💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Harry Styles' Harry’s House wins AOTY

Teletubby

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

why are you so opposed to people having different opinions, not everyone thinks the same. i respect your right to like the album, but i also have the right to voice my opinion that i dont like renaissance. like ive said, ive liked beyonces other work, this just wasnt my cup of tea and i am free to voice my opinion seeing as this is a forum, kinda the point of this website

You don't get the point. Having different opinions is healthy and great, but saying things like "beyonce stans can stay pressed"... Not much

Congrats to both Harry and Bey, they both smashed yesterday :tony:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
25 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Yaaassss! He deserved it. This album was a massive success, it elevated him to a new level, it was number one for a while and hung around the top ten for ages. I really think it made more impact than any other album because it vastly expanded his fanbase, and solidified his status as the main pop boy.  Adele and beyonces albums obviously did well but I don’t think it changed the narrative for either of them.  Harry deserved. 

tbh its a shame as it was didn't win a nom in its own right because its a banger of a song

buy bionic

KingRedd
6 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

why are you so opposed to people having different opinions, not everyone thinks the same. i respect your right to like the album, but i also have the right to voice my opinion that i dont like renaissance. like ive said, ive liked beyonces other work, this just wasnt my cup of tea and i am free to voice my opinion seeing as this is a forum, kinda the point of this website

The point of this website isn’t to bash, discredit, and promote bitterness. You’ve stated that you don’t like Beyoncé and Or renaissance. Do you feel the need to state this EVERY time she is brought up? You REALLLY want us to know that you don’t like renaissance and I assure you. . . We know. You’ve accomplished your goal. Time to move on. 

May I Read You? 😎

When you look through the list of recipients of AOTY it totally fits Lmao 

As soon as I found out Harry Styles was nominated, I knew who was most likely to win.

StrawberryBlond

This album isn't for me but regardless, I think whoever wins is always a good indication of how the academy operated each year. Are they going for commercial or the diamond in the rough indie act? Are they factoring in performance of singles? Is it a new act or an industry legend? Are they young or old? What is becoming abundantly clear is that, what with the new rule of AOTY whereby everyone who played a part in this album gets a trophy if they win is helping to show up just how many people were involved per album. And, from what we've seen is that the academy are favouring albums that have a small amount of people behind them. They're preferring albums where the singer is the songwriter and playing their own instruments and has a very small amount of co-writers. Just them, a handful of other writers and some engineers, basically. Even before this new rule was in place, they were all about those traditional singer/songwriter albums with few writers, features and samples, like Adele's, Billie's and Taylor's most recent wins. It helps to have a classic throwback sound, as well. The Grammys have been loving throwback funk sounds lately. I remember when the new "everyone gets a trophy" rule came about, a few GGD members were saying that there's less incentive to give it to an album with a massive team behind it because the amount of money it would cost to produce all those trophies would be uneconomical, what with all the many other trophies they already give out. I don't know, I just find it interesting.

memomemome
16 hours ago, andy232000 said:

This could also have been a typical vote splitting case. Beyonce and Adele split the voters leaving the path wide open 

This tbh. I can see that he got a lot of Alternative and Country-Singer-Songwriter crowd. While pop urban splitting their votes (already too crowded) 

PartySick
16 hours ago, SevenWonder said:

OT: I'm so happy for Lizzo for ROTY. She's so dang refreshing and upbeat and genuine. I wasn't a fan until this last album and now I just love her.

I didn't know Lizzo won ROTY!

Aww, two of my faves walking away with the recognition they deserve :wub:

🖤

monstertoronto
4 hours ago, bionic said:

tbh its a shame as it was didn't win a nom in its own right because its a banger of a song

I think as it was deserved to win something too but tbh is really happy lizzo took record of the year. Her song was also amazing and she deserves a big win too imo

PartySick
3 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I think as it was deserved to win something too but tbh is really happy lizzo took record of the year. Her song was also amazing and she deserves a big win too imo

Plus I need a proper collab from them since their infectiously positive energies mesh SO WELL together :bradley:

🖤

loathereality

good for him, congratulations

he is working hard, has an artistic vision and i am so ready for the next eras from him

I don't respect the grammy's in terms of who deserves it or not. I would have given it to renaissance, that album is unparalleled. 

Archived