Nintendo Direct [Feb 8 @ 2pm PST]

alsemanche

Featured Posts

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bionic said:

6 years is not an acceptable life cycle toe

it was always 5-7 years in between consoles, the shortest was ps4 pro and ps5, almost 3 years in between.

Wii and wii u is 6 years, wii u and switch 5 years

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Phaye Monster

TOTK being more expensive than usual
 maybe preorders are coming with a figure or something?

Or maybe the game is just bigger than the first one? Crazy

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, Phaye Monster said:

It seems to be general price hike that might be start with TOTK. 

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

28 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

OMG?

this page is like 4 years old, wario is resurfing it for the money :ororomunroe:

but yeah news might come today anyway but I don't expect pre-orders, this might be next gen release title, I think 1-3 collection is more likely to come out this year, even as a shadow drop today

bionic
24 minutes ago, Phaye Monster said:

inflation babes

buy bionic

3 hours ago, bionic said:

6 years is not an acceptable life cycle toe

The Switch released in March 2017, by the time they clear out the remaining high profile releases, it'll be nearly 7 years old, which is actually a VERY lengthy life cycle for a modern console. Especially one with hardware aging as rapidly as the Switch, it has done incredibly well, people really connected with it. 

For the Direct today, I expect the majority to be third party stuff, some Zelda TotC info, maybe an update on Advance Wars, they'll probably do a trailer for the new Kirby remake. It's pretty soon after release, so I don't expect any info on Fire Emblem Engage DLC Pack 2 quite yet. The remaining big releases are Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime 4 - I believe we're far more likely to get info on Pikmin today. I would agree that new Pokémon info will probably be shared in a dedicated Pokémon Direct.

Wild card picks - A remastered F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime Trilogy, or a new expansion for the NSO service. 

7 minutes ago, Fiendman said:

Pikmin 4

I believe pikmin is next gen title at this point and will move to 2034, they mentioned that you'll be able to play from the Pikmin's perspective and the isometric view, I believe that the switch is too weak to handle these 2 features in a proper way, especially when Pikmin has a very detailed and heavy environment.

2 minutes ago, River said:

I believe pikmin is next gen title at this point and will move to 2034, they mentioned that you'll be able to play from the Pikmin's perspective and the isometric view, I believe that the switch is too weak to handle these 2 features in a proper way, especially when Pikmin has a very detailed and heavy environment.

With Nintendo, everything is a possibility but they did announce that Pikmin 4 was launching on Switch, it wouldn't be characteristic of them to move it to an entirely new console. They could so a dual launch like BotW, but I believe for better or worse, it'll be on Switch as we have it now. The console has such a massive install base, I think it would be a mistake to put a niche game like Pikmin as a next-gen exclusive. 

bionic
17 minutes ago, Fiendman said:

The Switch released in March 2017, by the time they clear out the remaining high profile releases, it'll be nearly 7 years old, which is actually a VERY lengthy life cycle for a modern console. Especially one with hardware aging as rapidly as the Switch, it has done incredibly well, people really connected with it. 

For the Direct today, I expect the majority to be third party stuff, some Zelda TotC info, maybe an update on Advance Wars, they'll probably do a trailer for the new Kirby remake. It's pretty soon after release, so I don't expect any info on Fire Emblem Engage DLC Pack 2 quite yet. The remaining big releases are Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime 4 - I believe we're far more likely to get info on Pikmin today. I would agree that new Pokémon info will probably be shared in a dedicated Pokémon Direct.

Wild card picks - A remastered F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime Trilogy, or a new expansion for the NSO service. 

I don't like it :neyde: 

buy bionic

bionic
10 minutes ago, River said:

Do you mea 2024 :gum: 

buy bionic

Just now, bionic said:

Do you mea 2024 :gum: 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF

inb4 just a TOTK teaser and announcing a specific direct for it in like March.

Not expecting Pokemon to be mentioned at all, with Pokemon Day upcoming we'll get **** then.  MAYBE they'll mention Pokemon Presents for Pokemon Day, but that'd be it.

XC3 DLC news is probably a given, otherwise I'm unsure what else we'll see, 40 minutes sounds like a lot but given how these presentations usually go it never is as much as it sounds

Archived