💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Diplo discredits Beyonce Grammy win

Kimmo

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I think what's getting some people's backs up is the fact that some albums and their respective tracks aren't all put under the same genre. I remember it was always the way that once the Grammys decide what kind of artist you are, that's where all your music gets nominated, even if you try a completely different genre. I mean, didn't Taylor have to do make a big statement when she released 1989 that this was a pop record and that she didn't want to be put into country categories anymore by any awards committees? Lana keeps getting put into pop categories, even though I consider her to be alternative. Justin also called out the Grammys for putting his Changes album under pop because he stated that his aim was to create an RnB record. Kacey Musgraves wanted her Starcrossed album to be considered country but the academy considered it more pop, submitted her songs under pop and wouldn't nominate the album under country. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what genre you submit your work under, the academy will decide if your assessment is correct or not. But lately, I've seen songs on albums that experiment with several genres get nominated across different genre categories (though this doesn't hold true for all artists). I can see why this would annoy artists who do this genre 24/7 and are a real pro at it and then an artist who's just trying this genre out comes along, gets one of the coveted nomination spots that would normally go to you and then wins.

But despite this, I still don't think the academy is wrong for recognising now that not all songs on an album are necessarily a cohesive genre and are submitting them under much more accurate categories. Because it must also be annoying to really commit to another genre and give it your all and the academy still stubbornly keep you in a box because they can't see you as anything other than the genre you made your name with.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sinfullota
2 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Sorry, is there a money shortage in the music industry where Beyoncé is the only one who can afford to buy awards? If they are bought anyone could do it. Please just sit this one out Britney stan. 😭

A lot of people in the industry have already exposed the Grammys to be corrupt, so you might wanna take that seat first!

RAMROD
15 hours ago, ELECTROHEART said:

He 100% said this lmao :rip:

But hey :ally: he's not the only one who thinks that

11 hours ago, Monstermilo said:

oh please, he aint the only one who thinks bey is bribing grammy voters 

shes won a lot of awards that she shouldnt have, for instance when meg the stallion shouldve won for her solo version of savage but bey had to hop on to get a grammy when their remix version only charted for a week or two lmao - megs solo version was charting for so many weeks without beyonce - nobody even plays the remix version lol

beys so obsessed with breaking records and she will do whatever it takes to do it, its giving inauthentic 

2 hours ago, Sinfullota said:

He is right though. Beyonce has bought so many awards. The fact that she has more Grammys than Celine, Mariah, Whitney, Madonna and Janet combined speaks volumes.

Also didn't Kanye spill years ago that Beyonce told the VMA's she'd only perform if she'd get the award for video of the year? Or that one time she had everyone fooled with her lip synced national anthem performance and only admitted later on when they exposed her?

But no let's all pretend she is very real and the most humble, talented record breaking artist that ever was:river:

2 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:

Well I think it’s known. Wasn’t smth with her dad, being connected with the Grammys? I’m genially surprised break my soul won dance song category.

Girl please :lmao:

If Grammys can be bought, wouldn't you think she'd bought the more important category first, and not these scraps of categories like best dance album or R&B?!! Didn't think that far, do you?? :lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

androiduser

so they bought the Dance Recording award, but they couldn't have bough a major award in all these years she's been nominated? please....

Great album. But  it ain’t dance/electronic IMO. I think they just wanted everyone to have a trophy, so that’s why they categorized it the way they did.   

7 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

Sorry, is there a money shortage in the music industry where Beyoncé is the only one who can afford to buy awards? If they are bought anyone could do it. Please just sit this one out Britney stan. 😭

BIIITCH!!!! :billie:

tumblr_mjt5y19E9v1ryilq9o1_400.gif

ryan-gosling-ryan.gif

Hottie Detector

• Admin locked this topic

Archived