đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What do you think about Smile by Katy Perry?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Better Day

Thank you for reminding me this album exists, might give it a listen later

Together You And I!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
huttont

I think it would’ve been more successful and memorable if she didn’t do the whole circus theme. I don’t dislike any of the songs but the visuals and sound of the album aren’t cohesive to me. So I find it forgettable.

holy scheisse

I like the melodrama of Daisies. And I like the vibe of Cry about it later. NRO is also a good song. 

im not a big Katy fan in the slightest but she always has a few songs each album that I can’t deny are bops

SimonBaetens

I love a lot of songs on there: Tucked, Harleys, Champagne Problems, Never Really Over, Cry About I Later and End Of The World are really strong I think. But the title track is absolutely horrible, on par with Birthday, like yikes, who the hell makes songs like that and thinks: we’ll make it a single! And there’s too many slow songs that don’t do much for me. Daisies was a BIG letdown as well. So the album has its moments but feels badly curated and as a result of that, it is unbalanced and not consistent.

skedaddleBItCh

Underrated album

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

CatelynnMarie

It’s my fave after Witness. Then I think I’d say OOTB takes third. Smile is such a cute album & has bops. Also I’m sorry but hello???? Cry About It Later??? The song AND animated visual?! The artist who did that video is amazing omg. Such a bop. Tucked. HARLEYS IN HAWAII omg I’m not even a Katy STAN like that & I will NEVER be really OVER  how everyone did that song dirty. Lots of great shots for the video also. It’s a whole vibe. It’s a cute album that I love a lot of the songs from and it makes me, idk almost want to hug Katy since this was when she was pregnant. That’s such a big moment in someone’s life and when I listen to the album, I’ll think about that era and it just makes ME smile, because of that and being happy for her 

Cody James

I really like Only Love. It makes me happy sad and reminds me of my falling out with my family. 

Smother Em Eh

I thought it was a good album but kinda generic and not really diving into a new sound. It did kinda sound like another TD/ Prism 2.0 as someone said above. She does a great job for delivering good pop music though! I just wish she would dive into a different aesthetic and sound. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Chromatography
On 2/9/2023 at 3:18 AM, CatelynnMarie said:

It’s my fave after Witness. Then I think I’d say OOTB takes third. Smile is such a cute album & has bops. Also I’m sorry but hello???? Cry About It Later??? The song AND animated visual?! The artist who did that video is amazing omg. Such a bop. Tucked. HARLEYS IN HAWAII omg I’m not even a Katy STAN like that & I will NEVER be really OVER  how everyone did that song dirty. Lots of great shots for the video also. It’s a whole vibe. It’s a cute album that I love a lot of the songs from and it makes me, idk almost want to hug Katy since this was when she was pregnant. That’s such a big moment in someone’s life and when I listen to the album, I’ll think about that era and it just makes ME smile, because of that and being happy for her 

prism and TD are your least favorite albums?

CatelynnMarie
19 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

prism and TD are your least favorite albums?

yeah. definitely don't hate them or anything though. absolute BOPS on both that i love so much (ET, Circle the Drain, California Gurls. Legendary Lovers, International Smile, Dark Horse + more :giveup:). 

Archived