💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Beyonce’s Grammy snubs go viral

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy

It's not that she isn't getting grammys, it's that despite reliably dropping worthy projects, she somehow never makes it in the top awards of the night. She gets herself a flower or two, just not the bouquet. As for the "she'll be fine" "she's got enough" "give other artists a chance" etc etc etc.... yeah, she'll be fine without them BUT these aren't participation trophies and it's obvious if someone other than her dropped Lemonade or Renaissance, they'd completely sweep. But is whatever. We're still blessed with the music. Just dance y'all (gonna be okay) :ally:

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

I will say it’s a bit ridiculous that Self-Titled didn’t snatch the award it’s year. However, that doesn’t mean every nomination not resulting in a win since then has been a snub. Lemonade and Renaissance just didn’t deserve it the way Self-Titled did, so until she releases an album with the impact, success, and quality of it, she’s not actively being snubbed in that category (or any in my opinion but that’s a different discussion)

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

TEANUS
20 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

it's obvious if someone other than her dropped Lemonade or Renaissance, they'd completely sweep.

This couldn’t be less true. I happen to believe these albums would have gotten less noms had they not been Beyoncé albums. Grammy’s have historically been strict about artists and their associations in the genre categories, but somehow she’s always allowed to compete wherever the music she released that year fits. Whereas other versatile artists are always pushed into their “normal” category and sometimes snubbed because the material then doesn’t fit the best in said “normal” category 

TEANUS
18 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Y'all are messy. She won scraps category, and always get shut out from the main 4 awards in the last 4 albums she did and nominated for. And this is the issue for everyone who protesting. 

But this just isn’t true :ladyhaha:

A quick look at her wiki shows that she’s been nominated for ROTY 5 times, SOTY 4 times, AOTY 4 times (5 with TFM), and has won countless awards in visual categories. Just cause you’re nominated a lot doesn’t mean you should win at some point. Look at Gaga’s history in the main categories or Diane Warren st the Oscars and you’ll see a whole different level of snubbing

In my book, Self-Titled is the only slbum where she’s been truly snubbed in the main categories 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i mean - it always feels like Beyoncé is the first person to tell you her album is AOTY especially with a title like Renaissance. i think she needs to let the music speak for itself a little more. 

i’d rather feel like she’s the GOAT than be told 

North Country Guy
2 minutes ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i mean - it always feels like Beyoncé is the first person to tell you her album is AOTY especially with a title like Renaissance. i think she needs to let the music speak for itself a little more. 

i’d rather feel like she’s the GOAT than be told 

I am not even a Beyonce fan but I think she clearly let the music speak for itself with Renaissance, pretty much everyone agrees it was a better album than Harry's House.

Great deeds will be no less valiant though they go unpraised

bionic
17 hours ago, Teletubby said:

he needs to collab with Taylor
FoQVA8dWQAEY3Jw?format=jpg&name=large

I can't imagine Taylor ever allowing a full Spanish verse on her songs

buy bionic

Teletubby
35 minutes ago, bionic said:

I can't imagine Taylor ever allowing a full Spanish verse on her songs

why? she is a Latina now

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

bionic
5 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

why? she is a Latina now

scarlett johannson/emma stone vibes

buy bionic

Renaissance is just another dance album that even Rihanna would say "me? I'm not singing this generic pop music":ororomunroe:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Sneaky Oliver
21 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Can we stop ruining peoples moments every year because beyonce didn't win album of the year, a lot of deserving artist who won last night are having their moments  overshadowed by this mess because a bunch of delusional fans feel like their favourite artist must get an award that she wasnt even the most deserving in the first place . She won three awards people, get over it. all categories matter.

I think the main issue is she has been losing the AOTY award year after year after year even with HUGE records like self-titled and Lemonade. I don't think people are mad because of Renaissance alone. I think her past two records did deserve the award over Beck and Adele. The Beyoncé album was truly ground-breaking for the industry. If she only had won that Grammy before, losing this one would be okay.

Gaga, on the other hand, has also lost AOTY 4x times but even though I'm a Gaga stan, I think that's pretty understandable since the other nominees had more deserving records.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Roughhouse Dandy
1 hour ago, TEANUS said:

This couldn’t be less true. I happen to believe these albums would have gotten less noms had they not been Beyoncé albums. Grammy’s have historically been strict about artists and their associations in the genre categories, but somehow she’s always allowed to compete wherever the music she released that year fits. Whereas other versatile artists are always pushed into their “normal” category and sometimes snubbed because the material then doesn’t fit the best in said “normal” category 

It's all just a case of opinions upon opinions I guess. You see a system working for her and I see one working against her 🤷🏽‍♀️

Emigrante
1 hour ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

It's not that she isn't getting grammys, it's that despite reliably dropping worthy projects, she somehow never makes it in the top awards of the night. She gets herself a flower or two, just not the bouquet. As for the "she'll be fine" "she's got enough" "give other artists a chance" etc etc etc.... yeah, she'll be fine without them BUT these aren't participation trophies and it's obvious if someone other than her dropped Lemonade or Renaissance, they'd completely sweep. But is whatever. We're still blessed with the music. Just dance y'all (gonna be okay) :ally:

If someone else dropped Lemonade or Renaissance? Then it wouldn’t have such a success as it had. Beyoncé gets everything, cause well.. she’s Beyoncé.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Roughhouse Dandy
2 minutes ago, The Powerpuff Girl said:

If someone else dropped Lemonade or Renaissance? Then it wouldn’t have such a success as it had. Beyoncé gets everything, cause well.. she’s Beyoncé.

Everything except AOTY despite dropping several AOTY's

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, 4th Street said:

I am not even a Beyonce fan but I think she clearly let the music speak for itself with Renaissance, pretty much everyone agrees it was a better album than Harry's House.

because it wasn’t a visual album? lol

Archived