💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What other artists have never won AOTY

monstertoronto

Featured Posts

monstertoronto

I keep reading articles about how Beyoncé was robbed of the AOTY. Beyond the fact that I personally think Harry deserved it, I’m frustrated that the tenor of these articles is that it should be a given that everyone should agree that Beyoncé deserved it. I personally did not enjoy Renaissance. I know a lot of people who did not like it. To me it sort of appeared and then faded. Obviously that’s just my experience and I know that a lot of people love and cherish this album. But who is anyone to declare that there’s only one “right” answer.  

Also, where is this narrative when it comes to Gaga. Gaga has also been nominated 4 times for AOTY and lost every time. Same number of times as Beyoncé. To me, Gaga is at least as deserving of this honour and so overdue.  When she didn’t win last year and it went to Jon Batiste, whose album most people hadn’t even heard of, there was no mass media outrage. Gaga has a fraction of the Grammys that Beyoncé has, so Beyonce is still better off, but there’s still so much outrage. 

And Madonna. If we’re talking about legacy and impact I don’t think anyone beats her in the pop world for that, including Beyonce.  But she’s barely been nominated for AOTY or any Grammys at all. She has been done so dirty by the Grammys. Where’s the outrage for her?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think it’s a bit much that the narrative seems to be always putting Beyoncé on this pedestal and I think there’s other artists who are there with her too. 

PartySick

First, I'd like to say that anyone who puts so much stock in these silly little awards that they get upset about Beyonce, Gaga, or anyone else getting snubbed needs to take a deep breath :laughga:

Celebrate the wins. It's nice when an artist you like wins and gets a bit of cute recognition. I'm happy Harry won 'cause I love his album and him as a person :flutter: but if he had lost? Would I care? Nope. 'Cause a trophy changes nothing when it comes to how iconic, culturally important, entertaining, etc an artist is.

Second, THE FACT THAT GAGA'S NEVER WON IS A CRIME :grr:

🖤

bionic
Just now, PartySick said:

First, I'd like to say that anyone who puts so much stock in these silly little awards that they get upset about Beyonce, Gaga, or anyone else getting snubbed needs to take a deep breath :laughga:

Celebrate the wins. It's nice when an artist you like wins and gets a bit of cute recognition. I'm happy Harry won 'cause I love his album and him as a person :flutter: but if he had lost? Would I care? Nope. 'Cause a trophy changes nothing when it comes to how iconic, culturally important, entertaining, etc an artist is.

Second, THE FACT THAT GAGA'S NEVER WON IS A CRIME :grr:

Lets get tickets to see his show icon :vegas: 

buy bionic

PartySick
1 minute ago, bionic said:

Lets get tickets to see his show icon :vegas: 

I'll get my chicken nuggets ready to throw on stage :legend:

I would actually really love to see him. He radiates such a pure positivity imo, I bet his shows are so fun to go to :bradley:

🖤

bionic
  • ABBA – not a single Grammy. Their nomination last year was their first EVER nomination.
  • Diana Ross – not a single Grammy outside of Lifetime Achievement awards
  • Queen – never won a Grammy other than Lifetime Achievement award
  • Cher – only won 1 Grammy for "Believe" (best dance recording)
buy bionic

PartySick
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Diana Ross – not a single Grammy outside of Lifetime Achievement awards

I-

I had no idea...why are we not talking about this crime? :messga:

🖤

bionic
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I-

I had no idea...why are we not talking about this crime? :messga:

13 nominations, 0 wins. So much fr Taylor Swift's lucky number :neyde: 

buy bionic

PartySick
1 minute ago, bionic said:

13 nominations, 0 wins. So much fr Taylor Swift's lucky number :neyde: 

If you needed any more proof that Grammy awards truly mean nothing, it's this :messga:

🖤

monstertoronto
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'll get my chicken nuggets ready to throw on stage :legend:

I would actually really love to see him. He radiates such a pure positivity imo, I bet his shows are so fun to go to :bradley:

I saw his show in Toronto and he was truly amazing, super positive and fun and everyone had an amazing time. 

monstertoronto
12 minutes ago, bionic said:
  • ABBA – not a single Grammy. Their nomination last year was their first EVER nomination.
  • Diana Ross – not a single Grammy outside of Lifetime Achievement awards
  • Queen – never won a Grammy other than Lifetime Achievement award
  • Cher – only won 1 Grammy for "Believe" (best dance recording)

These are insane. The fact that Abba, Diana Ross and queen never won even ONE Grammy!  And Cher only won for that one song so late in her career. Truly crazy. With stories like that, and beyonce literally has won the most Grammys ever, how can people still be so mad?

monstertoronto
Just now, Vanitas said:

Charli Xcx… for her to not win or even not be nominated at least i a hate crime! 

I loved Crash too. It should have been nominated for pop vocal album. 

2 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I loved Crash too. It should have been nominated for pop vocal album. 

I saw the crash tour live in march 2022. I have just been to all Gaga concerts, never saw another artist than Gaga. But after the first listen of CRASH I knew it was my DESTINY to see this sh*t! And I fell in love with her and been obsessed with her ever since. 

StrawberryBlond

I present this list to act as a bit of perspective...

Major names who have NEVER won a Grammy

Bob Marley - 0 noms (except a Lifetime Achievement award)

Queen - 0 noms (except a few songs in the Grammy Hall of Fame and Lifetime Achievement Award)

Jennifer Lopez - 2 noms

Miley Cyrus - 2 noms

Kate Bush - 3 noms

ABBA - 5 noms

Lana Del Rey - 6 noms

Florence + The Machine - 7 noms

Avril Lavigne - 8 noms

Nicki Minaj - 10 noms

Katy Perry - 13 noms

Diana Ross - 13 noms

Bjork - 16 noms

Snoop Dogg - 17 noms

Major names who have very few Grammys

Kylie - 1

Britney Spears - 1

Lil Kim - 1

Cher - 1

Ariana Grande - 2

Justin Bieber - 2

Shakira - 3

The Weeknd - 4

So, yes, to act like losing AOTY is the worst thing in the world when your fave already has a ton of other awards, (and has been gaining them frequently for years) while other artists who are also highly commercially successful and influential are left out in the cold, is a bit of an overreaction.

monstertoronto
1 hour ago, Vanitas said:

I saw the crash tour live in march 2022. I have just been to all Gaga concerts, never saw another artist than Gaga. But after the first listen of CRASH I knew it was my DESTINY to see this sh*t! And I fell in love with her and been obsessed with her ever since. 

I also went to see this tour! It exceeded my expectations I had the best time there. So good! 

Archived