4 years!!! :woohoo: :heart:

1 hour queen! This is our time :sara:

• YAAAS 1

Nickypie101

Also I work in a mall and decided to check if Hot Topic had her merch even though online it said no, I was so happily surprised to find it! I got the Maroon crewneck and the album cover shirt! Gonna put the shirt on rn for the first listen 

Edited by Nickolas724
  • YAAAS 2

ProfessionalClown
1 hour ago, Plastic Flower said:

Just finished the album. This is definitely her best project. No doubt. :traumatica:

I'll listen to it a couple more times so I can give a fair rating to the songs. My favorites (apart from the singles) would be Evil, Spider Web and Womb. 

Evil is possibly one of her best songs to date. It feels so triumphant for her to make and such a reclamation of her name after being in such a bad relationship. 

• YAAAS 4

Flippy

Listening to the album finally :music:

Ugh, it hits different than the listening parties for sure :bradley:

Also, @artdoll, you'll be doing a megarate for this album? Or could I do it? :flutter: Either way, I'm excited :bradley:

Edited by Flippy
TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

artdoll
3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Also, @artdoll, you'll be doing a megarate for this album? Or could I do it? :flutter: Either way, I'm excited :bradley:

You can create the megarate for it! :holdmyhand: make sure to tag us all!!! :heart:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Flippy
Just now, artdoll said:

You can create the megarate for it! :holdmyhand: make sure to tag us all!!! :heart:

Yay! Will do! :giveup: Thank you so much for allowing me to do it! :flutter: And yes! I will tag everyone!

Let me start making the form! :party:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

artdoll

Okay just finished listening to it in full for the first time! :vegas:

First listen ranking:

1. Tunnel Vision
2. The Contortionist
3. Moon Cycle
4. Void
5. Death
6. Nymphology
7. Faerie Soiree
8. Light Shower
9. Evil
10. Spider Web
11. Battle of The Larynx
12. Womb
13. Leeches

(It was super hard to rank it, it was a close call for many songs. They were all so good! :messga:)

First listen notes:

I feel as if the last 50 seconds of Tunnel Vision were a bit unnecessary (I also felt that the beat drop went harder on the demo/leaked version? Otherwise it's still my favorite!) :excited:
I kinda wish Faerie Soiree's beat/melody didn't switch nearing the end. I thought it was perfect as it was but I can appreciate it.
I wish she kept the moan instead of the ow/yelp(?) at the end of each chorus in The Contortionist. (just nitpicking :ladyhaha:)
I wish the ending to Nymphology was its own song. It was SO good. :giveup:

At my most critical, some of the switch-ups and transitions were jarring or slightly confusing. Otherwise, Portals is a great album and I love the ambient sounds she included. It definitely sounds like you're in a different universe! I love how Melanie's sound has evolved but remained recognizable as her own. Portals' sound sort of reminded me of Sawayama by Rina Sawayama! :holdmyhand:

Definitely gonna give it a few more listens to really let it sink in!

This era is shaping up to be a defining moment in Mel's career for sure. This definitely feels like the start of a new chapter for her, not just sonically but artistically. :woohoo:

P.S keep in mind this is just my first listen and it's almost 3AM (:rip:) so my opinions will probably change drastically in the near future as I listen more 

• YAAAS 1

artdoll
4 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Yay! Will do! :giveup: Thank you so much for allowing me to do it! :flutter: And yes! I will tag everyone!

Let me start making the form! :party:

Of course, you're welcome! :hug: :holdmyhand:

Good luck and have fun! :vegas: :heart:

• YAAAS 1

Godmatica
8 minutes ago, artdoll said:

Okay just finished listening to it in full for the first time! :vegas:

First listen ranking:

1. Tunnel Vision
2. The Contortionist
3. Moon Cycle
4. Void
5. Death
6. Nymphology
7. Faerie Soiree
8. Light Shower
9. Evil
10. Spider Web
11. Battle of The Larynx
12. Womb
13. Leeches

Leeches and Battle of The Larynx are on my top 5 

:bradley:

Edited by Godmatica
  • YAAAS 1

• artdoll changed the title to Melanie Martinez - (PORTALS Out Now!)
artdoll
2 minutes ago, Godmatica said:

Leeches and Battle of The Larynx are on my top 5 

:bradley:

It was a SUPER close call for literally every song, I'm not gonna lie! it was so hard to even attempt ranking them. :giveup: I truly love all the songs from start to finish. That list will probably be flipped upside down within 2-3 days tbh! :ladyhaha:

• artdoll changed the title to Melanie Martinez