Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

David Bowie producer hits out at claims that Harry Styles is the 'new Bowie'

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Tony Visconti, the producer of many of David Bowie's albums, has hit out at comparisons between Harry Styles and Bowie.

The hitmaker, who collaborated with Bowie for much of his career, took umbrage with the comparisons after the Grammy Awards on Sunday night.

Visconti wrote on Facebook: “Someone just told me that Harry Styles is the new Bowie? From what I saw tonight he’s not worthy of shining his shoes.

Visconti and Bowie first worked together in 1969 and collaborated on 10 albums in total including Bowie's last album Blackstar which was released just days before his death in 2016. Bowie won six Grammy awards over the course of his career from 17 nominations, receiving a lifetime achievement award in 2006.
source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another bitter gay in the basket:ororomunroe:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

AnglerfishbraBENUS

not sure who said that - also not sure why Tony is so angry lol

why not ‘God i hope he’s the next Bowie! We need more Bowies in the world.’ ?

Roughhouse Dandy

Oof. I mean he's right but did we need to say it on Michelle Obama's internet?

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

bionic

He's right and he shouldn't be ashamed to say it. Harry hasn't reached the artistry Bowie did. Wearing your granny's dresses isn't art.

buy bionic

monstertoronto

Wasn’t Harry supposed to be the new Mick Jagger at one point? These comparisons are not it. 

Ladle Ghoulash
27 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

not sure who said that - also not sure why Tony is so angry lol

why not ‘God i hope he’s the next Bowie! We need more Bowies in the world.’ ?

Because Harry truly isn't anywhere near Bowie's caliber of talent, creativity, or inventiveness 

RAMROD

Who even said that, embarrassing for them tbh, like... :ororomunroe:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

spector
39 minutes ago, bionic said:

Wearing your granny's dresses isn't art.

i cackled :billie:

stella + elliot = stelliot

As someone who's been here since "Lady Gaga is the new Madonna", I find it so discomforting how old people in the industry treat new (or new-ish) artists so aggressively, there's many other ways he could've put that. Btw I'm not comparing Harry to Gaga and I also don't think we can compare him to Bowie, I'm just talking about the condescending tone the producer used.

Real Housewives What GIF by PeacockTV

This sounds kinda made up because no one on their right mind would compare the tiktok soundtrack man to an actual legend :glamourpuss:

Its not a fedora u f*ck

43 minutes ago, bionic said:

He's right and he shouldn't be ashamed to say it. Harry hasn't reached the artistry Bowie did. Wearing your granny's dresses isn't art.

I agree. maybe harry has talent, but the comparison to Bowie is not relevant at all. maybe Harry will grow to new dimensions, we can't tell yet. Bowie wrote, composed, produced, had many layers of vocals, was funk, theater, rock, dark, light and I can go on and on... Bowie had a lifetime. Harry is young...

Archived