💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

LA Times: "Beyoncé should never attend another Grammy Awards"

COOOK

Featured Posts

moonsago

The nerve, so tired of people acting like she’s the only artist that matters. Harry’s album was far more succesful than hers and was not made by an entire town, giving us desperation to create a hit. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lady siwa

this women literally did nothing but go to an award show, her fans said some stupid sh*t, and now you’re all dragging her for what????

Guillaume Hamon

I mean no artist should attend the Grammys since they shown their pile of biases ( racial/ music genre wise/ sales oriented ) multiple times.

Chlorine Sevigny

Regardless of your opinions, this is a shocking fact:

a mere three Black women — Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston and Lauryn Hill — have won album of the year in the Grammys’ 65 years.

Yes, Beyoncé is the most Grammy awarded artist of all time. Yes, the Grammys still has a race problem. Both are true. 

JazzGa

She only has the MOST Grammys of all time, and that's not good enough for Bey? :saladga: Lol okay

The "Big 4" categories are so stupidly overvalued. Getting one more speshul golden statue of a horn is not that important when she already has 30 other golden statues of horns :saladga:

I hope this media campaign backfires cuz Beyonce needs another Grammy like I need a third armpit :saladga: 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Chlorine Sevigny
6 hours ago, moonsago said:

The nerve, so tired of people acting like she’s the only artist that matters. Harry’s album was far more succesful than hers and was not made by an entire town, giving us desperation to create a hit. 

Beyoncé's vision is so much bigger than Harry's, and to be honest so much bigger than any popular artist today. Her cultural impact is unmatched, and her collaboration is part of that. Y'all love to romanticize a few people sitting in a room making an album like it's the only way to create something of worth. Think bigger. 

Whitney Houston is considered one of the greatest voices and artists of all time, and didn't ever put pen to paper. Her gift was her voice. Beyoncé has that gift + writing + dancing + creative control + cultural shifting significance + the list goes on.

But... we're happy someone like Harry got this opportunity. It's about time mediocre white men got their seat at the table. 

5 minutes ago, JazzGa said:

She only has the MOST Grammys of all time, and that's not good enough for Bey?

As far as I know she has not opened her mouth. All this mess is because of the media and fanbases

DelusionalGaga

I know this might be an unpopular opinion here but I think they're kinda right. Beyoncé may have been awarded the most Grammys but a big part of them are either for R&B or Urban and we all know what that means. Each year, everyone spends the whole ceremony praising her to heavens, only to snub her in the major categories. The hosts and the guests all talk about how influential Beyoncé was to them, and have to feel bad for her in the end. I think it's uncomfortable for everyone involved and downright humiliating for Bey. Each time she has been nominated for AOTY she lost to a white artist with a less relevant record (except Fearless). At this point she should stop attending the Grammys or submitting music altogether, since the voting body is clearly not appreciating her work. 

17 minutes ago, Frank Potion said:

Regardless of your opinions, this is a shocking fact:

a mere three Black women — Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston and Lauryn Hill — have won album of the year in the Grammys’ 65 years.

Yes, Beyoncé is the most Grammy awarded artist of all time. Yes, the Grammys still has a race problem. Both are true. 

Nobody here is going to care about this unfortunately. There is a clear bigger story when it comes to race gender and the Grammys, but I guess people can’t get past their jealousy of how popular she actually is. I tried to have this same convo about the Oscars snubbing black actresses this season. People were coming at me saying it couldn’t possibly have to do with race because Viola has not only been nominated but won before. It’s almost like they think racism exists in a vacuum and can only function in specific negative ways they can physically see and understand. It’s so much bigger than that. 

moonsago
2 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Beyoncé's vision is so much bigger than Harry's, and to be honest so much bigger than any popular artist today. Her cultural impact is unmatched, and her collaboration is part of that. Y'all love to romanticize a few people sitting in a room making an album like it's the only way to create something of worth. Think bigger. 

Whitney Houston is considered one of the greatest voices and artists of all time, and didn't ever put pen to paper. Her gift was her voice. Beyoncé has that gift + writing + dancing + creative control + cultural shifting significance + the list goes on.

But... we're happy someone like Harry got this opportunity. It's about time mediocre white men got their seat at the table. 

Her team’s vision*, and no, I don’t accept criticism on that because if you need a town to make a song, that means your capabilities are limited. Period. And yes, adopting the new popular & important social issue with every new album is indeed... something. Feminism, BLM and now the queer community to have said ‘cultural impact’ and constantly pandering to a new demographic is indeed notable and worthy of praise. Girl please, some of us see right through it all. And before you think that I believe she doesn’t actually care about any of those issues, that’s not true, I’m sure she does but to not notice a pattern here is ridiculous, it’s very obvious what her marketing tactic is. And about her ‘writing’... we’ve heard about that too. I will never take away from her the fact that she is an incredible singer and performer, the best in the western market, but some of the atributes you guys give her are a major strech. And I don’t get the Whitney comparisson... did I say Beyonce was completely untalented and undeserving of any kind of recognition? No, I said she’s not THE ONLY artist that matters. Also, narrowing Harry down to just a ‘white man’ and dismissing his talent and actual contributions to his work just because of his skin color, as if that would be a determining factor as to how he couldn’t possibly create a better/more liked body of work, therefore is undeserving, is problematic but okay. 

RenegAde
3 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

I know this might be an unpopular opinion here but I think they're kinda right. Beyoncé may have been awarded the most Grammys but a big part of them are either for R&B or Urban and we all know what that means. Each year, everyone spends the whole ceremony praising her to heavens, only to snub her in the major categories. The hosts and the guests all talk about how influential Beyoncé was to them, and have to feel bad for her in the end. I think it's uncomfortable for everyone involved and downright humiliating for Bey. Each time she has been nominated for AOTY she lost to a white artist with a less relevant record (except Fearless). At this point she should stop attending the Grammys or submitting music altogether, since the voting body is clearly not appreciating her work. 

Beyonce seemed anything but humiliated when she gave her teary acceptance speech for being the most grammy awarded artist of all time , this is not about  beyonce but about you "fans" and your irrelevant ego. She didn't win, she's not the only deserving artist and she recognizes that, everyone recogizes that except her loud and annoying fans.

Archived