Madonna old fatphobic comments resurfaced

Dojo

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oriane

Love this from the comments:

"Her ruthless and negative view of others is reflected in herself and what she's done. Her true, aged self is so unacceptable to her and that's sad. Imagine hating yourself for getting old. I mean **** I don't like aging, but I don't hate myself for it."

It's true, I've realized recently that people who are very harsh and critical towards others also act the same towards themselves. People who are confident don't need to trash others to feel better about themselves. People say it was 30 years ago but I don't think she'll ever mature from this mindset, she's never shown that she has.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

7 hours ago, elijahfan said:

There are a lot of questionable and provocative things Madonna has said in her career, so I hope the virtue police is bracing itself :river: They'd probably do a cardiac arrest watching In Bed With Madonna.

madonna-savage.gif

I watched this years ago and until then thought she was ok but after bully came to mind ..

crackpoppodcast
7 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

She should have known better. Even if it was 1991, she was 31 years old and famous for almost a decade. She's not just making fun of them, she is being a bully.

Honestly, I am more concerned with the fact she slept with a minor but I don't think ya'll are ready to have that conversation. :tea:

I came here to say this exact thing, but she actually would’ve been 33 which is even worse. I can’t with the people defending her because it was 30 years ago… 33 year-olds are fully-developed and capable of making sound decisions. I’ll always find her disgusting. 

Omegahedron

All this "it was 30 years ago" ... as though everyone in the 90s was saying nasty and vituperative things like this, particularly about your fans.

4 hours ago, Economy said:

It's a really nasty comment but it was made before half of us here were even born

Let's just move on. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that after this much time she's matured her thoughts beyond this

If secretly she still thinks like this inside, I'm not surprised either tbh. Celebs have to put on this perfect image to be accepted or else be cancelled. Doesn't always mean they truly believe what they are saying fully or that they aren't hypocritical about it

In 1990/1991, she was super rude and pretentious, she definitely changed a lot after that. There are some interviews from over the years where she talks about how she was seeking for attention and being self destructive during the early 90's, that could explain her behaviour from back then... Not excusing her behaviour of course but at least she acknowledged having problems during that time of her life

Guillaume Hamon
7 hours ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

t's the way some people here are way too quick to defend Madonna and bend over backwards for her is what's confusing me. 

Similar stuffs from stars none of us care for here got a different reaction on GGD indeed. Everybody commented on how mean it was and a few comments wished they changed. 

Since it's Madonna most comments are saying "back off, it's old! Don't be ridiculous!". :ladyhaha:

The bias is huge.

You know what pisses me off the most? It’s not Madonna or her terrible personality. It’s the mother****ers who demand that we all kiss the ground she walks on. I don’t owe this bitch a damn thing lmao 

RenegAde
9 hours ago, ssslyboy said:

Madonna really benefited from being pre-internet, pre-Twitter, etc when she was at her peak.  Anyone making a comment like that today would be immediately cancelled.

Honestly 80% of our icons today would not survive today's social climate.

Better Day
3 minutes ago, Emvee said:

You know what pisses me off the most? It’s not Madonna or her terrible personality. It’s the mother****ers who demand that we all kiss the ground she walks on. I don’t owe this bitch a damn thing lmao 

There would have been a sexual revolution in pop music with or without Madonna. She just happened to capitalize on it the most because she was white, semi-pretty, and had the backing of good producers. 

She literally did the sexual revolution in music and turned up 100%, and near enough gave her career up for it. Even after the controversy of the Erotica album, S3X book and Body Evidence. She brought out a track on her “I’m sorry” album slamming the critics and not saying sorry. No other artist was doing it like Madonna in the 90s 

Together You And I!

Future Lovers

The Madonna of today would--and explicitly has--criticized and hated this version of herself. 

1991, the year Truth or Dare came out, is the peak of Madonna at her rudest. She was one year away from being incredibly humbled by her career almost ending due to the Erotica debacle. As the 90s progressed, she found Kabbalah and mysticism, she became a mother, she completely reorganized herself and her priorities. The Madonna that existed from the start of her career to about the mid 90s no longer exists and hasn't for quite some time. 

A few years back at an anniversary screening of Truth or Dare, she spoke afterwards about being disgusted at her own behavior that was depicted which was how she acted at the time. She would agree with everyone here that it was a deplorable thing to say as were many of the things she said at this time. 

But to hold someone to the character flaws they possessed 30 years ago, completely ignoring the learning, growing, and changing (and make no mistake, openly criticizing your own behavior is reflective of personal growth and change) is counterproductive to further growth. People make mistakes, say and do things that they shouldn't have. That's a part of life. 

What's important is that they learn from it and move forward, and she has, regardless of what some people here who thrive off of being bitter in every thread that doesn't have to do with Gaga would like to have you believe. 

Wow i was expecting rude and arrogant but thats a whole other level of mean. But most people dont think like that anymore, this def the mindset of some years ago but the way she said it was particularly nasty. She does it on purpose just to provoke.

the reality its these mentality that leads to do non ending plástic surgery 

Archived